Transfers ? Who would / wouldn't you sign ?

south_cheshire_toon

Simon Bird article today predicting Tiote is a goner...

Every player has his price. Will Fabricio Coloccini attract a £15 million bid? Will Tiote, who l will predict now could be sold in the summer, be flogged earlier if someone comes calling with £20 million?

Read more: http://www.mirrorfoo...l#ixzz1cSlqaD47

Given that we are predicted to break even and still have the Carroll money as our transfer fund then there's no logical reason for us to sell him.

Unless there is money going out of the club, but we've been assured that isn't the case...

While not as good as this season, on 10th November last year we were sat in 5th place with no logical reason to sell Carroll, just a fear we would. I'll take nowt for granted with Ashley.

If theres any season to break into the top 6 clubs it's this one and hopefully in January we'll look to do that, hopefully we'll keep going about our business steadily up until January and a starting LB (Pieters or Cissokho), a young, backup CB who doesnt cost too much (a Bassong type signing) and a striker too I think Maiga's nailed on, but i'd prefer Doumbia or Cisse (although I know I'm living in Deano's dream world thinking we'd be in for those 2 players)

If theres any season to break into the top 6 clubs it's this one and hopefully in January we'll look to do that, hopefully we'll keep going about our business steadily up until January and a starting LB (Pieters or Cissokho), a young, backup CB who doesnt cost too much (a Bassong type signing) and a striker too I think Maiga's nailed on, but i'd prefer Doumbia or Cisse (although I know I'm living in Deano's dream world thinking we'd be in for those 2 players)

I remember Tiote saying Doumbia would be the perfect signing for us out of his ivory coast teammates during one of his first interviews

I remember Tiote saying Doumbia would be the perfect signing for us out of his ivory coast teammates during one of his first interviews

Not seen much of him but what I have seen he looks absolutely mint. Not sure if his club are one of those megarich russian clubs mind.

Bassong himself seems to be unsettled at Spuds.

I'd have him back alongside Collo tbh.

Guest CabayeAye

Bassong himself seems to be unsettled at Spuds.

I'd have him back alongside Collo tbh.

Who is Collo?

Doumbia' scored 50 in 64 games for Young Boys and 27 in 38 for CSKA, I know theyre not the best leagues but those stats are phenomenal for a striker and alots being made of his ability to cut it at the top level from what I've heard

Although i'd definitely have Bassong back now, I meant Bassong type signing where we sign a young, cheap CB who provides cover for us and look to break the team in the next few seasons

Looks like Lovenkrands is on his way out so a player of his ilk (though actually of a Premier League quality) would be excellent as well since Nile Ranger is never going to make it.

EDIT: not that they're alike, it's just if he had his head screwed on, he'd be a ready-made replacement in terms of numbers but he's always off being a prick.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Guest CabayeAye

We've already got plenty of back up strikers. Unfortunately they are playing as our starting strikers (not Ba though, he is class.)

If we do go for a new CB, I'd prefer someone PL ready rather than a foreign prospect or a lower league bargain. Also an out and out CB rather than a utility player. If we go for a striker as is rumoured that suggests to me Ranger or Lovenkrands is out in Jan, or possibly both.

Edited by Kitman

If we do go for a new CB, I'd prefer someone PL ready rather than a foreign prospect or a lower league bargain. Also an out and out CB rather than a utility player. If we go for a striker as is rumoured that suggests to me Ranger or Lovenkrands is out in Jan, or possibly both.

To be honest, I'd rather take an established foreign player. I trust the scouting system that's brought us Ben Arfa, Cabaye, and Tiote, and I'd rather get a cheaper option with the desire to succeed than someone of the likes of Richard Dunne. And are there even any defenders other than Samba outside the bigger clubs that would be an improvement on Colo and Taylor? (<- this is a serious question, I cant think of any)

To be honest, I'd rather take an established foreign player. I trust the scouting system that's brought us Ben Arfa, Cabaye, and Tiote, and I'd rather get a cheaper option with the desire to succeed than someone of the likes of Richard Dunne. And are there even any defenders other than Samba outside the bigger clubs that would be an improvement on Colo and Taylor? (<- this is a serious question, I cant think of any)

It's a good point. I'm not that close to British footy any more so was assuming there'd be a decent CB available (like Samba) - the papers are talking about Ridgewell at Brimingham - personally I'd be happy to take Bassong back, I thought he was a good player.

