Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Ha ha. Reading it back I realised my mistake. I done a degree in English too...

Corrected.

Regarding homegrown players, I think we're more than covered with our current crop.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like everyone else in the equation for Andy were either wishing for a miracle or just using the press as a tool for another means. Unless he stays at Liverpool, it looks like he will be returning home. From what I have been reading, the fee they are asking for is not bad at all. That would still leave room for 20 million in profit and get an older more mature Andy back. I think he has learned some important lessons now and will want to prove to everyone that he is capable of being a great player.

I'd piss myself if we pulled this off. I mean fucking hell. Roll back 18 months and ask the question to Liverpool "can you lend us 35M please? That will allow us to add significantly better players to our squad to not only secure our status in the league but get us in to Europe.

We'll only pay you 15M back mind but you can lend AC for a season because of it?" :lol:

Nearly all clubs like a coach who just does coaching nowadays..Fergie is the last "top to bottom" manager left now, the rest are just some slightly unusual form of middle mangers who have to motivate millionaires on a daily basis. Good luck with that Brendan :lol:

I thought Fergie rarely does any of the coaching nowadays?

So we're going to be paying all of his £80k pw wages on loan and raise our offer to £17m.

Seems reasonably risk free as long as Liverpool agree to the year long loan.

If those figures are true- we are going away from the model that has brought so much success, for a 3rd choice striker on this squad.

Carroll isn't the same player without long balls from Barton and Nolan. Is he going to be able to link up with Hatem? Cabaye? Doubtful. We have better footballers on our team now- resorting to hoofing it seems illogical.

Now, Carroll would absolutely be a good squad player. But not at 80k, not even at 60k. Liverpool would never allow him to leave for less than 80% of the wages, and I'd imagine it's going to be 100%. He's not worth it.

For that $, we've seen we can get 2-3 really good players in. That's what this squad needs- not one signing that isn't going to improve the team all that much.

If those figures are true- we are going away from the model that has brought so much success, for a 3rd choice striker on this squad.

Carroll isn't the same player without long balls from Barton and Nolan. Is he going to be able to link up with Hatem? Cabaye? Doubtful. We have better footballers on our team now- resorting to hoofing it seems illogical.

Now, Carroll would absolutely be a good squad player. But not at 80k, not even at 60k. Liverpool would never allow him to leave for less than 80% of the wages, and I'd imagine it's going to be 100%. He's not worth it.

For that $, we've seen we can get 2-3 really good players in. That's what this squad needs- not one signing that isn't going to improve the team all that much.

I agree.

Hi, attention seeker here again. Just to let you know, hardly the most ground breaking piece of ITK anyone has ever known, but NUFC are a million miles from confident that a deal will be done.

The main thing is big Andy will be back whether now or in 2 - 3 years time when his contract is expiring. There's only one place he wants to play football. That being the case, sod paying 17million and 80k wages. Liverpool obviously don't want him, and if Andy plays hard ball, I reckon 13million should do.

I'd tell him him straight, doing him a favour bringing him back when we can get 3 squad players for what we are offering for him.

I thought Fergie rarely does any of the coaching nowadays?

thats what I mean...no one else gets complete final say on almost everything (within a given budget) at their club apart from Fergie. The rest of them are their to coach the players and thats it.

I doubt that we would pay Carroll more than the highest paid player we already have but with the likes of Smith Guthrie, Best, and Lovenkrands off the payroll we could bargain with Carroll for what he would be willing to acccept if he really wanted to come back.

As for transfer fee, that would have to be hard-ball negotiating by the powers that be, and how big a cringe-loss would Liverpool settle for.

thats what I mean...no one else gets complete final say on almost everything (within a given budget) at their club apart from Fergie. The rest of them are their to coach the players and thats it.

Wenger?

Guest CabayeAye

Didn't Carroll only score something like 3 goals from Barton assists, and Nolan only scored a couple from Carroll knockdowns?

To suggest that he wouldn't be the same without those two is utterly ridiculous. Cabaye and Ben Arfa are twice the players they were.

And I don't think Ba is better than Carroll either. Yes, he's a good player, but I don't think he has anywhere near the long term potential of Carroll. Although I disliked the 442 last season, if Carroll came back I'd be happy to see it return, as Ba and Cisse were wasted as target men. Even a 41212 might be an idea:

------------------Krul

Debuchy Saylor Colo Santon

----------------Tioté

-----Cabaye--------Jonas

---------------Ben Arfa

------------Carroll Cissé