Manche$ter City v Newcastle United

Park Life

The only exception I make in my observations of Man C is Balotelli, who has to be the most unnecessary prick of a human being currently kicking a football in England and Wales. I hope his career absolutely dies on it's arse.

Some love him, some hate him, and while i agree he can be his own worst enemy at times, how did Newcastle fans respond to Gazza's antics over the years? Very much the same kind of player, meaning they both have/had the world at their feet, but both have/had their fair share of problems within their own heads.

No, Balotelli is just a complete wanker.

Gazza absolutely lived for the game (probably all too literally) and was a local lad living a dream playing for his boyhood club. Baloteli honestly and truly has no love of football whatsoever and wouldn't piss on your fans if you were on fire if you want the truth. He's just a complete twat of a human being. My point is about his personality not his talent.

His personality on the pitch is the way he does his job. His job is to put the ball in the net and cos he doesn't celebrate it doesn't make him a twat. Can you imagine myself running round a shopping centre, shirt off, swinging it around the air cos i'd caught a shoplifter? Different people do things differently, and i can see why he doesn't. Do i wish he did celebrate? Yep, cos knowing our Mario, it would be epic every week.

If youre pointing out how he is or was then i believe there is a very good reason for it. He came to England with a lot of attitude but when youre racially abused by fans of not just other clubs, but also your national team, obviously your barriers are going to go up. There is a lot of misunderstanding about Balotelli, and i suggest a few read up on what his life has been like cos money cant buy happiness.

I'm not arsed about hard luck stories tbh, professional football is mainly populated by people from less than priviliged backgrounds who've had it tough, with the exception of Frank Lampard Junior and Jamie Redknapp.

John Terry has had a cunt's upbringing and he's a cunt as a result and as such I'll call him a cunt. Not bothered about hearing excuses.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the impression Ricster is an OOT like/Sky generation??? I even detected a hint of Yank that I thought Stevie would be all over like a cheap suit.

Haha, no I'm feeling more a chubby jovial chirpster who lives somewhere like Fleetwood or Lancaster.

:icon_lol:

Tonights version of hell is man city fans from stoke on the train sounding like manu fans 'we'll score when we like' ffs...and that poznan fuckin bollocks.....theyve got the worst set of know nothing bandwagon jumpers since fuckin chelsea.

Canny enough today, we got twatted 4 nowt at stoke last season with a fair few of the same players. Ashley has struck lucky with Pardew and Carr....

City fan just trying to point out a couple of things wrong with your post.

Since moving to COMS here are the attendances each season up until August 2008 vs Newcastle.

03/04 - May 1st 04 - 47,266

04/05 - Feb 2nd 05 - 45,752

05/06 - Feb 1st 06 - 42,413

06/07 - Nov 11th 06 - 40,571

07/08 - Sep 29th 07 - 40,606

Thats an average of 43,321, and as that first fixture shows, there was and still are plenty of City fans for our stadium to be full. If you take into account the move from Keegan to Pearce, then there is a big decline, but who can fault some of the fans after only seeing one goal in a full season at home under Pearce. Obviously when things pick up on the pitch the attendances increase. Newcastle fans should know that better than most, as your support hasnt been as loyal as you make out, just pointing this out and in no way a dig.

Also, you have added the wrong words to that song. Its a piss take out of a United song and the derby demolition we did on them. The song goes, 'It should've been 10, It should've been 10, You cockney bastards, It should've been 10.'

And just to clear the Poznan piece up, it is our way of thanking Lech for being the first set of fans to really make an atmosphere at our stadium, in a game we were involved in. Both sets of fans respect each other and this is our way of showing that.

Talking about respecting other sets of fans, maybe that is something some Newcastle fans could look into. Im not sure if any are aware of the firework/thunderflash that was thrown into the home support on Saturday, but it is a disgraceful action from a football fan which has led to a City fan almost having his hand blown off as he went to remove it from infront of 2 children. That is what was seen on tv when City fans were trying to get to Newcastle fans. Alot of coin throwing then resulted from both sets of fans, then the Newcastle fans started to tear up seats and throw them at City fans too. You can read more here if you like.

http://forums.bluemo...hp?f=1&t=239904

So if you want to talk about "know nothing" fans i'll be quite happy to discuss the Geordie's actions as well as City's.

