Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

I think he is a good man manager but that has undoubtedly been helped by us not signing players with shite attitudes on the whole. I know you could point to Ben Arfa as a possible in that regard but at least he's young with something to prove not some washed-up has-been on a final pay day. Carroll has a lot to prove too like.

Massively, and that's my worry if he comes back. People forget he caused us a lot of problems and we don't have time in a busy season to task one of our senior players to babysit him. Saying that though I can't remember seeing him in the headlines for the wrong reasons at Liverpool.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Nolan babysitting thing was overplayed imo. Carroll was living in a hotel so his bail conditions required a permanent address which is where Nolan came in. That and Nolan being a massive fanny rat / piss head didn't exactly make me think he was a good influence.

Asked about Newcastle’s interest in Carroll, Pardew told the Gazette: “It’s simple, really.

“Sometimes transfers are done at corporate level. I’m slightly detached from that. It’ll be what it’ll be.

“It’s been said that he’s available, and if we’re involved, then we’ll be involved because of the figures, not anything else, because we know he’s good enough.

“I’m slightly detached from it, to be honest.”

Carroll left the club in a controversial £35m move in January last year.

And Pardew admits the Gateshead-born player would again be a huge asset to Newcastle if the club could bring him back to the club.

“We’ve got a great team here, a great squad, and if Andy Carroll comes it’ll only add to us,” added Pardew.

“But that whole process is a little bit more involved with the chairman and the board at Liverpool.”

Rodgers selling him brings up further questions of his tactical nous tbh. If I came into that club, I'd be bending my back getting Andy Carroll to find his form because he's an absolute beast. The fact they want to sell indicates that Carroll's head is either completely fucked in the sense that he's desperate to leave or Rodgers won't change his sidewards passing, stat-wanking style despite having a very different type of asset at the club. He could want to raise his own money but you flog him for £15 million (and that's optimistic), what will that really get you unless you're willing to go about your business like us? Which, Liverpool (or maybe Comolli wasn't) quite clearly aren't.

So what if Liverpool fancy some sort of swap deal...Demba for Carroll?....Cabaye for Carroll?......Ben Arfa for Carroll? Cisse?.... any takers for that sort of action?...

theyd lose less face that way, but I certainly wouldnt want to lose any of them regardless of who was coming in.

Edited by PaddockLad

His quotes remind me of what Redknapp used to say when asked about transfers, the financial side and negotiations are dealt with at board level and he has nothing to do with it.

So what if Liverpool fancy some sort of swap deal...Demba for Carroll?....Cabaye for Carroll?......Ben Arfa for Carroll?Cisse>.... any takers for that sort of action?...

theyd lose less face that way, but I certainly wouldnt want to lose any of them regardless of who was coming in.

Fuck that

So what if Liverpool fancy some sort of swap deal...Demba for Carroll?....Cabaye for Carroll?......Ben Arfa for Carroll? Cisse?.... any takers for that sort of action?...

They can have Perchinho's autograph.

I hope Rodgers dies on his arse at Liverpool. Partly cos it would help us out and partly because he strikes me as a bloke with an ego on a par with Allardyce and Phil Brown, and I think he's a prick.

He will - they'll finish 8th again without winning a trophy this time.

£11m on Borini when Carroll is at the club? Very strange. It's not like he didn't have a big man up top for Swansea - he signed Danny Graham after all.

Rodgers was absolutely disastrous at Reading. His football really is nothing but sideways passes in your own half, horrible to watch.

It would be a sideways step if we hand over any of our best players in part exchange, Ba is slightly different with his buy out clause.

All both the club and Carroll have to do is stick to their guns and I don't see Liverpool having much choice unless they want him to cost them another £4 million in the next 12 months.

If we swapped Ba for AC it would be disappointing, but I could see it making sense. If that were to happen, we would still be short of a forward and a quality one at that.

I would hate to see us pay anything close.

They pay us £15m for an 18 month loan when he was playing garbage? Brilliant business IYAM :)

They pay us £15m for an 18 month loan when he was playing garbage? Brilliant business IYAM :)

We shouldn't be viewing the two transactions as related. He's either worth £20m or he isn't. IMO he's worth about half that.

We shouldn't be viewing the two transactions as related. He's either worth £20m or he isn't. IMO he's worth about half that.

I agree we shouldn't but put it in basic terms, we want to pay £13m and they want us to pay £20m. Whatever we pay (if we end up doing so) is always going to end up being a loss to them. Getting us to pay £20m would seem like a good deal to LFC......

....and then we can point out the obvious! :D

I agree we shouldn't but put it in basic terms, we want to pay £13m and they want us to pay £20m. Whatever we pay (if we end up doing so) is always going to end up being a loss to them. Getting us to pay £20m would seem like a good deal to LFC......

....and then we can point out the obvious! :D

Yes, but from our perspective it would be much better to pay £20m for a player actually worth £20m rather than simply because he's available and used to play for us.