Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Local journos now saying a deal is unlikely to be done.

Hi, attention seeker here again. Just to let you know, hardly the most ground breaking piece of ITK anyone has ever known, but NUFC are a million miles from confident that a deal will be done.

fuck it. Worst case scenario keep Ba, and find some 19 year old with unlimited potential.

By the way I can't see anybody meeting Liverpools asking price & I can't see Carroll wanting to go elsewhere as we're interested.

This can't really end well for Liverpool.

If those figures are true- we are going away from the model that has brought so much success, for a 3rd choice striker on this squad.

Carroll isn't the same player without long balls from Barton and Nolan. Is he going to be able to link up with Hatem? Cabaye? Doubtful. We have better footballers on our team now- resorting to hoofing it seems illogical.

Now, Carroll would absolutely be a good squad player. But not at 80k, not even at 60k. Liverpool would never allow him to leave for less than 80% of the wages, and I'd imagine it's going to be 100%. He's not worth it.

For that $, we've seen we can get 2-3 really good players in. That's what this squad needs- not one signing that isn't going to improve the team all that much.

Have faith. He will be coming back with some major things to prove and I think all the naysayers are underrating his other abilities. Sure, he couldn't be a great on the ball player like Liverpool wanted him to be, but we can work with him. Also, if we get him expect him to pretty much be with the club for a very long time if things pan out. As much as we can say we love Cisse/Ba who knows when they will leave. Also, if you guys are serious about taking this club to the next level, then you have to realize that today's game is Depth, Depth, and more Depth. We don't need to force Andy to play/start every game in the season. We need to work out a system first, then see how things go from there. Some games he may work better as a sub to start out, but his skills can wreck certain teams. We will be needing him in the Europa League. He is only 23 years old! This is going to be the best deal this club has ever done in its history, you just watch. It is time to start thinking about winning trophies, league, and branching outside of England. You need to spend some to win. I am not a guy that condones today's insane spending, but you have to do it at some point or else you will be destined to mid level table.

I don't want this club to be a mini arsenal. You have to pay your current players and pay up for at least one big transfer in the off season. The better the team gets, especially worldwide=more fans. This team has a lot of work to do for worldwide appeal, but once that revenue comes rolling in then you can expect expansion. People also have to realize that our owner isn't poor at all. Go look up his net worth. He may be the most important factor that gets this club forward. You have to take some losses to cash in on future success. There is no excuse not to spend on this deal considering the fact that this club will be coming out atop a minimum of 15 million most likely a lot more.

EDIT: Would like to add that he could still have success at Liverpool. If the manager had any faith in him(doesn't look like it) they could keep working with him and build. If I was him, I would have said he is absolutely not for sale and praised his late campaign success. I think he is going about this the wrong way and if he ends up staying it is really going to hurt his confidence. I don't know the guy personally, but if I was him I would have a huge chip on my shoulder and would want to show everyone that they are wrong and I am world class player.

Edited by RichardtheLionheart

You're gonna have to get a bigger trumpet soon :lol:

I should get a fuckin fog horn for the amount of times my one blemish Bainesgate, gets a mention. Five years after the event too.

Me FM playing days are over, the sad truth is since it became complicated about 8 years ago, I still never won a trophy for the toon.

Cherno Samba ended up better than Pele on a few of my games though, shame about the reality..... http://en.wikipedia....ki/Cherno_Samba

Aye, I remember going to see an England youth game at Stevenage years back now and being told that this lad was going to be the next big sensation in world football.

Aye, I remember going to see an England youth game at Stevenage years back now and being told that this lad was going to be the next big sensation in world football.

I mind when I was a kid, they used to show England U15s on once a year at Wembley normally against someone like Brazil. It was a big thing, 100,000 there often. Twice we played Brazil and Pele was quoted as saying "Rod Thomas" who's career highlight was playing for Carlisle, and Julian Joachim would rock world football.

By the way I can't see anybody meeting Liverpools asking price & I can't see Carroll wanting to go elsewhere as we're interested.