Our support is THE most loyal in world football. You can go on about 1991 as much as you like, but if you understood NUFC, there was an official boycott to oust Gordon McKeag and get SJH, there's nothing else you can really have a dig at us for like ever.

Not as loyal as we make out? You cheeky cunt. We got relegated with a world record average gate for a relegated team 48,750. We've got the worst chairman in the league, and we averaged 44,000 in the Championship, paying Premiership ticket prices, with no new signings. No club in the world would do that. When Pearce was there a lot of your league gates were as low as 34,000, I agree with the comment you have will continue to have a lot of gloryhunters. I tell you what summed it up for me, other than that FA Cup tie in 2002, you never had over 2,000 away fans here since the 5-0 in 1984, last season you had 2,800 sums it all up for me. You're by no means the worst supporters, but there are a lot of myths about Manchester City's support.

35,776 was the lowest attendance at the COMS since we moved there and that was under Pearce's guidance in 06/07 against Fulham who brought a couple of hundered fans that day, as they usually do.

I do realise what happened in 91, and fair play to you guys for it, we had the same problem with Swales. I was meaning before 91, when you guys were stuck in the lower reaches of football. We were there for a short stint and averaged 32,000, the lowest i can ever remember a crowd being at Maine Road.

Im not here to measure dicks with anyone, only here to mereley point out that saying City have bandwagon jumpers is like calling Geordies, Mackems.

Of course we have a new breed of City fan, it always happens when a club wins a trophy, or spends a shit load of cash. Shirt sales surely increased when KK was in charge of Newcastle, just like they did at Blackburn, just like they did at United, just like they did at Chelsea, and now City too. Its inevitable. But go to when City changed ground, and when there was a waiting list for tickets. City's lowest attendance that year was 44,307 vs Charlton, the rest are 46-47k. The fanbase has always been there, its not like we were any good back then :)

The lowest crowd you can remember at Maine Road was 32,000? Did you start going about 99 like? Even then you averaged 28,000 good for division three, but it was football's heyday really, Oasis were cool, I think Man City were cool, and it was cool to say how loyal they were, with their £15 tickets when 8 years earlier you were getting 20,000 in the top flight. That said on the face of it you do well to get decent support with Man Utd on your doorstep, but if Manchester really is blue, then you probably should.

I don't mind your comments about most of the stuff here, but to say your support isn't as loyal as you think it is, is presumptious as to how loyal an individual thinks our support is, secondly it's patronising, and thirdly I don't know how a club who have won nothing at home since 1955, and have little or no hope of winning anything, yet remain the third best supported club in the country, have fans who could be described as anything other than ultra-loyal. Do you know how many clubs have won a domestic trophy since we last did? It's about 58 of 92 clubs, some are in the fucking Conference like Luton and Oxford.

Just checked and it was 28,000 average in a 34,000 cap. That was 90/91 season. The season you are saying about the protesting at Newcastle, which i agree with. But before that to 1978, the year i was born Newcastle did not average over 30,000 in any of those season's. Its all swings and roundabout's, ups and down's, every club has its fair weather supporters. Just think some of the flak we City fans are taking over attendances is a bit rich. We can all go back over the decades and take the ups and downs, its always going to happen.

Just dont think its right to class 46,000 City fans as gloryhunters when the facts quite clearly show we had that fanbase 5-6 seasons ago when we won nowt.

I'm getting the impression Ricster is an OOT like/Sky generation??? I even detected a hint of Yank that I thought Stevie would be all over like a cheap suit.

Yank, oh please. The only more offensive you could call me is a rag or an Englishman, being Scottish afterall. Lived here in Scotland now since 96, still a season ticket holder at City, and moved to Scotland due to family work commitments from Rochdale where my Dad originates from and has been a City fan all his life.

Tonights version of hell is man city fans from stoke on the train sounding like manu fans 'we'll score when we like' ffs...and that poznan fuckin bollocks.....theyve got the worst set of know nothing bandwagon jumpers since fuckin chelsea.

