Would you have taken 7th place right now?

Lake Bells tits

Was just looking at the fixtures the rest of this year and also those of ManUtd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs & Arsenal. So long as we can stay within that group then I think it will have been a fantastic year. I dont see any of those teams dropping out of the top 7 so we just need to stay in there.

With the games for the rest of this year I reckon the points they will get is :

NUFC 00133331 = 8 games - 14 points

ManUtd 33133333 = 8 Games - 22 Points

City 3131333 = 7 Games - 17 Points

Liverpool 11310331 = 8 Games - 13 Points

Chelsea 13113133 = 8 Games - 16 Points

Spurs 113113133 = 9 Games - 17 Points

Arsenal 3330133 = 7 Games - 16 Points

Based on that by the end of the year I think the Top 7 will be

P 18 Pts 48 - ManCity

P 19 Pts 48 - ManUtd

P 19 Pts 39 - NUFC

P 19 Pts 38 - Chelsea

P 18 Pts 36 - Spurs

P 18 Pts 35 - Arsenal

P 19 Pts 32 - Liverpool

Ok, I know this is as bad as posting formations, but fucking hell to think that's even remotely possible.

If we get Maiga in and maybe 1 other CD/CM in then I would hope we would be pushing for a Europa League spot.

For those that say Europe is a pipe dream you obviously haven't had to endure Stoke, Fulham and Birmingham on your TV this week

If we get Maiga in and maybe 1 other CD/CM in then I would hope we would be pushing for a Europa League spot.

For those that say Europe is a pipe dream you obviously haven't had to endure Stoke, Fulham and Birmingham on your TV this week

There are rumours a "mystery" FB deal is done (not the Dutch lad), Maiga is done, and they are looking for CB depth, alledgedly

Looking at Liverpools games, appears to me that they are steamrolling everyone gamewise but just cant seem to score. That sort of dominance will after a while result in a shitload of points. and tbh its not Daglish`s fault the team has 10 crossbars every game and carroll misses 100% sitters.

We might be more effective, but Liverpool looks a far more dominant side than us tbh.. I dont like it any more than you do, but unless suarez picks up an injury they will be sailing past us for the fun of it.

No, I wouldn't take 7th right now, because hope is the last thing to die. Deep down I know we won't be able to keep this run up but before a game I always hope to get something out of it. Isn't that what football is all about? You never know.

But of course, if we finish 7th it will be a tremendous achievement.

Edited by hostile_statue

We need to spend the warchest in the january window for a second wind imo. If we can do that, maybe a top5-6 run is possible. cutprice-january window ( most likely scenario) form will dip and 7th will be the best we can hope for.

got to look at where we are at 19 games and particularly post jan given what many fear will happen that month (and rightly so)

for now I'd take 7th for sure, 5 places better off than last season in a transitional period (for our style, players and system) is a remarkable feat

We are 18 points better off than after playing the 11 sides we have played so far (assuming QPR away was a draw last year).

In every game we have equalled or bettered our equivalent result from last year.

If we equal the same result as last season for the rest of this season, we will finish on 62 points.

Awesome.

You're assuming that we will break the current run of transfer windows and not sell at least one of our better players in January. Break the team up as they're performing now and we'll drop points like a scouser downs tools.

Relegation form from now on ( 1 point a game average) will see us on 52 points, which would challenge for a europe spot ( seeing as nearly all the midtable-teams have considerably less points now compared to last season).

Can we average a point a game for the next 27 games? if so we are in the mid-50s. Thats 7th spot.

I have to rub my eyes looking at those stats...