Andy Carroll

KeithJ

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CabayeAye

If Ashley was actually willing to pay the sort of bucks that Liverpool would no doubt be asking for then I'd rather we use that money to get someone in who is less of a liability and someone who won't unbalance the team.

Correct. We actually have some team spirit at the minute (bar Ranger). Why would we want this cock upsetting the apple cart?

Watch the first half of last years season review DVD & tell me you wouldn't have him back. I was bitter and probably still am so I probably convinced myself he wasn't all that but now I find myself somewhere in the middle. I think he's a great player but there's no way he was worth £35m, Liverpool got caught up in tabloid and media hype and ended up spending twice as much as they needed to.

I would love him back but I wouldn't spend more than £10m and I wouldn't give him the number 9.

He doesn't seem to be doing anything bar getting by at Liverpool and I can't see that changing.

Fuck the accountant talk, I`d give him a Hero`s welcome. He was the victim/beneficiary of a massive american intent splash, cant blame him for tripling his wages. Still, hes a geordie through and through and I`d love him back.

Epic player on his day.

Can't understand how anyone could turn their noses up at having him back. He'd improve our squad without doubt.

Of course I wouldn't give them back anything like what we got for him and after he basically accused Ashley of forcing him out it could pretty much never happen. But while we have players such as Best, Shola and Lovenkrands in the team how anyone could say they wouldn't take back is truly beyond me.

It would take a genuine superstar to live up to a £35m price tag. He's a decent clobber from Gateshead and perhaps everyone, including himself, underestimated the extra impetus and support playing for his big local team provided.

Edited by trophyshy

:lol:

Honestly, Ba and Carroll up front would be frightening. Could well fire us into europe and beyond.

Beyond? - like outer space, quite the claim

I think he means the Middle East. Leazes will be livid.

I'd take him back for a knockdown fee, but not for the kind of money the scousers would demand for him. I think he still has plenty to offer if you give him the service and would improve our striking options, but where his career will end up is hard to predict at the moment.

I'd take him back for a knockdown fee, but not for the kind of money the scousers would demand for him. I think he still has plenty to offer if you give him the service and would improve our striking options, but where his career will end up is hard to predict at the moment.

At the moment ending up like Bucktooth Crouchey seems the most likely scenario if he keeps the clubbin`up.