Canny enough today, we got twatted 4 nowt at stoke last season with a fair few of the same players. Ashley has struck lucky with Pardew and Carr....

Since moving to COMS here are the attendances each season up until August 2008 vs Newcastle.

Thats an average of 43,321, and as that first fixture shows, there was and still are plenty of City fans for our stadium to be full. If you take into account the move from Keegan to Pearce, then there is a big decline, but who can fault some of the fans after only seeing one goal in a full season at home under Pearce. Obviously when things pick up on the pitch the attendances increase. Newcastle fans should know that better than most, as your support hasnt been as loyal as you make out, just pointing this out and in no way a dig.

Also, you have added the wrong words to that song. Its a piss take out of a United song and the derby demolition we did on them. The song goes, 'It should've been 10, It should've been 10, You cockney bastards, It should've been 10.'

And just to clear the Poznan piece up, it is our way of thanking Lech for being the first set of fans to really make an atmosphere at our stadium, in a game we were involved in. Both sets of fans respect each other and this is our way of showing that.

Talking about respecting other sets of fans, maybe that is something some Newcastle fans could look into. Im not sure if any are aware of the firework/thunderflash that was thrown into the home support on Saturday, but it is a disgraceful action from a football fan which has led to a City fan almost having his hand blown off as he went to remove it from infront of 2 children. That is what was seen on tv when City fans were trying to get to Newcastle fans. Alot of coin throwing then resulted from both sets of fans, then the Newcastle fans started to tear up seats and throw them at City fans too. You can read more here if you like.

So if you want to talk about "know nothing" fans i'll be quite happy to discuss the Geordie's actions as well as City's.

Our support is THE most loyal in world football. You can go on about 1991 as much as you like, but if you understood NUFC, there was an official boycott to oust Gordon McKeag and get SJH, there's nothing else you can really have a dig at us for like ever.

Not as loyal as we make out? You cheeky cunt. We got relegated with a world record average gate for a relegated team 48,750. We've got the worst chairman in the league, and we averaged 44,000 in the Championship, paying Premiership ticket prices, with no new signings. No club in the world would do that. When Pearce was there a lot of your league gates were as low as 34,000, I agree with the comment you have will continue to have a lot of gloryhunters. I tell you what summed it up for me, other than that FA Cup tie in 2002, you never had over 2,000 away fans here since the 5-0 in 1984, last season you had 2,800 sums it all up for me. You're by no means the worst supporters, but there are a lot of myths about Manchester City's support.

35,776 was the lowest attendance at the COMS since we moved there and that was under Pearce's guidance in 06/07 against Fulham who brought a couple of hundered fans that day, as they usually do.

I do realise what happened in 91, and fair play to you guys for it, we had the same problem with Swales. I was meaning before 91, when you guys were stuck in the lower reaches of football. We were there for a short stint and averaged 32,000, the lowest i can ever remember a crowd being at Maine Road.

Im not here to measure dicks with anyone, only here to mereley point out that saying City have bandwagon jumpers is like calling Geordies, Mackems.

Of course we have a new breed of City fan, it always happens when a club wins a trophy, or spends a shit load of cash. Shirt sales surely increased when KK was in charge of Newcastle, just like they did at Blackburn, just like they did at United, just like they did at Chelsea, and now City too. Its inevitable. But go to when City changed ground, and when there was a waiting list for tickets. City's lowest attendance that year was 44,307 vs Charlton, the rest are 46-47k. The fanbase has always been there, its not like we were any good back then :)

The lowest crowd you can remember at Maine Road was 32,000? Did you start going about 99 like? Even then you averaged 28,000 good for division three, but it was football's heyday really, Oasis were cool, I think Man City were cool, and it was cool to say how loyal they were, with their £15 tickets when 8 years earlier you were getting 20,000 in the top flight. That said on the face of it you do well to get decent support with Man Utd on your doorstep, but if Manchester really is blue, then you probably should.

