Benefit Fraud

Jan

Actually, you're probably too young for Touche Turtle. As an aside, I remember once being properly pissed off because it was cancelled as there was a special programme on the announcement of the Royal wedding between Charles and Di.

hehehe, I was too young for Touche Turtle, I was more or less too young for Grange Hill as well, I remember some scouse cunt and thinking he was a mug, but that's as far as my memory stretches for it. God I bet you felt as bad as I did when the toon game got cancelled on account of a rich woman I don't know dying in a car crash.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you're probably too young for Touche Turtle. As an aside, I remember once being properly pissed off because it was cancelled as there was a special programme on the announcement of the Royal wedding between Charles and Di.

hehehe, I was too young for Touche Turtle, I was more or less too young for Grange Hill as well, I remember some scouse cunt and thinking he was a mug, but that's as far as my memory stretches for it. God I bet you felt as bad as I did when the toon game got cancelled on account of a rich woman I don't know dying in a car crash.

Aye, her again, I was well fucked off. Me Mam woke me up the morning she died at about half 6. On a fucking Sunday I might add. She was crying so my immediate thought was there'd been a death in the family. When she told me the crack my response was a terse "Is that it?" :icon_lol:

Fuck me Alex, that's some memory.

Touch of the Aspergers there?

Possibly. I just remembered it there out of the blue. I was sat at me Gran's waiting for it to come on (used to love it) then they announced it has been cancelled. Deputy Dawg was another favourite.

:lol:

You remember Huckleberry Hound?

Huckleberry_Hound.png

Aye, her again, I was well fucked off. Me Mam woke me up the morning she died at about half 6. On a fucking Sunday I might add. She was crying so my immediate thought was there'd been a death in the family. When she told me the crack my response was a terse "Is that it?" :icon_lol:

:lol:

Mine wasn't even is that it, it was more ffs I bet the match is off. Was the dippers away, I was in London at the time, and up to date papers were in the shops by 830 "DIANA DEAD" so fuck. Next thing ye naa 2,000,000 people descending on people to pay their respects to someone they didn't know, who pisses and shites the same as anyone else.

Stevie making himself look like an absolute fool, isn't the first time :lol: Woaw! Some cunt has your work email, well done, ffs, my name isn't murphy either you bubbling idiot.

The country loses far, far more money in tax evasion than benefit fraud tbh.

Depends what you mean by tax evasion. There's the black economy (no income tax/no VAT etc), there's tax planning (companies, individuals), tax evasion via hiding cash in tax havens, tax avoidance through rich people living abroad but flitting back and forth to the UK (Philip Green/Monaco etc). Once you get past the black economy, which is basically theft from the public purse, no-one really agrees about what is "paying your fair share", it depends on your politics. There's also a balancing act between making taxpayers pay their "fair share" and driving away jobs and skills. On the other hand, a benefit cheat is a straightforward proposition morally and economically. However it must be bloody hard to identify and stamp out.

The changes to Payroll and how it is reported to HMRC will potentially half the amount of benefit fraud overnight (well within 2 months of it going live). In that I mean the type where someone is working as well as claiming benefits theyre not entitled to.

That starts next April with some Employers and is then compulsory from the year after....

Are you saying that up until this point that HMRC records have not been cross-checked with benefit claimants?

No they are cross referenced however how it currently works is:

Man gets job in May and gives false NINO.

Following April company sends data to HMRC

HMRC send data to DWP

HMRC cant trace NINO so go back to company.

Employee left employment in December so no come back.

How it will work:

Man gets job in May

Company sends data to HMRC when he is paid

HMRC cant trace so go back to company

Company goes back to employee for more info

Correct NINO traced and DWP informed.