Pardew - two players max to come in during the January window

Monroe Transfer

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/11/20/alan-pardew-in-warning-to-top-four-suitors-79310-29806164/

Pardew also told the Sunday Sun there will only be TWO players coming in during January.

A deal for Sochaux’s Modibo Maiga has already been wrapped up while a defender may also follow him into the club.

“We’ve looked at the African Nations Cup and we’ve looked at the next window,” added the Toon boss

“I think the maximum we would do is two players in.

“That would be our maximum. Then if anyone left, it would be a third.”

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Believe it when I see it but really 2 in would be all we'd need at this point IMO

Assuming ones a striker like this maiga then hopefully a defender like Liam ridgewell who'd play at lb and can cover cb would see me fairly happy

Not according to Douglas (again), Brock.

Mobido Maiga will join in January but the Sunday Sun can reveal that Liam Ridgewell has been wiped off United’s January hitlist, however.

The versatile Birmingham City defender was a favoured target of Alan Pardew and the club considered bringing him in during the summer window but other targets have moved ahead of him.

United want value in the market – and believe their strong start has vindicated their policy of bringing in under-25s with huge sell-on value.

Sun mind.

He wouldn't command a large fee - maybe it's Hughton not particularly wanting to do business with FMA?

Good player for a team like us tbh, still got a few years left in him as he's still in his twenties.

Agreed. He'd be spot on as cover although I'd still want a Pieters-like player to come in at LB.

"agents wanted money"

"deadlines tight"

"held to ransom over fees, carroll money known/tiote if he goes"

"just couldn't get over the line"

"scouts working hard"

"good squad, young players coming through"

"Sammy signed a new contract"

It's transfer day disappointment bingo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXs88pFE8Rc&feature=related

More likely it'll be one and we'll be told we're lucky that deal got "over the line."

For all that Pardew has done a good job on the pitch, he has no say off it and his comments should be judged accordingly. He mouths the empty bullshit that Dekka cooks up and that's all he knows.

Bleh, his comments seem to be inviting bids for the cash rich clubs to come in and get the likes of Tiote and Coloccini. Pointless talking about this now, but it also goes to show Carroll was sold as part of our new transfer 'policy' and not because he wanted to go.

Bleh, his comments seem to be inviting bids for the cash rich clubs to come in and get the likes of Tiote and Coloccini. Pointless talking about this now, but it also goes to show Carroll was sold as part of our new transfer 'policy' and not because he wanted to go.

Didn't have to. Deal suited both parties just fine iyam.

Didn't have to. Deal suited both parties just fine iyam.

Thats the reason the club gave us though, Pards' statement shows it was the money though. We all agreed the money was too good to turn down, just doesnt make for a good outlook though when you are selling your best players. If Tiote went for 30M I'd still be pretty pissed because we are not going to get as lucky every time with our replacements.

Edited by aimaad22

I doubt anything Pardew has to say on the matter in the press makes the slightest bit of difference one way or another.

His comments could conceivably be directed at fringe players who want to leave, for instance Harper and Lovenkrands. I think in reality everyone is up for sale to the "big clubs" these days at the right place and it's not just us. If someone comes in for Tiote in January for megabucks I reckon he'd be gone (tbf he'd probably want to go too), the question is then who we could get in his place.

Well, by attaching "for sale" tags to everyone of value? Someone reckons Tiote is our golden calf and tries to flog him by means of quite obvious reverse psychology..

Last years window it was carroll, now Tiote is being groomed..

Edited by Saltwater