Paul "c**tface" Merson

ToonArmyMIA

Every true Citeh fan will be enjoying the ride but knowing full well it's really got nothing to do with football any more. It's no achievement to be where they are.

So this must apply to every successful club? Name me one that has splashed cash and not had a good time because of it? Newcastle had it, to an extent, in the Keegan era.

With the money that you have spent/are spending, success is an inevitability. It's not having a go, it's buying success.

Every true Citeh fan will be enjoying the ride but knowing full well it's really got nothing to do with football any more. It's no achievement to be where they are.

So this must apply to every successful club? Name me one that has splashed cash and not had a good time because of it? Newcastle had it, to an extent, in the Keegan era.

With the money that you have spent/are spending, success is an inevitability. It's not having a go, it's buying success.

Our money was made the proper way too, by the fans, not through external investment. SJH and FFS got a lot more out of NUFC than they put in.

Our money was made the proper way too, by the fans, not through external investment. SJH and FFS got a lot more out of NUFC than they put in.

But that is what i am trying to point out McFaul, nobody cares if you earn it, if you spend money you get accused of trying to buy the title.

By the way, since this is a Merson thread, i'd just like to add what a fat fucker this guy is, doesn't even know fuck all about football. His greatest quote for me came this season. "I said Sergio Aguero is no Carlos Tevez and I stand by that."

Keep smoking that crack pipe!

Edited by Ricster

TBH if the oil barons had actually bought us instead of Citeh and we were riding the wave they are at the moment we'd be absolutely loving it. And we wouldn't give a fuck where the money came from either!

Of course we'd enjoy it and Citeh fans would think we were cunts.

If it's 'just how things are' though, then why is everyone so pissed off about renaming the stadium?

Because it's very unlikely we are getting any cash for that.

Of course we'd enjoy it and Citeh fans would think we were cunts.

If it's 'just how things are' though, then why is everyone so pissed off about renaming the stadium?

Because it's very unlikely we are getting any cash for that.

That's the only reason?!

ManC have sold their souls and they know it but I doubt more than a handful of supporters really care. The one thing we CAN say at the moment is that we're where we are via good old fashioned team spirit and scouting. That's all the point I was trying to make. The dimwits in the papers could at least acknowledge that much.

All of a sudden, I prefer Man United to Man City, at least they earn the money they spend. Oh and the way Man City fans are now lauded as excellent when before the money (and at times last season) it was empty seats everywhere is a disgrace.

all that money makes no differenceto city there still greedy cunterheads to me and boring to. like to see united win it this season again cause man city would kick up a stink if they won it.

All of a sudden, I prefer Man United to Man City, at least they earn the money they spend. Oh and the way Man City fans are now lauded as excellent when before the money (and at times last season) it was empty seats everywhere is a disgrace.

Always been the case for me anyways, I prefer Man Utd to Liverpool because I dislike Scousers and their victim complex, don't like Arsenal because most of their fans that I've met are divine righters, don't like Chelski because they've bought success and were no better than us before being bailed out by the Russian, don't like City because they're pretty similar to Chelsea's situation but without the winning togetherness or likeable former manager (Jose, not Risk Astley with a beard). In fact I'm pretty partizan when it comes to supporting the Toon in general, there's not many other teams I do like tbh.

merson once said city were a boring club hes right they fucking are. despite our loss its not the end of the world i knew it wasnt gonna be easy

They've never been as boring as Everton or Aston Villa. I can't think of one interesting thing about either of those clubs or their supports.

I'm surprised anyone asks Merson for his opinion in the first place. He comes across as a very stupid man who knows surprisingly little about football given he played the game at the highest levels.

Edited by Kitman

I'm surprised anyone asks Merson for his opinion in the first place. He comes across as a very stupid man who knows surprisingly little about football given he played the game at the highest levels.

That applies to most ex-player pundits tbf :glare: