Sports Direct FC

Holden McGroin

Can't see it happening in all honesty. Whereas I think the stadium thing was sadly predictable. It would certainly be a bridge too far for the vast majority of fans. You never know with these cunts though.

Won't happen, I would suspect the lease on the ground is to Newcastle United (or NUFC Ltd or some such) can't see the council agreeing to continue the lease for what would be a totally new "entity"

Won't happen, I would suspect the lease on the ground is to Newcastle United (or NUFC Ltd or some such) can't see the council agreeing to continue the lease for what would be a totally new "entity"

The lease wouldn't be an issue.

I'm guessing they'd need approval from the FA though for a name change, which of course would never be given.

I'm guessing they'd need approval from the FA though for a name change, which of course would never be given.

I would guess the Council could/would make it an issue.

The council could/would do fuck all.

The council could/would do fuck all.

Explain please ??

Guest CabayeAye

Didn't the FA change the rule about 'franchising' after the Wimbledon farce. I know he won't relocate, but I can't see the FA supporting "Sports Direct FC".

I suspect the fans of Wimbledon thought the same before they got changed to MK Dons...

Sports Direct United? Newcastle Direct? Lonsdale FC?

Actually, bearing in mind Satan owns the following brands I guess any would be applicable if he wanted to 'showcase' their names as new club names:

Antigua

Carlton

Dunlop

Donnay

GoldDigga

Everlast

Kangol

Karrimor

Lonsdale

No Fear

Slazenger

Voodoo Dolls

Just add an 'FC' or 'Utd' at the end of any of them and he'd be cooking with gas :glare:

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Guest CabayeAye

Actually, bearing in mind Satan owns the foloow brands I guess any would be applicable if he wanted to 'showcase' their names as new club names:

Antigua

Carlton

Dunlop

Donnay

GoldDigga

Everlast

Kangol

Karrimor

Lonsdale

No Fear

Slazenger

Voodoo Dolls

Just add an 'FC' or 'Utd' at the end of any of them and he'd be cooking with gas :glare:

They are the shittest brands EVER!

I suspect the fans of Wimbledon thought the same before they got changed to MK Dons...

You're comparing us to Wimbledon? Even you must know that's a stupid comparison.

You're comparing us to Wimbledon? Even you must know that's a stupid comparison.

Well, I'd hope there was a difference but what if that's just pride talking, pride before a fall and all that - hell I wouldn't be at all surprised by anything these days.