Lovenkrands wants to leave

jonasjuice

PETER LOVENKRANDS will quit Newcastle in search of regular first-team football.

Toon's Danish striker, 31, has made just one Premier League start this term.

Lovenkrands, whose deal expires next May, said: "Boss Alan Pardew would like to extend my contract, and there have been talks about doing it, but I can't wait for that.

"In January I can talk to whoever I want, so my agent is working to find me another club."

Lovenkrands has hit 29 goals in 79 games for Newcastle.

More surprised about them offering to extend his contract. 'Done a job' for us but definitely time to move him on.

He's lost all his pace which is what his game was about so I don't think there's any reason to keep him now. He did a good job for us particularly in the championship and he does his best for the club but he's just not a premiership quality player any more.

He'd probably be best of going back to Rangers where no doubt he could still score bucket loads in that mickey mouse league.

Canny servant to us IMO. His goals in the second half of the Championship season were vital to us coming up (as well as him playing right after his father's death) and he scored some canny goals last year for us. Don't think he's struggled in recent months through lack of effort, more lack of quality at this level. Decent two year period from him for a free transfer. Fair play.

Don't imagine anyone could be bitter about him wanting to leave. Definitely did us a job in the Championship, but if MA states that a body has to leave for another to arrive, this'll be what happens.

Good luck, McLoven.

Pardew stating that Lovenkrands wont be moving anywhere on the Sky Sports website, not sure what we'd get out of keeping him beyond January when its abundantly clear he can't cut it at this level anymore and we need another top striker in

For the service he's gave us i'd rather see him out and getting games at other clubs than having him here and doing nothing

Best of luck to the man!

He done a fantastic job for us in the championship. His pace seems to be lacking but he could do a job in the championship as he was a very intelligent player. He use to make a lot of intelligent runs to pull defences to one side to allow other players to get in to space.

At this level unfortunately, he is coming in to one very difficult league where defences are world class and tougher to break apart. I think him playing after his father died was a great mark of respect to his father and his attitude. It was brilliant that he scored.