This can't really end well for Liverpool.

I agree with that. Interesting times.

For all that has occurred from our perspective on this - whether it is a good idea to bring him back, whether he will fit into the new team, how much money involved - one thing is constant: Brendan Rodgers is an idiot to not even give him the pre season to prove his worth. Whether he likes it or not, this is a lad who has been paid for by the club a HUGE amount of money in close proximity to him taking over. Surely, you would assume that he would at least give him a chance? For that reason alone, I would not be surprised if there is something messy in the Liverpool camp re: Carroll. Does he 'want to come home' like the Chronicle so affectionately describes like it's a disney movie scenario? Debatable. But to turn your nose up at a 35 million pound player before you've really had a chance to gauge what he is like is mental. Either Rodgers is an idiot, or Carroll isn't happy.

Agreed ADP, it is a daft move by Rodgers I get the bloke has 'his' system and he doesn't think Carroll would fit into it but to not even give the lad a chance is daft especially when he's a proven goalscorer in the Prem and Borini isn't. I'd personally love to see Carroll back as I think he's a good player and imo has less risk than a Luuk De Jong type signing (I know he's went to Monchengladbach) but not for the £20m fee that's being banded about. I agree with Tom's point that Liverpool are in a difficult position here as they've shown their hand really by publicly stating he can leave and with us announcing interest he'd probably be against leaving Liverpool for anyone besides us.

Agreed ADP, it is a daft move by Rodgers I get the bloke has 'his' system and he doesn't think Carroll would fit into it but to not even give the lad a chance is daft especially when he's a proven goalscorer in the Prem and Borini isn't. I'd personally love to see Carroll back as I think he's a good player and imo has less risk than a Luuk De Jong type signing (I know he's went to Monchengladbach) but not for the £20m fee that's being banded about. I agree with Tom's point that Liverpool are in a difficult position here as they've shown their hand really by publicly stating he can leave and with us announcing interest he'd probably be against leaving Liverpool for anyone besides us.

Yeah, I think Rodger's isn't the brightest tool in the tool shed. When you have West Ham thinking they have a chance you have really devalued your asset and shown your hand. Should have praised him and said that nothing is certain for anyone, but we aren't looking to move him. Someone would be bound to make an offer and you could have that leaked to the press. Teams may be these big organizations, but they feed off of each other. Rodger's really wants this guy out and obviously doesn't want to make any sort of system to fit his style of play. He wants to go for a completely modern game. He better hope that the young players have developed a ton and that Suarez is prepared to show his skill or he is going to be another has been. Andy was starting to develop fast and well towards the end of the campaign/euros and honestly, I think there was/is a chance he could play very well for Liverpool. I understand there is a huge risk in keeping him until the next transfer window in terms of his value, but I think it is a chance they should take.

Edited by RichardtheLionheart

I suspect he's been told that he needs to offload him tbh.

That makes sense, especially as he's on high wages. Either that or Carroll pissed in Rogers' trainers as a Wimbledon stylee welcome to the club and he didn't appreciate the gesture

I suspect he's been told that he needs to offload him tbh.

Which would make you wonder whether this the decision is based on football or whether his attitude is the problem.

Possibly attitude, possibly the fact that he's the physical embodiment of Liverpool's recent failures (in Dalglish's absence). If Pardew wants him back though, he obviously backs himself to handle the attitude which he already knows all about.

Edited by Gemmill

I doubt strongly if he'll be playing at Anfield next season like but unless its a years loan first he's a massive gamble for any club and I expect Rodgers wants cash in for him now so he can bring his own players in. Have West Ham got the cash? and are they willing to part with the 15-20mill for a player who may end up being a crippling financial millstone?....looking at the owners of WHU its "probably, to show the fans theyre BIG players" and "yes" to those questions. We're far more financially cannier than the dildo sellers, and Carroll actually wants to play for us, which is a big factor. But if Liverpool won't accept a loan deal first then I cant see a deal being done.