Santon > Raylor

Kid Dynamite

Apparently Santon pulled up today training for Italy U21's.

So that's Santon, Debuchy, Haidara all injured in a few days, luckily during an International break

Otherwise Jonas at left back, Simpson right back? Recall Ferguson/Dummett?

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Santon pulled up today training for Italy U21's.

So that's Santon, Debuchy, Haidara all injured in a few days, luckily during an International break

Otherwise Jonas at left back, Simpson right back? Recall Ferguson/Dummett?

Debuchy set to be back at the City game. No worries. There's nothing on that Santon injury though, where's the source?

what kind of training are our players doing that so many have come up with hamstring injuries?

It's a pretty common injury to be fair. Don't think it's any more of a regular occurrence at NUFC than it is at any other top level club. Ben Arfa, Debuchy and Santon are all very mobiie, pacey players, thus perhaps more likely to get hamstring injuries than other players.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

It's a pretty common injury to be fair. Don't think it's any more of a regular occurrence at NUFC than it is at any other top level club. Ben Arfa, Debuchy and Santon are all very mobiie, pacey players, thus perhaps more likely to get hamstring injuries than other players.

fair enough, just seems odd that whenever we've had someone come up lame its more often than not been a hamstring, maybe more flexibility training should be prescribed

The international break has come at the right time for us. Wouldnt be a least bit surprised though if a couple of those on international duty picked up knocks, the way things have gone over the last week or so. :unsure2:

I think we do have a history of hamstring problems and I know one good player mentioned it a few years ago as being during the winter months as its so cold in Newcastle and the training surfaces are far too firm when frosted.

I don't think its the training pitch so much as the weather, if it's anything at all. Seems credible though.

Straight outta seaham a crazy mutherfucker named essemb, from a gang called mackems with attitudes

Thats not the turn I saw this taking

• 4 months later...

Mourinho told FCInterNews.it: “Whenever I find someone who has everything to become a top player and stay in the first team I’ve never held back in giving them a chance.
“I’m talking about Davide Santon who is now at Newcastle.
“Santon has suffered two great [knee injury] misfortunes.
“However, at 17-years-old everybody was saying that he would become for Inter what Paolo Maldini was for AC Milan.”
And Mourinho hinted that he had been frustrated in his attempts to bring young players through during his time at Inter.
He added: “Maybe in Italy they don’t know what is best."

:) Great confidence booster for the lad.

Stlll think we've got a real top future player on our hands. Remember he's only 22.

Got flaws and wasn't at his best at times throughout last season, but that goes for all of them. To be honest Santon - Colo - MYM - Debuchy is a top level back 4 on paper (probably the most solid looking group in recent memory), all of them need to up their game next season.

Stlll think we've got a real top future player on our hands. Remember he's only 22.

Got flaws and wasn't at his best at times throughout last season, but that goes for all of them. To be honest Santon - Colo - MYM - Debuchy is a top level back 4 on paper (probably the most solid looking group in recent memory), all of them need to up their game next season.

It's not just about them upping their game though. It's about our team defending from the front and pressing more. The reason we look so bad at the back is under Pardew we sit so deep and just hit it long and invite pressure on our defence straight away.