Manche$ter City v Newcastle United

Park Life

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I thought it was a good attempt by the lads, no shame at all in losing 3-1 to that lot.

Shameful display by their fans though by all accounts.

what was going on with them? saw a bit of aggro between the two sets but they didnt concentrate on it

Tonights version of hell is man city fans from stoke on the train sounding like manu fans 'we'll score when we like' ffs...and that poznan fuckin bollocks.....theyve got the worst set of know nothing bandwagon jumpers since fuckin chelsea.

Canny enough today, we got twatted 4 nowt at stoke last season with a fair few of the same players. Ashley has struck lucky with Pardew and Carr....

Really hope that performance has cemented Ben Arfas place in the starting 11. Wish he had gotten the whole 90 today, must have been gutted to be substituted after "giving away" a penalty there. Great diving by Richards, and the ref bought it. Ben Arfa created 2 extremely good chances for us and otherwise looked quality, and this was a match where we hardly had the ball. Against lesser teams he will be far more effective, and he can only get better.

Well, cant remember the last time I saw as bad a performance as the one from Raylor today. And Im not saying that because Im pissed, I thought we did ok, it was just a lot of individual errors and missed chances. But let alone the errors, his passing, movement, everything, was so awful today. And it was coming as well, we all know he'll never make a good full back. Matter of time before a class team exposed the fact. Santon needs to be given exposure, he cant be worse than Ryan. Some of us argued about Ben Arfa coming in for Obertan after the Everton game, and some said why break up a winning team. Well I think Ben Arfa was easily our best player today, the only one who looked to run at them and had confidence enough in his ability to take them on. Sad he fluffed that finish though. If Santon is a natural full back he really should be coming in and getting a few games under his belt.

Overall wasnt a bad performance though was it? Could have been a very different game had we taken our chances, City didnt threaten anywhere as much as they usually do and all their goals were as a result of individual errors.

Pardew really ought to have a go at Man Utd, they've looked vulnerable all season and we showed today we can cause the best of team a few problems.

HBA was different class. [/Pulp] He is as good as Nasri.

The problem with Raylor has been brewing but has been disguised by the odd good free kick and that goal. A lot of what Raylor has got away with is cause Guti has been doing half his defending. When Guti has an average game (the last two) then Raylor suffers.

No way Jonas had an average game. He started slowly but he was one of our best. Taylor just made two horrible errors and was punished both times. Happens against top sides and it will happen again next week if it continues.

Yes? our defense was shocking sure against spurs, adebayor and defore should've killed us off a few times, spurs were just too awful to take advantage

I expect it will take a while for Ade to find his higher gears. He wasn't fully fit against us which helped.

We defended quite well against Spurs, Adebayor had 2 shots, neither on target. Defoe's goal was superbly taken from a top class player. Until yesterday, R Taylor has had a very good season. Deserves credit and i'd rather he made mistakes against Man City than Norwich or Swansea. He's given Pardew the excuse to change the side if he wants to in a game we were never going to win.

We defended quite well against Spurs, Adebayor had 2 shots, neither on target. Defoe's goal was superbly taken from a top class player. Until yesterday, R Taylor has had a very good season. Deserves credit and i'd rather he made mistakes against Man City than Norwich or Swansea. He's given Pardew the excuse to change the side if he wants to in a game we were never going to win.

Untill yesterday we've been playing the PL riff raff. ;)

Well, cant remember the last time I saw as bad a performance as the one from Raylor today. And Im not saying that because Im pissed, I thought we did ok, it was just a lot of individual errors and missed chances. But let alone the errors, his passing, movement, everything, was so awful today. And it was coming as well, we all know he'll never make a good full back. Matter of time before a class team exposed the fact. Santon needs to be given exposure, he cant be worse than Ryan. Some of us argued about Ben Arfa coming in for Obertan after the Everton game, and some said why break up a winning team. Well I think Ben Arfa was easily our best player today, the only one who looked to run at them and had confidence enough in his ability to take them on. Sad he fluffed that finish though. If Santon is a natural full back he really should be coming in and getting a few games under his belt.

Overall wasnt a bad performance though was it? Could have been a very different game had we taken our chances, City didnt threaten anywhere as much as they usually do and all their goals were as a result of individual errors.

Pardew really ought to have a go at Man Utd, they've looked vulnerable all season and we showed today we can cause the best of team a few problems.

HBA was different class. [/Pulp] He is as good as Nasri.

The problem with Raylor has been brewing but has been disguised by the odd good free kick and that goal. A lot of what Raylor has got away with is cause Guti has been doing half his defending. When Guti has an average game (the last two) then Raylor suffers.

Yup agreed, thats just what I said in the other thread Taylor thread.

Tonights version of hell is man city fans from stoke on the train sounding like manu fans 'we'll score when we like' ffs...and that poznan fuckin bollocks.....theyve got the worst set of know nothing bandwagon jumpers since fuckin chelsea.

Canny enough today, we got twatted 4 nowt at stoke last season with a fair few of the same players. Ashley has struck lucky with Pardew and Carr....

City fan just trying to point out a couple of things wrong with your post.

Since moving to COMS here are the attendances each season up until August 2008 vs Newcastle.

03/04 - May 1st 04 - 47,266

04/05 - Feb 2nd 05 - 45,752

05/06 - Feb 1st 06 - 42,413

06/07 - Nov 11th 06 - 40,571

07/08 - Sep 29th 07 - 40,606

Thats an average of 43,321, and as that first fixture shows, there was and still are plenty of City fans for our stadium to be full. If you take into account the move from Keegan to Pearce, then there is a big decline, but who can fault some of the fans after only seeing one goal in a full season at home under Pearce. Obviously when things pick up on the pitch the attendances increase. Newcastle fans should know that better than most, as your support hasnt been as loyal as you make out, just pointing this out and in no way a dig.

