Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without a doubt the best bit of business ever done by the club.

Certainly looking that way. Especially if you say we've replaced him with Ba, a free transfer. Mind you would have been nice to see the money spent on the squad.

Regarding the OP, this woulld have done :poo:

huh?

:rolleyes:

Carroll's career in so far in Liverpool = :poo:

:bunny:

ah, well it was just a quick thread name I threw together as an excuse to post the brilliant GIF.

Sorry if im wasting bandwidth here tecato.

To be fair, they're just not using him in a way that would get he best out of him. He's best when he's the focus, when there's a lot of balls going into the box, when the team plays a direct style. Liverpool want to pass it around to feet, which is all well and good, but the Gypsy Giant isn't going to be particularly potent.

I can see him spending a season more at Liverpool before moving onto Villa or Everton or the like for circa £10m

I still think he is a better player than Demba Ba in a fantasy scenario where he didnt leave, still had the #9 shirt and had cabaye and ben arfa around him..

I suppose it depends what way you want to play. He'd be perfect for Stoke

I dunno, I think he could have added another dimension for us... Carroll in form is quite pacey, has a lovely first touch and shoots like a donkey. Aerial ability need not be discussed. Unfortunately for big andy, the liverpool move was the worst thing that could have happened to him. He needs games, atm he is rotting at the bench and with the january window coming up, I can only see him getting further and further from a starting position....

Cant help but feel sorry for the lad, as he was pushed out against his will. 35 mill was a lovely price but we wont see anything of it. I support the sale due to the fees involved but its a shame it wont get re-invested...

I dunno, I think he could have added another dimension for us... Carroll in form is quite pacey, has a lovely first touch and shoots like a donkey. Aerial ability need not be discussed. Unfortunately for big andy, the liverpool move was the worst thing that could have happened to him. He needs games, atm he is rotting at the bench and with the january window coming up, I can only see him getting further and further from a starting position....

Cant help but feel sorry for the lad, as he was pushed out against his will. 35 mill was a lovely price but we wont see anything of it. I support the sale due to the fees involved but its a shame it wont get re-invested...

I think with the rest of our current squad Ba is considerably more suited to the teams style than a straight swap for carroll would be, those two together (with carroll in the form he showed for us last season) would be a mouthwatering prospect thought I reckon

maybe, maybe not. But at the same time I feel that alot of "stereotyping" and " bad match-ups" are a bit of a wooly expression nowadays. Quality is quality, in whichever form it comes. Same has been said of Aguero and Silva in terms of adapting to a "rougher, pacier league".

I think big andy in form would have contributed to most teams...

maybe, maybe not. But at the same time I feel that alot of "stereotyping" and " bad match-ups" are a bit of a wooly expression nowadays. Quality is quality, in whichever form it comes. Same has been said of Aguero and Silva in terms of adapting to a "rougher, pacier league".

thats a load of bollocks though, a big lone target man (carroll is not as pacy nor as good a finisher as Ba imo) wouldnt work in our current setup, we don't play like we did with everything going through barton to carroll anymore, its a lot more on the ground and team play oriented

Ba wins his fair share in the air, though not as much as carroll would, but hes a better all rounder which is what we need from our main striker

the quality is quality argument is whats kept people sticking gerrard and lampard together in englands midfield despite the fact its unbalanced and obviously never worked for the team, players to suit the system is whats needed nowadays, not ram a bunch in and see if a system works itself out, the reason Aguero and Silva work is because A) they play in the right way to work in man citys team and B ) theyre both absolutely world class footballers who can do stuff even other good pros cant with ease

thats a load of bollocks though, a big lone target man (carroll is not as pacy nor as good a finisher as Ba imo) wouldnt work in our current setup, we don't play like we did with everything going through barton to carroll anymore, its a lot more on the ground and team play oriented

Ba wins his fair share in the air, though not as much as carroll would, but hes a better all rounder which is what we need from our main striker

the quality is quality argument is whats kept people sticking gerrard and lampard together in englands midfield despite the fact its unbalanced and obviously never worked for the team, players to suit the system is whats needed nowadays, not ram a bunch in and see if a system works itself out, the reason Aguero and Silva work is because A) they play in the right way to work in man citys team and B ) theyre both absolutely world class footballers who can do stuff even other good pros cant with ease

The fault in your logic is that you refer to carroll as a finished article. He smashed in 12 goals by december at the age of 20, who`s to say he wouldnt be able to adapt or evolve into a better player if we kept fielding him? Ba, by comparison, is 27 and might well have peaked already...time will tell... my point is that there is no knowing how good andy would have become if he stayed here....

Edited by Saltwater