I don't mind your comments about most of the stuff here, but to say your support isn't as loyal as you think it is, is presumptious as to how loyal an individual thinks our support is, secondly it's patronising, and thirdly I don't know how a club who have won nothing at home since 1955, and have little or no hope of winning anything, yet remain the third best supported club in the country, have fans who could be described as anything other than ultra-loyal. Do you know how many clubs have won a domestic trophy since we last did? It's about 58 of 92 clubs, some are in the fucking Conference like Luton and Oxford.

Just checked and it was 28,000 average in a 34,000 cap. That was 90/91 season. The season you are saying about the protesting at Newcastle, which i agree with. But before that to 1978, the year i was born Newcastle did not average over 30,000 in any of those season's. Its all swings and roundabout's, ups and down's, every club has its fair weather supporters. Just think some of the flak we City fans are taking over attendances is a bit rich. We can all go back over the decades and take the ups and downs, its always going to happen.

Just dont think its right to class 46,000 City fans as gloryhunters when the facts quite clearly show we had that fanbase 5-6 seasons ago when we won nowt.

Hardly anyone did, and they were probably the worst years in our history. Yet in 1984 we were the third best supported team in Britain not just England while we were in Division Two. Gates were so low Everton came 7th in one of the seasons, won the FA Cup and averaged 18,000. If you were 33, you would understand the reasons for this, and you would remember what Thatcher's Northern England was like, coupled with the fact football hooliganism was at an all time high, yet Newcastle remained 5th 6th 7th best supported club despite selling our best players every year like Gazza, Peter and Waddle. Indeed in many of the seasons in the 80's we were getting more than Man City, and lets not forget this was a time late 70's early 80's when Man City had chances to win the league.

I think you were getting the 46,000 when you moved to COM's because of the novelty factor, all clubs have it when they move to a new stadium, the mackems were averaging 47,000 when they moved, 10,000 down on that now, and even Boro, yes Boro! sold out when they moved to the Riverside.

Yank, oh please. The only more offensive you could call me is a rag or an Englishman, being Scottish afterall. Lived here in Scotland now since 96, still a season ticket holder at City, and moved to Scotland due to family work commitments from Rochdale where my Dad originates from and has been a City fan all his life.

Fair play, you have my apologies. Are you English or Scottish though, seems like you're saying you're Scottish there despite being born in England to an English father?

Fair play, you have my apologies. Are you English or Scottish though, seems like you're saying you're Scottish there despite being born in England to an English father?

I was born in Scotland, my dad was in the navy, but we moved to Rochdale soon after. Funny how i class myself as Scottish but when someone asks where im from i say Rochdale.

Anyway, being born a Scot, it was always going to be City back then when i was old enough to understand. They were shit, so were Scotland. Dont get me wrong, the thought of success each season is a very nice one, but, there has always been that small feeling inside that does wish that we could be shit again, just cos of the fun we had and nothing was taken seriously.

We can still have fun at City, just that the seriousness kicks in alot quicker.

Hardly anyone did, and they were probably the worst years in our history. Yet in 1984 we were the third best supported team in Britain not just England while we were in Division Two. Gates were so low Everton came 7th in one of the seasons, won the FA Cup and averaged 18,000. If you were 33, you would understand the reasons for this, and you would remember what Thatcher's Northern England was like, coupled with the fact football hooliganism was at an all time high, yet Newcastle remained 5th 6th 7th best supported club despite selling our best players every year like Gazza, Peter and Waddle. Indeed in many of the seasons in the 80's we were getting more than Man City, and lets not forget this was a time late 70's early 80's when Man City had chances to win the league.

I think you were getting the 46,000 when you moved to COM's because of the novelty factor, all clubs have it when they move to a new stadium, the mackems were averaging 47,000 when they moved, 10,000 down on that now, and even Boro, yes Boro! sold out when they moved to the Riverside.

No reason why you guys cant sell out your new "Arena" then ;) Too soon? :blush2:

No reason why you guys cant sell out your new "Arena" then ;) Too soon? :blush2:

Nar it has about as much impact to us as singing who the fuck are Man Utd to them does. Will always be SJP. Hope BBC join Jeff Stellings pledge to call it SJP at all times.

Two football clubs have supporters that are cunts. In other news, the sun is hot.