Also, you have added the wrong words to that song. Its a piss take out of a United song and the derby demolition we did on them. The song goes, 'It should've been 10, It should've been 10, You cockney bastards, It should've been 10.'

And just to clear the Poznan piece up, it is our way of thanking Lech for being the first set of fans to really make an atmosphere at our stadium, in a game we were involved in. Both sets of fans respect each other and this is our way of showing that.

Talking about respecting other sets of fans, maybe that is something some Newcastle fans could look into. Im not sure if any are aware of the firework/thunderflash that was thrown into the home support on Saturday, but it is a disgraceful action from a football fan which has led to a City fan almost having his hand blown off as he went to remove it from infront of 2 children. That is what was seen on tv when City fans were trying to get to Newcastle fans. Alot of coin throwing then resulted from both sets of fans, then the Newcastle fans started to tear up seats and throw them at City fans too. You can read more here if you like.

http://forums.bluemo...hp?f=1&t=239904

So if you want to talk about "know nothing" fans i'll be quite happy to discuss the Geordie's actions as well as City's.

Edited by Ricster

Two football clubs have supporters that are cunts. In other news, the sun is hot.

I didn't say either sets of fans are anything of the sort. Each club up and down the country have their minority of inbred fans, City included. I just think some of the stuff we read on forums nowadays is just bitter and unfounded, like the comment i quoted before.

Its not our fault we were bought over, and if the same was to happen to Newcastle, and a multi billionaire came in and bought your club you wouldn't care a jot for anyone else. What are we as fans meant to do? Sit a round and moan that we have been bought over, or make the most of it while it last's?

Im 33, and was born a bit late for City's "glory years". I've waited a long time to see us lift a trophy, but its happened and i want more of it. Does that make me or any other City fan "a cunt"? No, we have a taste for it and want it again and again.

I remember when King Kev had Newcastle at the top of the league and you guys thought you'd win it, we hoped you'd win it. Did we bad mouth you or your set of fans cos you might win the league? Nope, and lets be honest, KK spent a fair few bucks in his time at Newcastle.

You see you have to spend money to compete, doesn't mean City fans have changed, i suggest it shows that other fans change due to wanting the same for their club, i wont blame them for the latter of that.

Welcome to the board, Ricster.

Incidentally what do you make of the whole Tevez affair? I see he's been linked with moves to both Milan clubs now. Seems like a ridiculous carry-on for someone who was a City hero a mere season ago! :glare:

Welcome to the board, Ricster.

Incidentally what do you make of the whole Tevez affair? I see he's been linked with moves to both Milan clubs now. Seems like a ridiculous carry-on for someone who was a City hero a mere season ago! :glare:

Thanks Brock.

Tevez really is a strange species. I just dont get what is going on in his head. I was a huge Tevez fan, i even wrote a love in about him on Bluemoon, but after last December when he handed in his transfer request our love wilted a bit. I was still behind the guy, just not in the same way. Yes he was our captain at Wembley that day, but it was Paddy V and Vinnie Kompany who were our heroes that day. At half time, both asked Mancini to leave and as the story goes they gave a motivational speech that Churchill would of been proud of. (Not the dog). If you were to ask City fans who shouldve been the captain that day, the majority will say Vinnie, especially after what had happened with Carlos.

Then over the summer with him still looking to get out, even though we improved the squad with Clichy, Aguero, Nasri and Savic coming in, he still wanted to go. City tried their best to make a deal happen with Corinthians, yet they couldn't get the money together in the way City wanted it paid. Inter didn't meet our valuation and tried getting him on the cheap, £30m.

Then came Munich away. It was quite clear to every City fan that Carlos thought he was bigger than the club, and no fan of any club will stand for what he did. He refused to help his team out, he refused to try for the 2,000 City fans who had made the journey, he refused to help the manager who had been nothing than supportive of Carlos on previous matters.

I dont think he is the only guilty party in this, and Kia Joorbachrin has been the puppet master. Tevez could have gone on to become City's all time legend. Not now. I'd be quite happy to see him rot in the reserves, made to train on his own, or sacked and his registration withheld, but City will look to offload him while they can still make money, hence why i have £15 @10/1 with Skybet that he moves to Inter in January.

This may sound arrogant, but its not meant to, but do City really need Carlos now anyway? He is quite a greedy player, and likes to be the main focus, this possibly led to his actions, but with Dzeko (10 league goals in 6 starts and 2 sub appearances), Balotelli (6 league goals in 4 starts and 4 sub appearances) and Aguero ( with 10 league goals in 9 starts and 1 sub appearance) would he really get into that team now? It would be very hard for Mancini to make room for Tevez even on the bench.

I didn't think you would need Aguero with Tevez tbh (before the whole Munich incident of course). Thought he would be a bit too slight an all but is looking awesome so far.

Balotelli could go on to be one of the best strikers in the world if he wanted to - would love to have had him at Newcastle (or Reading; could use a few goals at present) and Dzeko is getting well-suited to the prem.

Read an article last week (possibly on here) about Tevez being a greedy player - looking at goals to assists ratio compared to other strikers.

He'd still walk into any top team in the world, but it seems that a career with Joorbachrin has completely fucked him up in the head. Any bloke with hair as greasy as Joorbachrin is bad news imo. Sad to see someone being paid such an obscene amount of money and apparently doesn't accept responsibility for his own actions. You worry how his kids are going to turn out...

There must be grounds for City to simply stop paying him or even claim legal comp seeing as he's fit to play.