Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if this will go through. Apparently he's on 80k a week.

Thats the figure most quoted so it may well be around that mark. If he comes next season I dare say Smith's wagesw for next season will cover most of it. Then you're fucked mind. He'll want four or five years at 3-4 million a year :lol: That means finding the transfer fee (15 mill? will one years tv money cover that?) and selling one of Tiote, Cabaye or Cisse to cover his wages.

Put like that I think they should try to sign the best young striker in France for 5mill and pay him 30k a week. As per "the model" #olympiquelyonnais ;)

Put like that I think they should try to sign the best young striker in France for 5mill and pay him 30k a week. As per "the model" #olympiquelyonnais ;)

Here's a sneak preview of our new French target

image.jpg

The thing with a lot of Barton's assists is that they were not so much great balls but more Carroll made the most of them with his ability, like Arsenal away for example. I think Barton only managed 2 assists after Carroll left too so he was hardly spectacular at dead balls, no better than Cabaye anyway.

Also to.add what Alex said about the wide men, we have to remember that we are likely to have 2 new fullbacks to what Carroll played with before when he was here and going off the Euro's Debuchy looks to have a lot more going forward than Simpson.

Very good point. You'll see how we've struggled with set pieces last season towards the back end but that was mainly because we had much less of a threat. Cisse scored a couple of cracking headers from great deliveries, but he's not a big target man. Ba isn't a target man to lump the ball in for either, though he was much more of a threat in the air in the first half of the season.

Carroll is able to turn an average ball into an assist. And noone can tell me Ben Arfa or Cabaye aren't capable of whipping in a good ball from a deep position for Carroll if they need to. Think Cisse goal vs. Liverpool. A brilliant deep(ish) delivery from Ben Arfa and 1-0.

Not sure what the club are up to.....financially its against evrything theyve been preaching and leading us to beleive in the last couple of years....I dont think it represents particularly good value for money, which is what we're supposed to be about.

Edited by PaddockLad

I wouldn't go over 20s, but Carroll is not the only player going for silly money. Jolien Lescott cost £24m, and we're looking like signing the England NUMBER 9 for less than 16m, it's a good price in the market. It was probably given the inflated prices, his market value 18 months ago anyway, we'll just make £20m profit on him.

Paddocklad has to put a negative spin on everything.

We seem to have been 'close' to signing lots of players, Douglas, De Jong, Hoillett, Debuchy, Carroll. . .

Yup, and luckily only the de Jong deal can be written off.

Even if none of the aforementioned come in (you'd expect at least Debuchy will), they're of the calibre and type of player I'd like us to go after. Good players, good ages, good markets (maybe not Carroll) and none of them are superstars who'll cost stupid money and want stupid wages.

Ok..what is the bigger gamble....unknown but handy foreign lad scouted by Graham Carr @ 5mill x 30k/week for 4 years or Andy Carroll @ 15mill + 4mill a season for 4 years?...I dont know the right answer to be honest, but the Carroll deal is against everything we've been doing since relegation.

If we are going to cover his wages by selling another player then the other player's replacement is going to have to be just as good, and that is of course possible. I dont know, it does appeal to me, but we've just got rid of one malingering cunt who built a career and a fortune on a good 18month spell early in his career which he was never able to repeat, regardless of fitness. This isnt as fuckin bent as the Smith deal, that was so much a "jobs for the boys" effort by Allardyce it makes me sick, but it could well be as much of a financial millstone.

I don't actually see the point in the loans with a view to buy approach. If we want the player, buy him now, as his stock has never been lower. Don't get him in on loan and get him back on form, then start talking transfer fees.

@PL Based on the targets we've been looking at so far, the unknown 5m quid handy foreign lad doesn't exist, or at least isn't of sufficient quality for us to be interested.

Edited by Gemmill

Paddocklad has to put a negative spin on everything.

If that means I like to put some thought into things and can state my conclusions clearly so even the likes of you can understand them then yeah, thats negative.

wind your neck in, pipe down, odious little turd

It doesn't work when Stevie, who you're trying to imitate, does it and it won't work with me.

sadly for you , Armchair Pundit is one of the best football posters on here who has also clearly seen more of the real world than an overgrown student barely out of college, sitting in an ivory tower who thinks we can negotiate political issues with people who are little more than cavemen who hack peoples heads off for nothing, and blowing up innocent people in shopping centres, planes and buses, telling them they are naughty little boys and smacking their wrists to teach them a lesson. The prosecution rests.

It speaks volumes about you that you pick out a poster whose defining football characteristic (being an armchair pundit/OOT/who doesn't go to games) runs against everything YOU fall back on (been a season ticket holder since 1900) when it comes to debates as being 'one of the best football posters' because he buys into your nonsensical paranoid racist ramblings. What a joke. And we can't both be the prosecution, you utter cretin.