I didn't say either sets of fans are anything of the sort. Each club up and down the country have their minority of inbred fans, City included. I just think some of the stuff we read on forums nowadays is just bitter and unfounded, like the comment i quoted before.

Its not our fault we were bought over, and if the same was to happen to Newcastle, and a multi billionaire came in and bought your club you wouldn't care a jot for anyone else. What are we as fans meant to do? Sit a round and moan that we have been bought over, or make the most of it while it last's?

Im 33, and was born a bit late for City's "glory years". I've waited a long time to see us lift a trophy, but its happened and i want more of it. Does that make me or any other City fan "a cunt"? No, we have a taste for it and want it again and again.

I remember when King Kev had Newcastle at the top of the league and you guys thought you'd win it, we hoped you'd win it. Did we bad mouth you or your set of fans cos you might win the league? Nope, and lets be honest, KK spent a fair few bucks in his time at Newcastle.

You see you have to spend money to compete, doesn't mean City fans have changed, i suggest it shows that other fans change due to wanting the same for their club, i wont blame them for the latter of that.

The days of internet message boards and fans measuring each others cocks, eh?

Never mind, Rickster, for what it's worth I've always thought Man City had a decent crowd, and by decent I mean numbers and vocally. One thing I will say though, you also have a pretty high percentage of big mouthed cunts who trot out the line 'over 30 thousand in the 3rd division while you only used to get 8,000 etc, etc'. (Even though it was 28K). Manc-Mag has it nailed on when he says small man syndrome. Clubs like us, Man City, Everton, Villa and Spurs arguing about 'biggest' is like the proverbial two bald men arguing over a comb. For me though, a big proportion of your support gave it the billy big balls every time you played us and love to tell all and sundry how your support was superb 'when you were shit' and then you bring 1991 up and the shit support of the Geordies. Unfortunately, Rickster, we've never had the pleasure of the 3rd division but I'd put good money on the fact we'd be the best supported club that division has ever had if we did get in it, for the novelty/we'll show 'em factor alone. If any of your lot who constantly say our support was shit pre-Keegan come on here, maybe they'd like to present all the other 'big' clubs attendances from the same seasons when our shit support often bettered them, and often bettered them from a lower league.

To be honest, Stevie/Mcfaul has presented the case and I could go into more detail but I'll just leave it at that. For every decent lad I've met who were City fans I've unfortunately heard at least another who was a complete fucking balloon and who made up attendance stats because, lets be honest, when your team is shit and your biggest claim to fame is your support and how good it is then NUFC being around getting better throughout our own turbulant times is one huge, fuck-off fly in your ointment.

Just to clarify, We've averaged under twenty thousand three times since the days of horse drawn carts. Our smallest of these was in 1991 and was 16,000. I believe Man City once boasted a 13,000 average. Who'd have thought it?

On the other hand, we also were relegated with the biggest ever average gate of any club in this country so we can't be that bad, either.

"Behind the scenes" video from the game.

Doesn't seem to be any hard feelings between HBA and De Jong (6:15). Also, Santon and Balotelli seem close :)

Love stuff like this, me. Find it very interesting seeing the relationships between opposition players off the pitch. Good, respectful, competitive spirit.

Nice to see Milner get a bit of recognition too.

Edited by Tecato

Doesn't seem to be any hard feelings between HBA and De Jong (6:15). Also, Santon and Balotelli seem close :)

Jonas is as casual as fuck.

Hardly recognised Alan Smith at first. Took a bit of time to work out who he was for some reason. He's looking very 'Robbie Savage' at the moment.

That kid who got Smiths blue training sweater. That is probably THE worst souvenir he coulda got from being down there. :icon_lol:

I can imagine the kit man going:

- For fucks sake Smudger, you can't just hand out sweaters like that!

- But the kid really wanted it!

- Yeah right...

Edited by hostile_statue

Hardly recognised Alan Smith at first. Took a bit of time to work out who he was for some reason. He's looking very 'Robbie Savage' at the moment.

He looks like Gavin Harris, he was a mug as well.

He looks like Gavin Harris, he was a mug as well.

Aye, took Real for mugs again just like when we sold them Woodgate.