Would you have taken 7th place right now?

Lake Bells tits

Would you? For me, it would represent magnificent progress from last season. Could we finish higher? Well yes...its possible, but not likely..

scratch that, its highly unlikely. We dont have the bench to pull it off basically.

I cant see us break into the top-6 while being run on a shoestring. To put it into perspective, We would need to have players like Ba, Steven Taylor and Cabaye on the bench for times when the injuries set in. Which we dont.

So, personally, I Wouldnt get too greedy given our current league position. 7th would be fantastic.

We have virtually no chance of finishing higher than 7th as far as I'm concerned. 7th would be a fantastic achievement and is a definite possibility though.

Virtually no chance? Now? Howay man. There must be room for the possibility after this start, these displays.

Last year we were a goal off being ninth and it's clear we've improved markedly since then.

Edited by trophyshy

At which stage did Hull start to fuck up in the 08-09 season? I know it was after they played Man City.

In other words, how many points were they on after 11 games?

Tried to find out myself but can't find data.

At which stage did Hull start to fuck up in the 08-09 season? I know it was after they played Man City.

In other words, how many points were they on after 11 games?

Tried to find out myself but can't find data.

They had 19 points after 11 matches

We are not Hull. Hull were a team of grafters with one player of quality (that Brazilian bloke) and as soon as he lost form results dipped and rest of the team followed suit. Our team has quality, true quality, and the likelihood of doing a Hull-like nose dive is virtually an impossibility.

I'm expecting us to finish 7th we have a big lead on our competition for that spot. I can't realistically see us finishing any higher since we are bound to have some difficult periods during the season where the 'top 6' will make up ground/pull away from us.

How many tenses are in that question?

Just one: present perfect

but the taking of 7th isn't an ongoing event from the past, its a one off decision for right now.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest CabayeAye

There is no reason why we couldn't finish above one of Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham. To say that this is impossible is just typical negative rubbish.

Plus, as someone said, our bench of Santon, Guthrie, Ben Arfa and Marveaux plus hopefully a CB and a LB post January is anything but shit.

I really don't understand the wanking over Tottenham at the minute, they aren't anywhere as good as 'arry's media pals make out.

There is no reason why we couldn't finish above one of Arsenal, Liverpool or Tottenham. To say that this is impossible is just typical negative rubbish.

Plus, as someone said, our bench of Santon, Guthrie, Ben Arfa and Marveaux plus hopefully a CB and a LB post January is anything but shit.

I really don't understand the wanking over Tottenham at the minute, they aren't anywhere as good as 'arry's media pals make out.

They haven't dropped a single point to any team outside the big 6.

Think we're much better set up than last season tbh. Problem is the lack of depth in certain key areas. Our first XI is a match for most sides though.

Aye HF but will we still be 8pts better off after the next 3 games?

All I'm saying is ppl going (not you) "ooooo were better than this point last year!" doesn't mean dick if you then have a run of the better teams and take a battering and end up being the same point as last year (which is grand) I just think our current great run is a bit masked atm. Xmas is the best benchmark.

(I'd happily take 3pts from the 9pts avail from our next 3 btw)

Scum and Chelsea are are best hopes for points.....as much as I want us to do well I think city are going bend us over.

You're gonna get told off. ;)

All I'm saying is ppl going (not you) "ooooo were better than this point last year!" doesn't mean dick if you then have a run of the better teams and take a battering and end up being the same point as last year (which is grand) I just think our current great run is a bit masked atm. Xmas is the best benchmark.

Scum and Chelsea are are best hopes for points.....as much as I want us to do well I think city are going bend us over.

We'll still be 7 points better off if we lose all 3.

Think we're much better set up than last season tbh. Problem is the lack of depth in certain key areas. Our first XI is a match for most sides though.

You can see with all the negative goal differences outside the top group there ain't that much to worry about from most of this league.

We should finish at least 7th. Villa and Everton are the best of the rest IMHO and we've got a great head start on both. Liverpool and Spurs aren't that great either, I think they'll both catch us but you never know a serious injury to Suarez or Modric and they would both look very average.

We should finish at least 7th. Villa and Everton are the best of the rest IMHO and we've got a great head start on both. Liverpool and Spurs aren't that great either, I think they'll both catch us but you never know a serious injury to Suarez or Modric and they would both look very average.

Liv will struggle IMO unless they spend more money in Jan.

Their mid is a shambles and Gerrard is finished.

You're gonna get told off. ;)

:blush2: i'm sowwwy

We'll still be 7 points better off if we lose all 3.

We'd be 3 points better off wouldn't we? We had 22 at that stage and currently we've 25, if we lose all 3 we'll still have 25

25-22 = 3

yes the math works :D

So hardly miles better off, like i was saying the midway point is the benchmark, a good start means nothing if you then lose to everyone else

Nope after 14 games we had 18 points

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2010-2011/table/2010-11-22