Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Ba - dodgy knees, needy national team, questionable loyalty, severe loss of form...

Yes because Carroll's loyalty really stands up to the test, and he's never had a severe lack of form.

Also when have Ba's knees ever been a problem for us?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point with 4-3-3 was that it suited our passing game. Cabaye became more involved in a more advanced position, Ben Arfa flourished and it seemed to work well with Jonas as a box to box midfielder and Tiote as the tough tackler sitting in behind. When we play 4-4-2 there seems to be a tendency for Cabaye to sit deeper, Ben Arfa and Jonas to be more limited and as a result Krul just hoofs it up to Cisse/Ba. They normally don't win half the balls either, perhaps becuase Krul's kicking isn't his best attribute.

We played 433 earlier in the season and looked hopeless. We tried it again with Cisse and Ben Arfa in the team and never looked back. I don't see any reason why Pardew would be looking to change the formation that had this team playing the best football we have seen in the decade. Not sure why you are pulling at that thread Chez?

West Ham just doesn't seem viable, none of Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd or City would want him, Tottenham - unlikely, which would leave Sunderland - nee chance, Everton - couldn't afford him and he wouldn't go there anyway, Villa - nar, or us.

Stoke on loan? He's tailor-made for them.

Also, I don't doubt Stevie's been told what he's been told, I just can't see the deal happening, seem more heart than head kind of story.

Edited by The Fish

Man, so many rumors, I wish this would just get resolved. I obviously want him back badly, but I wouldn't want him on loan unless there was a buyout clause. Don't feel like showing his amazing talent on the big stage to only have him swooped back.

He doesn't belong in Liverpool, that much anyone can see.

Man, so many rumors, I wish this would just get resolved. I obviously want him back badly, but I wouldn't want him on loan unless there was a buyout clause. Don't feel like showing his amazing talent on the big stage to only have him swooped back.

He doesn't belong in Liverpool, that much anyone can see.

That much is true.

spandauorange.jpg

So true.......

Funny how it seems.....

Always in time, but never in line for dreams

Head over heels, when toe to toe,

This is the sound of my soul. (This is the sound)

I bought a ticket to the world,

But now I've come back again.

Why do I find it hard to write the next line?

When I want the truth to be said

Fuck off ya' tit, I was agreeing with another poster. I don't have to explain anything to you, knobhead.

Here to help :good:

My last comment wasn't meant for you, sorry if you took it so.

I didn't take it that way bud, I just proof read your post and edited a little.

I'm at work, there's fuck all happening. got to find my entertainment somewhere.

It's either this or having a 20 minute shit.

I'm at work, there's fuck all happening. got to find my entertainment somewhere.

A 20 minute shit is impressive, you could read The Daily Star 4 times or The Sun 3 times in that time, or

actually read the articles from Nuts instead of just looking at the pictures.

Guest CabayeAye

20 minute shitting at work is a sport of champions.

4-3-3 was first introduced West Brom (a) and we used it against Liverpool (h), Swansea (a), Bolton (h) and Stoke (h) before reverting to long ball 4-4-2 in the first half of the Wigan howking. 4-4-2 was used effectively against Chelsea and then employed again vs. Citeh. Can't remember much of the Everton game.

Sure they were all 4-3-3? Not 4-2-3-1 in some?

The point being for me is that we pissed the west brom and Liverpool games as they were both off colour performances fr the opposition. Swansea was more 4-5-1 and Bolton and Stoke at home are exactly the sorts of games where you can deploy a more expansive formation. We looked lush playing it against west brom but that does not mean its going to work all season.

With the player we've got then I hope we do try to put an attacking 3 out but I also want us to develop other formations. Our best performances for me were the Man U home and Chelse away games. Which were 4-4-2 weren't they?

Bottom line is that it's not clear cut that 4-3-3 is the best or all occassions but am just being obvious now.

Sure they were all 4-3-3? Not 4-2-3-1 in some?

The point being for me is that we pissed the west brom and Liverpool games as they were both off colour performances fr the opposition. Swansea was more 4-5-1 and Bolton and Stoke at home are exactly the sorts of games where you can deploy a more expansive formation. We looked lush playing it against west brom but that does not mean its going to work all season.

With the player we've got then I hope we do try to put an attacking 3 out but I also want us to develop other formations. Our best performances for me were the Man U home and Chelse away games. Which were 4-4-2 weren't they?

Bottom line is that it's not clear cut that 4-3-3 is the best or all occassions but am just being obvious now.

That's key for me, and one of the reasons Pardew went up in my estimations. It's all well and good having a working Plan A, but his strengths did seem to come from trying new formations, or tweaking roles depending on the opposition. There were games where Cabaye was operating a lot deeper and I can't imagine that was ill-discipline from him.

I'd prefer to see us pick up a highly rated Luuk de Jong for a reasonable price, than pay £15m for a player we know all about who's already fallen out with S.Taylor and doesn't seem to have the same attitude off the pitch that we look for.

plus, I'm not sure I can forgive him for diving against us.

That's key for me, and one of the reasons Pardew went up in my estimations. It's all well and good having a working Plan A, but his strengths did seem to come from trying new formations, or tweaking roles depending on the opposition. There were games where Cabaye was operating a lot deeper and I can't imagine that was ill-discipline from him.

I'd prefer to see us pick up a highly rated Luuk de Jong for a reasonable price, than pay £15m for a player we know all about who's already fallen out with S.Taylor and doesn't seem to have the same attitude off the pitch that we look for.

plus, I'm not sure I can forgive him for diving against us.

We had a plan B iirc. We played 451 against Swansea and got the 3 points for example

We had a plan B iirc. We played 451 against Swansea and got the 3 points for example

... that's what I just said. You're getting predictable old boy.

Sorry, I was supposed to quote the post before you

Were you?

seems odd to mention "Plan B", when Chez doesn't mention plans and I do... Also, Chez also states we've more than one strategy.