Blatter: Racism should be sorted out with a handshake

Gemmill

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnHartson10 John Hartson

Im not condoning racism by any shape or form i was called what a dog wouldn't lick by football fans but still wouldn't call it racism!

:lol:

I like John Hartson a lot but he should just pipe down about certain subjects. You can tell he's old school with his chinkies remarks a few month ago.

Blatter getting Tokyo Joe to switch it all back onto FIFA's favourites - England there . canny . . :mellow:

"The statement said: "I am sorry and I regret that my statements earlier this week have resulted in an unfortunate situation.

"I am committed to the fight against racism ... I will not stop until we have stamped racism out of football."

Mr Blatter also rejected calls for him to resign.

Mr Sexwale, who had featured in a photo issued by Mr Blatter in the wake of the allegations against him, followed up his defence of the Fifa boss by turning his focus on the English FA.

He first called for "action" in the case of Liverpool FC striker Luis Suarez, who has been charged with making racist comments towards Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

He then said: "The most worrisome of the cases is that which involved Chelsea captain John Terry, where he is being investigated for racial remarks he (allegedly) made against (Anton) Ferdinand.

"John Terry is also the captain of the English national team. It is therefore not helpful for any side to have honoured him with the captain's armband whilst the (alleged) indiscretion against another player of another race is still so fresh in mind."

http://news.sky.com/home/world-news/article/16112800

Blatter taking the piss by trying to turn it round and making an issue out of the situation in this country though (I suspect he knows this full well and is laughing while he does it). The stuff being discussed is nowt compared to what goes on in Spain or Italy. But lets be honest, if tackling racism came remotely close to lining pockets as far as Fifa was concerned places like Russia wouldn't even be allowed to bid for World Cups, let alone host them.

Mark Bright was on BBC breakfast this morning talking on this issue. It's hard to take him too seriously though after he went mental last year on twitter, crying racism when a black lass got hoyed off the x factor despite, in his opinion, outsinging the white lass in the sing-off. :lol:

Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender at the centre of the Luis Suárez racism case, has been accused of overreacting and "crying like a baby" in an astonishing attack by Gus Poyet, a friend of the Liverpool striker. :lol:

Poyet's condemnation flies in the face of the Kick It Out campaign's instruction for footballers to report anything they consider to be racial slurs. But the Brighton manager believes Suárez has been harshly treated and his dismay about his fellow Uruguayan being charged by the Football Association manifested itself in an outburst about the behaviour of the alleged victim.

"I believe Luis Suárez, it's simple," Poyet said. "I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America, and I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone had said something to me."

Poyet, who has befriended Suárez since the striker moved to Liverpool from Ajax in January, is not convinced the FA has enough evidence to warrant a charge of using racial insults. Suárez has denied the allegations and will plead not guilty.

"I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he has been charged," Poyet said. "Really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

Edited by Park Life

Patrice Evra, the Manchester United defender at the centre of the Luis Suárez racism case, has been accused of overreacting and "crying like a baby" in an astonishing attack by Gus Poyet, a friend of the Liverpool striker. :lol:

Poyet's condemnation flies in the face of the Kick It Out campaign's instruction for footballers to report anything they consider to be racial slurs. But the Brighton manager believes Suárez has been harshly treated and his dismay about his fellow Uruguayan being charged by the Football Association manifested itself in an outburst about the behaviour of the alleged victim.

"I believe Luis Suárez, it's simple," Poyet said. "I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America, and I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone had said something to me."

Poyet, who has befriended Suárez since the striker moved to Liverpool from Ajax in January, is not convinced the FA has enough evidence to warrant a charge of using racial insults. Suárez has denied the allegations and will plead not guilty.

"I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he has been charged," Poyet said. "Really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

That's true though. South Americans get discriminated against as equally as blacks do in Spain. It's just that they can't be singled out so easily in games with monkey noises like the blacks do.

I don't really think we should be looking towards Spain and what is tolerated in the game there as any sort of guide as to what should be allowed over here like.

He does. Look, it's not the smartest thing to say, tbh he should have kept his mouth shut, but a lot of what he says is correct.

Edited by Ken

I don't really think we should be looking towards Spain and what is tolerated in the game there as any sort of guide as to what should be allowed over here like.

True. England are many steps ahead of Spain and so should those standards be maintained.

How does that help his 'mate' Suarez btw? If Suarez is denying it, then that's all Poyet needs to highlight. Going on about Evra being a nancy boy for not being able to take verbal abuse makes Suarez look like he's got something to hide.

The daft spik.

:lol: I just wondered. It actually wasn't rhetorical.

Growing up anyone of European or South American heritage and particularly those with an accent were classed as a wog, grease or daigo. Those of Asian decent were called gooks, nips or ching-chongs.

• 4 years later...

Pop the bubbly! The brown envelopes are prepped for delivery!

25s8kes.jpg

http://www.weberverlag.ch/english/sepp-blatter-mission-football/#cc-m-product-8410765185

rkagli.jpg

Despite the success, Blatter repeatedly had to put up with harsh reviews and prejudices. In this richly illustrated book, Sepp Blatter tells how he learned to deal with the hostility.