@PL Based on the targets we've been looking at so far, the unknown 5m quid handy foreign lad doesn't exist, or at least isn't of sufficient quality for us to be interested.

Yeah I agree, but that was just a for instance to illustrate the type of deal we've been doing and you're right we've moved up a level striker wise in all sorts of different ways with Cisse's signing. Ideally we need another Cisse type signing. Then if we can manage to hold on to all and add Debuchy and Douglas then I'd agree with the majority even I'd be feeling more optimistic than at virtually any other time in the last 30 years! :D

but I can't see it panning out like that....;)

The owner's shown the policy's flexible and he's willing to take the odd calculated risk. I.e. signing Cisse when we really needed a centre-back and we already had a forward banging the goals in. I suppose Carroll (at the right price / wages) would be a similar sort of thing with the risks (the fee, wages and his being a complete knacker) being offset by our having already made £35m on him.

Player power is key for this move ever to to be made. That much is certain. Andy Carroll will have to be pro-active in making it happen. If it were purely down to Liverpool & Newcastle to thrash out a deal between themselves, it wouldn't happen. We're the last club Liverpool would choose to sell Andy to as it would make them look more than a little silly. They would much rather ship him off to an Aston Villa or a West Ham or even an AC Milan (good luck with Mandy) just to save face if nothing else. Also from NUFC's point of view, there is no chance of us paying anything over £15million or the kind of money LFC would rather be scrambling for if they had it there own way. AC has to make his feelings known that he will only move from LFC, back home to us and nobody else, for this deal to be pulled off.

If that sounds unlikely, than I cant help but look at the Robbie Keane fiasco Liverpool went through not so long ago. They signed him from Spurs for £20million, he was considered a flop and loaned back to Spurs within 6 months, only to sign for them permanently another 6 months later for a lower fee. Keane forced that move through and the scousers played ball. History could well repeat itself on a slightly higher scale, so it isn't as unlikely as it may seem.

Whether Andy Carroll fitting in our current squad and playing style makes sense is another issue altogether & to be honest, is only worth going through if this transfer does indeed move forward and look apparent. Where this also leave's Demba Ba is another story. The July 31st deadline in his release clause continue's to tick down & I have no doubts a story or two will come about for last season's top scorer until then.

What's clear in my eyes is that any kind of a deal for Carroll coming back would be a job well done for NUFC. He is a player that came through our youth system, was class in the first team & then sold for a ridiculous record fee. All of which was pure net profit. The net gain we made would reduce slightly with whatever fee we give back to the scousers, but to have the deal come full circle would be very sweet indeed.

We shall see.

Edited by NufcBano

The owner's shown the policy's flexible and he's willing to take the odd calculated risk. I.e. signing Cisse when we really needed a centre-back and we already had a forward banging the goals in. I suppose Carroll (at the right price / wages) would be a similar sort of thing with the risks (the fee, wages and his being a complete knacker) being offset by our having already made £35m on him.

We make a lot less on him if we sign him on a long term basis,possibly even as little as 5mill according to my "back of a fag packet" arithmatic ;) Next season am fine with, and if he scores 20 and we finish in the top 6 again then he'll be worth it I suppose. If he's shite he can go back to the scousers. What the effect his wages will have on the rest of the changing room is open to debate. For me though, theres something not quite right about this. Pardew said he wanted to leave,asked to leave even, so why does he want him back? Is he not bothered about Carroll pulling the same shit again a few weeks after he signs his next mammoth long term deal with us?...

We make a lot less on him if we sign him on a long term basis,possibly even as little as 5mill according to my "back of a fag packet" arithmatic ;) Next season am fine with, and if he scores 20 and we finish in the top 6 again then he'll be worth it I suppose. If he's shite he can go back to the scousers. What the effect his wages will have on the rest of the changing room is open to debate. For me though, theres something not quite right about this. Pardew said he wanted to leave,asked to leave even, so why does he want him back? Is he not bothered about Carroll pulling the same shit again a few weeks after he signs his next mammoth long term deal with us?...

Aye, there's a lot up in the air plus (as I mentioned) his 'character'. Tbh, I'm that fucking cynical about football I wouldn't be surprised if the whole deal hinges on where his agent sees himself making more money.

Edited by alex

The thing with a lot of Barton's assists is that they were not so much great balls but more Carroll made the most of them with his ability, like Arsenal away for example.

I think that's a bit harsh. I thought the Arsenal assist was a beauty. Floated it into an area making Fabianski come for it.

Barton's set-pieces did look poor without Carroll, however. Away to Liverpool when King Kenny had a man stand 10yards away from Barton on every corner, he was found out badly.