I wasn't dissing foreign players btw but it seems to me CB take longer to foreign CBs take longer to settle into the PL even if they're good. And my thinking was we would recruit a decent back up to Taylor/Colo rather than an upgrade, as it's likely at least one of them will get injured or suspended sooner or later. But I wasn't expecting them to be better than those 2 as I doubt many clubs will let their top performers go mid season anyway.

Gary Cahill perhaps? I'm happy with Taylor and Colo but if the latter did leave the best options in the PL would be Samba and Cahill but even they might be unrealistic and just go to the likes of Spurs ultimately.

Doumbia' scored 50 in 64 games for Young Boys and 27 in 38 for CSKA, I know theyre not the best leagues but those stats are phenomenal for a striker and alots being made of his ability to cut it at the top level from what I've heard

Although i'd definitely have Bassong back now, I meant Bassong type signing where we sign a young, cheap CB who provides cover for us and look to break the team in the next few seasons

ie. Situ, the Summer window trialist.

He seemed to meet the criteria, and going by some match reports sounded like a very interesting prospect. I wonder if the the club's everpresent pursuit for the 'perfect deal', financially, was the roadblock that prevented that move from going through.

He seemed to meet the criteria, and going by some match reports sounded like a very interesting prospect. I wonder if the the club's everpresent pursuit for the 'perfect deal', financially, was the roadblock that prevented that move from going through.

Not exactly. He had one match I believe where he scored one or two goals, which made people get a bit excited about him (me included). But he's gone to Swansea now, and I honestly don't think they'd have offered more than us. And if he's at all decent he would've been snapped up by a bigger club anyway. Although tbf he was one of the world's best defenders in FM2010 for me!

Doumbia or Moussa Sow would be my options for striker (more wish list than realistic)

As people have said Ridgewell would be decent cover for defence and wouldnt cost the earth. Maybe try a swap deal with Ranger!?

I dont see the need to strengthen the midfield. In Tiote, Cabaye, Guthrie and Gosling we have enough cover for CM with Vuckic able to play there as well if needed. Gutierrez, Marveux and Obertan should have the wings covered, with Gosling able to play RW if needed.

Break the bank for Doumbia and get Ridgewell on a cheap and Id be a very happy man.

Defensively we lack back-up everywhere, a centreback and a left-back at least should come in the beginning of January. Relatively unknown for you Englishmen, but since I'm Norwegian I would try to get Vegard Forren from Molde (the Norwegian PL champions this season managed by Solskjaer) who plays both lb and cb, and maybe J.Spector would be a nice addition.

Jonas, Marvie, Obertan, Ben Arfa, and with Ba, Sammy, Guthrie and Gosling able to play wings aswell we seem excessively well covered there.

In the centre Midfield we need a strong defensive backup for Tiote, seeing both Gosling and Guthrie fits more as cover-ups for an injured Cabaye, so someone like Leroy Fer or Cédric Mongongu and also the mentioned Spector. They who also would be good first team options should Tiote be sold by the end of the season. Alan Smith leaves by the end of his contract, thank god.

In the forward area it seems to be Maiga coming in January anyway so probably no discussion there. Although we should seek a third striker with Euro Champ quality also next summer, seeing Leon Best and Shola probably won't be up for that task. I hope we'll sign some quality player on an ending contract, to save some cash. But I also see there's rumours we haven't given up Leverkusens quality striker Eren Derdioyk, and I agree Doumbia would be pure gold to have in this team.

Edited by Aeris

Not exactly. He had one match I believe where he scored one or two goals, which made people get a bit excited about him (me included). But he's gone to Swansea now, and I honestly don't think they'd have offered more than us. And if he's at all decent he would've been snapped up by a bigger club anyway. Although tbf he was one of the world's best defenders in FM2010 for me!

Yeah thats the kind of signing i meant, but we didn't sign him due to work permit complications i think, because Swansea wanted him but couldnt get a work permit for him, but someone like him a prospect who's pretty cheap who wouldnt mind being a back-up and could fill in if needed