Andy Carroll

KeithJ

Seems that Liverpool fans are now turning against Carroll.

The vented anger at him on Saturday for missing a sitter from 6 yards out which isnt what they expected of a £35mil striker (Rightly so) and now they are saying he will never work in their team due to he lacks mobility and he just doesnt look interested.

I said at the early part of Carrolls start at Liverpool that he will learn the difference between playing for a club and get paid to play for a club. Personally I think deep down he regrets leaving us.

Would I take him back?

Potentially however I think it would be hard how to see how he would fit in with Ba upfront. The thing I liked about Carroll was he was a left footed player and gave great balance on a 4-4-2. Would only pay £10mil to get him back!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong move at the wrong time for him imo

He thrived in our team as we built our play around him, at Liverpool they just dont have any balance and looks like he's being thrown in the team in the hope that he'll come good, but he jsut seems as though theyre trying to put a square peg in a round hole

i'd have him back in a flash. reckon he'd work well with ba up front. you wouldn't give them half what they paid for him mind. the problem liverpool have got is not playing to his strengths. carroll's a good player but he's quite one dimensional. you have to play him in the right way. he was never worth 35m so i can see why we sold him at that price. the criminal thing was not replacing him.

Never worth the money Liverpool paid for him, £12 million in todays inflated market would of been about right, if we could get him back for that price then why not have him back! (not going to happen)

Depends, would make Ashley laugh all the way to the bank. Selling a player for £35mil and getting him back for £10mil (25% off as well due to clause). Would give him the ego boost for making so much profit on a player everyone said he was stupid for selling.

Never worth the money Liverpool paid for him, £12 million in todays inflated market would of been about right, if we could get him back for that price then why not have him back! (not going to happen)

Aye. If Jordan Henderson is worth £20m then he is worth £35m, but the fact is Henderson is not worth £5m of anyones money. We got a french international for that. £15m absolute max is Carroll's value. If he plays 30+ league games from the start he'll get you 15 goals, but so will Ba, and he cost fuck all. I'd have him back, as long as a clause in his contract involving misbehaviour is inserted.

What I find totally laughable (and remember I hear this first hand) is they berate Carroll and say he's "not a Liverpool player" and "doesn't play the Liverpool way".

Funny, he plays like Andy Carroll to me - same player we had. Difference is he isn't getting the same level of service he was getting here and therefore looks less effective. The few times they've crossed a ball onto his head he's looked bloody dangerous. Heading and holding up the play is his strength - not passing it about "the Liverpool way".

They knew what they were buying but they haven't supplemented him yet somehow it's all Carroll's fault??

He'll never be back here under Ashley either. Bridges burned and all that..... I reckon we'll see him turn up at somewhere like Villa or Stoke in a couple of seasons...

When he doesn't play, they get the ball to the wide men and cross into the box. When he does play, they hoof it centrally toward him. Sums up Dalglish's Liverpool and it's mental that they don't know his strengths and how to play to them.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Difficult to imagine that anybody could be happy with Best if the opportunity arose to get Carroll back at a knockdown fee. Ba is not a front man and can't lead a line from what I've seen. Neither can Best at the level we want to be at.

Difficult to imagine that anybody could be happy with Best if the opportunity arose to get Carroll back at a knockdown fee. Ba is not a front man and can't lead a line from what I've seen. Neither can Best at the level we want to be at.

Yeah but he tends to poke his head round the corner with contract offers from other clubs.

Guest CabayeAye

Is "the Liverpool way" code for diving? Because that's all they do. Pass it to Suarez or Gerrard who will throw themselves on the floor for a freekick or pelanty. No place for a battering ram player with that strategy.

Is "the Liverpool way" code for diving? Because that's all they do. Pass it to Suarez or Gerrard who will throw themselves on the floor for a freekick or pelanty. No place for a battering ram player with that strategy.

Yeah he's not falling over enough. :lol: