Lovenkrands wants to leave

jonasjuice

Noone could blame him for wanting to sort his future out and go somewhere where he will play it out rather than stuck on the bench. He's a decent option on the bench who is a pretty good finisher but otherwise lacks the physicality. If he does go I'd wish him all the best and thank him for his time here. Nothing to be angry or smart arsed about tbh.

The Mrs is gutted, she has to deal with some of the players on occassion and Loven is "just a lovely, lovely man" (which is usually followed by "unlike that "**** ************ ****** ", but I can't type that bit out)

• 4 months later...

Looks like his NUFC career is over.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7579891/Lovenkrands-blow-for-Newcastle

Newcastle striker Peter Lovenkrands is in danger of missing the rest of the season through injury.

Lovenkrands has picked up a serious thigh injury which could force him to sit on the sidelines for the remainder of the campaign.

The news is a major blow for Lovenkrands as he is out of contract in the summer and it means his late appearance in last weekend's draw with Sunderland may have been his last game for the club.

"We have got a bad injury this week - Peter Lovenkrands has really hurt his thigh," said Magpies boss Alan Pardew.

"We are not sure yet, but he's definitely torn it and he might have ruptured it, so we think that's him for the season, actually, which is a very big blow for him with his contract up and everything."

"We have got a bad injury this week - Peter Lovenkrands has really hurt his thigh," said Magpies boss Alan Pardew.

:lol:

How bad is it?

It REALLY hurts.

Could be worse, it could knack.

Good on the bloke. He was about the only player who gave a toss at the end of our relegation season and was fantastic in the Championship. He's lacked a bit of quality in the Premier League this time round, unfortunately, but he still put in a few shifts for us last season. A good servant to the club and he clearly loves NUFC so I'm sure he'll be back to watch games in the future.

Good on the bloke. He was about the only player who gave a toss at the end of our relegation season and was fantastic in the Championship. He's lacked a bit of quality in the Premier League this time round, unfortunately, but he still put in a few shifts for us last season. A good servant to the club and he clearly loves NUFC so I'm sure he'll be back to watch games in the future.

Agreed; I liked the fella.

Very committed & was a decent player

Best of luck to him.

Despite being vastly limited in ability he always gave his best & had that effort in the relegation season vs Sunderland gone in he could have been a legend, not sure if it hit the bar or went just wide.

Did a pretty good job for us all in. Had we had a more sizable squad he'd have been allowed to leave when we were promoted.

Failing to see why so many are having a go at him tbh.