Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Constructive and worthwhile, not at all an attempt at either derailing a thread or baiting another poster. The original 'discussion' wasn't anything to do with you so stop trying to cause trouble, pipe down, wind your neck in and fuck off you odious little turd.

Couldn't sleep? :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprise surprise, various articles this morning saying Ashley wants Liverpool to pay a large slice of Carroll's wages should he come next season on loan....all this is looking unlikely to be honest purely on that basis. A one sason loan provides little risk though, and if Ashley coughs up more dough a deal may yet be done. Can't see him joining on a long term basis though, unless Cabaye or Cisse are sold for a fee in the gazillion dollars bracket.

I just think this may be ashley & co flying a kite in the hope of a bargain. That Swansea kid was sharp forgotten about when they realised there wasn't a £1M get out clause the other year.

I just think this may be ashley & co flying a kite in the hope of a bargain. That Swansea kid was sharp forgotten about when they realised there wasn't a £1M get out clause the other year.

Nowt wrong with that. Seems basically they offered the Anita money. As Chez says, he's now losing them money, is on good wages and a long term contract and time is on his side.

According to Lee Ryders sources, AC is very pissed off and can basically tell Liverpool its the Toon or I'll just sit tight and pick up my 5 mill a year.

I think this has a good chance of coming off.

Edited by Christmas Tree

It's a curious move. I suppose AC offers us something different to Ba & Cisse and you can never have too many good strikers. However I'd have thought he'd have to accept sitting on the bench quite a bit until the ACN. I wonder if this is a bid they know has no chance of coming off....but the question would be why bother? To mollify the fans....to unsettle LFC.....to spook Twente or De Jong???? Or maybe it means one out of AC, Ba and Cisse would be up for sale in Jan for a fat profit?

Who the fuck knows, not me as you can tell.

I'd be very surprised if LFC sell to us by the way. Out of pride if nothing else.

They sold Robbie Keane back to Spurs after a few months for a heavy loss, not as heavy as they will take on Carroll though.

If they want to buy a new forward (Walcott?) they would likely use the cash from AC so I can see them wanting a sale and up front cash would help them in any negotiations. A cash up front deal from us makes perfect sense.

Even if they lose on the deal they an blame KD. They also need AC off their books for wages and the money to buy with.

I can really see this happening like, especially of AC wants to move here.

That's the key though. We don't play to his stengths any more, just as Liverpool never did.

He's an awfully expensive Plan B. Thankfully we're much better off now that when we had him.

you can't have enough good players, what a load of rubbish. Would you rather have Carroll, Ameobi, Lovenkrands or Best ?

I wonder how many other fools are taking the same line as you ie "better than when we had him". It's irrelevant, the point is that any good player adds to the team and he would get lots of games, no doubt at all.

Armchair Pundit is an utter ringpiece, he thinks certain posters (mentioning no names or without using heavily weighted suggestions, like those taking their username from one of the ends of the ground that isn't the gallowgate, for example) are 'right on' with their hilariously outdated political views ffs. The prosecution rests.

sadly for you , Armchair Pundit is one of the best football posters on here who has also clearly seen more of the real world than an overgrown student barely out of college, sitting in an ivory tower who thinks we can negotiate political issues with people who are little more than cavemen who hack peoples heads off for nothing, and blowing up innocent people in shopping centres, planes and buses, telling them they are naughty little boys and smacking their wrists to teach them a lesson. The prosecution rests.

Edited by LeazesMag

Reading around a few different forums this morning its strange seeing the divide its caused, there are people who were vocal about him being sold who said they wouldn't sell him for any amount yet now they wouldn't have him back under any circumstances :lol:

Personally I think he's a good player that has the potential to he very good, he was never worth anywhere near £35 million at the time but if we bought him back for up to £14 million or so I wouldn't have a problem, I would pay that for Sturridge or Welbeck and I'd put him in the sake bracket as them.

Going back to what Llambias said about Pardew wanting a smaller squad with more quality, we could potentially get rid of Best, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Xisco and still improve the squad by only signing Carroll as their replacement.

Edited by Baggio

sadly for you , Armchair Pundit is one of the best football posters on here who has also clearly seen more of the real world than an overgrown student barely out of college, sitting in an ivory tower who thinks we can negotiate political issues with people who are little more than cavemen who hack peoples heads off for nothing, and blowing up innocent people in shopping centres, planes and buses, telling them they are naughty little boys and smacking their wrists to teach them a lesson. The prosecution rests.

:lol: :lol: Can you imagine if this is how your mind worked? Christ. :lol:

Is this a parody account :lol:

Reading around a few different forums this morning its strange seeing the divide its caused, there are people who were vocal about him being sold who said they wouldn't sell him for any amount yet now they wouldn't have him back under any circumstances :lol:

Personally I think he's a good player that has the potential to he very good, he was never worth anywhere near £35 million at the time but if we bought him back for up to £14 million or so I wouldn't have a problem, I would pay that for Sturridge or Welbeck and I'd put him in the sake bracket as them.

Going back to what Llambias said about Pardew wanting a smaller squad with more quality, we could potentially get rid of Best, Lovenkrands, Ranger and Xisco and still improve the squad by only signing Carroll as their replacement.

About where i am as i don't think he was £35m player but i also think he's way better than he showed for most of the season at Liverpool. Also whilst he offers the option of long balls played up to him its a myth that once you sign him you have to play that way as i think he's accomplished with the ball at his feet and quite an intelligent player on the whole for use of the ball. We need another quality striker even if Ba stays, because 1 or more of them will get injured, suspended, lose form or be away for the african cup of nations and we will potentially be playing alot more games this season.

About where i am as i don't think he was £35m player but i also think he's way better than he showed for most of the season at Liverpool. Also whilst he offers the option of long balls played up to him its a myth that once you sign him you have to play that way as i think he's accomplished with the ball at his feet and quite an intelligent player on the whole for use of the ball. We need another quality striker even if Ba stays, because 1 or more of them will get injured, suspended, lose form or be away for the african cup of nations and we will potentially be playing alot more games this season.

Carroll's definitely a quality striker. Hopefully we'll have someone who can cross the ball if he signs....

carroll and cisse would work well together up front in a 4-4-2 but we've not really got the wingers anymore to play to the big man's strengths.

he was class for us feeding off those early balls barton used to ping in from out wide. ben arfa is more likely to go on a mazy run and slip a ball through on the ground than look to get the ball in the mixer early for the big fella.

not saying he isn't still a good player, or that he wouldn't be a useful player to have back in the squad but when he was here last time, he was the focal point of the whole team and the way we played was set up to get the best out of him. he might struggle for goals if he came back the same way he has at liverpool unless we changed the way we play again. and our new style of play and new players acquired since he left have proved more effective.

It was more diagonal balls to the back post iirc. Also, it's a fallacy that he only scores off long balls. He was good on the floor and could often beat a man and ping one in from the edge of the box

i agree there's more to his game than that. he has got a good touch and canny shot on him from outside the box. but you've got to play to his strengths. he feeds off good deliveries from wide or deep areas - a lot of the assists for his goals were set pieces or when the ball was whipped in by barton.

look at that goal against sweden from gerrard's ball - he's unplayable when he gets that kind of service but i'm not sure we've got that kind of player in the side anymore, or that we should revert to that kind of game after the style of play we adopted last season saw us finishing 5th.

Edited by Dr Gloom