xbox or ps3

Barney

My renewal is up for xbox live again. €60 for a year. I only ever play FIFA and my mates all have PS3's so probably don't get anywhere near my moneys worth out of it.

Should I look at a trade-in?

I have a 60gig xbox, and about 8 games. Would it cost a fortune to trade in with a gamestop or game store for a basic ps3?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both, Xboxs are better but they're both so similar that it really does depend on your situation. Since most of your mates have ps3s probs the best option for you tbh, onlines not as good but if you're with your mates online that's what's more important!

Balls. I don't play it that often to go spending money on the change-over.

Even a used PS3 will probably set me back a few quid. 60 a year for membership is more than I spend on games though!

i got both now, xbox's are shit, ps3's are much better. seriously regret buying one

Can't fault such a well worded argument tbh.

And is €60 the RRP for it over there? If so you'll be able to get it cheaper than that for sure.

Edited by Tecato

i got both now, xbox's are shit, ps3's are much better. seriously regret buying one

And is €60 the RRP for it over there? If so you'll be able to get it cheaper fhan that for sure.

Yeah, €60 to buy it through the online function on xbox live.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off seeing if someone would do a straight swap.

And is €60 the RRP for it over there? If so you'll be able to get it cheaper fhan that for sure.

Yeah, €60 to buy it through the online function on xbox live.

I'm wondering if I'd be better off seeing if someone would do a straight swap.

Like I said, you can get it significantly cheaper elsewhere.

€39 here for instance - http://xboxliveuk76....UROPEUK-24.html

€37 here - http://www.shopto.ne...ml?currency=EUR

Edited by Tecato

I bought a PS3 after a 360 and think I prefer the 360 because of the interface funnily enough. The store is better, checking your friends list is better and even silly things like checking your achievements is a hell of a lot easier. The back catalogue is pretty much the same now barring a few exclusives so you're only really missing out on Gears of War and Forza if you get a PS3. If you want to play your mates at FIFA then you may as well though you'll have to buy a headset if you want to chatter on to them.

Depends what your needs are really. If you're looking to play with mates etc and they all have PS3's i'd get one of them cos i get bored without talking to mates on my xbox or not playing Multi-player.

If youre looking for the cheapest option I'd get an xbox because the console plus paying for a years membership works out cheaper than a PS3 and free online

since no one ever seems to mention it, think about the controllers too

one of the reasons I got rid of my PS3 when I was getting rid of either it or the 360 is that I can't use the PS3 pads for any length of time, theyre a 90s design and are actually tiny and uncomfortable in my hands, if youre good with them and you'd get better use out of it (its a bluray player too afterall) then you may as well though you'd be taking a hit moneywise Im pretty sure.

I could go into all kinds of other crap but since you said you only really play fifa and your mates have got PS3s then you may as well if you can afford the drop

oh god please not a xbox v ps3 war please lol. i had an xbox 360 ages ago the black elite 120gb model it lasted 11 months and i got red ring disaster never buying anything microsoft ever. i had my ps3 since november last year and its been top notch no problems whatsoever

since no one ever seems to mention it, think about the controllers too

one of the reasons I got rid of my PS3 when I was getting rid of either it or the 360 is that I can't use the PS3 pads for any length of time, theyre a 90s design and are actually tiny and uncomfortable in my hands, if youre good with them and you'd get better use out of it (its a bluray player too afterall) then you may as well though you'd be taking a hit moneywise Im pretty sure.

I could go into all kinds of other crap but since you said you only really play fifa and your mates have got PS3s then you may as well if you can afford the drop

Cheers lads.

Rang GAME there. They'll give me €75 for my xbox 60gig. That leaves me with about 6/7 games to trade-in too and another controller. I also have the wifi attachment and a wired controller.

A used PS3 40gig is €160(€195 incl FIFA 12).

I'd probably get another €40 or so for the extra bits to trade in, leaving me with roughly €100 to still put towards it.

It's a bit much, tbh, even with me saving €40 per year on membership. I'm used to the PS controllers from having a ps 1 & 2. It looks like a direct swap might be my best bet.

You'd probably get more money flogging the accessories on ebay than direct trade in. I understand you trading in the console though. I flogged my previous 360 after getting the slimmer one and it was a bit of a fanny on through ebay. Loads of nigerians and the like wanting to buy it.

I've got both and because very few of my mates have the ps3 it's not much more than a blu ray player/iplayer at the minute.

youre aware that MS points and PSN points amount to the same thing right?

and that both are entirely optional whether playing online or not

Edited by Semimental

with my 360 it was costing to much with subscriptions and microsoft points least with ps3 its free to play online

You said in a previous post you only has it for eleven months so you would of only paid for one subscription?!?? And Microsoft points are the same as PN points or whatever they are....or are they free?????? No..

trust me i had one and it was nothing but a pain it was noisy annoying with kids online and expensive

we had/have one too deaders so "trust me I had one" when nigh on everyone commenting on the thread has one isnt going to carry much weight