Santon > Raylor

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was only a matter of time before Taylor had a game like he did today. There's no disgrace in it, as we bought him as a backup utility player from Wigan.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that he has had an excellent season, especially by his standards, and has been an integral part of the meanest defence in the league.

We all know he's not the long-term solution, but I'm not going to slate him, especially after his efforts for us so far this season.

He's done well for us overall this season.

Not the full-term left back we want though, and he's always going to get 'found out' against the top teams in the league.

Let's not forget he's won us two games with some belting goals...

Reactionary nonsense. Had one poor game in a string of 12 ffs.

but you just said youve not seen the match in the other thread there

once you see the handball and the goal you'll understand

its not reactionary as we all knew he was a stopgap who was staying in due to being in decent form and winning us a couple with his goals. I couldnt say hes lost us this one today because I honestly think city would've beaten us anyway but hes certainly cost us and I reckon its time for the fullback we spent 5 million or whatever it was on in summer to get some games

its like when roeder was appointed, he was caretaker who did alright and then got promoted to the fulltime job off the back of it but he was never going to be a success longterm for us Raylor is the roeder (as a manager) of leftbacks

Edited by Semimental

Thanks for the goals Ryan but it's time to put a proper left back in the team

Actually - Santon is not even a proper left back is he? From what I know, he's a RB that can play on the left if needed.

We have good options in him and Ferguson but them being more natural full-backs doesn't mean they should automatically get a start the moment Ryan Taylor has a truly bad game.

Edited by Tecato

poor game today from r taylor but i'm not sure throwing in santon for his full premiership debut at old trafford is the right move.

we all know taylor isn't the long term solution at left back but you have to give him credit for his performances this season. we've always known he's the best taker of set pieces at the club, and one of the best in the premiership at hitting a dead ball. but now he's also demonstrated that with good coaching, he can hold his position and contribute to a solid defensive display. he's done enough to earn a new contract and i think we'll all be more confident in hm being given a go in his more natural positions of right midfield and right back in the future.

santon isn't a natural left footer either so it will be interesting to see if he makes the position his own either or whether he goes on to play more frequently at rigjht back. i'd still like to see us sign a natural left-footed left back to replace enrique in the long term. i'd give taylor another chance so his head doesn't go down and if he performs poorly again, give santon a go at home to chelsea.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Lets's not forget about Jonas either, Taylor doesnt even play at LB alone, Jonas' main role seems to be ensuring his full back doesn't get embarrassed too often. Our formation should read 4.5 - 3.5 - 2

Taylor's been exposed time and time again this season by some of the better sides, was only a matter of time before this happened, he just isnt good enough. I like the lad, seems to try hard enough,wish he could do well but he just doesnt have the ability. Either give Santon a chance at LB, or find a bloody new full back in January. Not going to fun seeing him against Nani/Young etc next game either.

Santon is more of a right back than a left back, until he learns English and gets to grips with the physical side of the English game that is.

I'm not a huge Raylor fan but he's had some cracking games this season. He's done much more than just score a few goals as some would like you to believe. Today he came up against arguably the best right back in what is almost certainly the best team in the league and he had a rough time. No shame in that, better players will do similar.

We need a proper left back, hopefully we'll find one in January, but I'm not calling for the removal of Raylor on the back of this result especially as I think Santon is much better suited to the right.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Santon is more of a right back than a left back, until he learns English and gets to grips with the physical side of the English game that is.

I'm not a huge Raylor fan but he's had some cracking games this season. He's done much more than just score a few goals as some would like you to believe. Today he came up against arguably the best right back in what is almost certainly the best team in the league and he had a rough time. No shame in that, better players will do similar.

We need a proper left back, hopefully we'll find one in January, but I'm not calling for the removal of Raylor on the back of this result especially as I think Santon is much better suited to the right.

He was bought as a replacement for Enrique so he is obviously fancied as a left back

He was bought as a replacement for Enrique so he is obviously fancied as a left back

Much more strong at right back from what I've seen. Played at LB against Blackburn in the cup and had a pretty average game.

It was only a matter of time before Taylor had a game like he did today. There's no disgrace in it, as we bought him as a backup utility player from Wigan.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that he has had an excellent season, especially by his standards, and has been an integral part of the meanest defence in the league.

We all know he's not the long-term solution, but I'm not going to slate him, especially after his efforts for us so far this season.

Spot on.

I think it's interesting to note that Santon was on the Italian under 21 squad for their last two games but was an unused substitute in both of them. I wonder why.

Interesting to note that Pardoo brought on full-back Perch rather than Santon against Man.City. I wonder why.

IMO Raylor was crap against Man.City and it's not the first crap game he's had.

If you spend 5 million for a full-back you should be playing him to see if you got value for your money even if it's in the reserves.

I think it's interesting to note that Santon was on the Italian under 21 squad for their last two games but was an unused substitute in both of them. I wonder why.

Interesting to note that Pardoo brought on full-back Perch rather than Santon against Man.City. I wonder why.

IMO Raylor was crap against Man.City and it's not the first crap game he's had.

If you spend 5 million for a full-back you should be playing him to see if you got value for your money even if it's in the reserves.

Agreed.