Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been doing crystal meths again? Cisse 10-15m, he's the best finisher in English football.

Better than smoking blokes like you.

We just paid 10m for Cisse. He's worth more than that now because of the half season he just had. If he continues that form then his value goes up obviously. If Chelsea or man city came in for him now he'd probably go for double that. too early to say he's worth over 20m just yet.

Andy Carroll was sold for 35m after one good half a season. In reality his true value is probably 10m, maybe 15m because he's English.

Spending £17m - £20m on a player not worth it isn't a good thing. Has Leazes hacked your account?

Spending money on Carroll alone wouldn't be, no. But before the last window when we bought Cisse, Ashley was generally making more money from player sales than he was investing in the playing staff. I agree with leazes there - that showed a lack of ambition. Ashley investing in the squad again after the baron years has to be a good thing.

If he buys him and we get the other players we've been linked with, and we don't lose any key players then We will be considerably better off than last year. Carroll, Ba and Cisse are three good strikers to pick from.

And even if we do pay 15m for him, we've effectively made 20m from Liverpool by loaning him for 18 months - good business whether you rate the player or not. I still do rate him.

Better than smoking blokes like you.

We just paid 10m for Cisse. He's worth more than that now because of the half season he just had. If he continues that form then his value goes up obviously. If Chelsea or man city came in for him now he'd probably go for double that. too early to say he's worth over 20m just yet.

Andy Carroll was sold for 35m after one good half a season. In reality his true value is probably 10m, maybe 15m because he's English.

There's no way on earth we'd let Cisse go for less than £30m. Fact of life that. Goal a game in a strange country. Berbatov was £30m five years ago man.

There's no way on earth we'd let Cisse go for less than £30m. Fact of life that. Goal a game in a strange country. Berbatov was £30m five years ago man.

He'd probably go for that much now if city or united came in for him but I don't think he's worth that much just yet. If he keeps it up this season and next then yeah.

Guest CabayeAye

It's because he (Cabayeaye) is a WUM, little more.

I've already explained earlier in the thread. Perhaps if you paid more attention, rather than putting your effort into being a tiresome arsehole, you might get more from this forum.

He'd probably go for that much now if city or united came in for him but I don't think he's worth that much just yet. If he keeps it up this season and next then yeah.

He's worth 30 million if that's what a club's willing to pay man.

He's worth 30 million if that's what a club's willing to pay man.

So a player's worth is based only on what a club is prepared to pay? Was Carroll worth 35m? Daylight robbery on the back of one good half a season. When in reality his true value is about 10 or 15m.

Cisse is a better player than Carroll but he's only had one good half a season in the premier league too. He could go on to be worth that amount if he keeps it up but I wouldn't be splashing that cash on him now if I owned a football club. Well, not unless you had man city's endless riches at your disposal.

So a player's worth is based only on what a club is prepared to pay? Was Carroll worth 35m? Daylight robbery on the back of one good half a season. When in reality his true value is about 10 or 15m.

Cisse is a better player than Carroll but he's only had one good half a season in the premier league too. He could go on to be worth that amount if he keeps it up but I wouldn't be splashing that cash on him now if I owned a football club. Well, not unless you had man city's endless riches at your disposal.

But there we have it. Man City are real. Value, price, worth, whatever you want to call it. If they are willing to pay it, then that's what he's worth.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9821616.Reds_interest_in_Ba_could_lead_to_Carroll_deal/

Ba linked with the deal now by that well known organ of accurate media reporting, The Northern Echo ;)

What the article says kind of makes sense, but is likely to be educated guess work. Dont know how a reporter on a local rag based in the North East would know that Joe Cole is going to be included in Livepool's plans for next season when nobody else is making such claims but you'd imagine that he's more Rodger's sort of player than Andy Carroll is.

Carroll is due to fly to the US next week to join up with Liverpool and Ba has 13 days left on his own private cheapo transfer window. If Carroll doesn't travel this weekend I expect there will be a deal done involving Ba so Liverpool can save a bit of face. The reasons nufc.com put forward for Ba's possible departure this summer a few months ago were very persuasive iyam and its good business to swap the two on an age and potential basis alone, and there is also Demba's dodgy knee. Its just the financial side that makes me think it could be a bad idea. A season long loan for Carroll with Ba's 7.5 mill in the bank would be the best we can hope should this link prove to be accurate.

But there we have it. Man City are real. Value, price, worth, whatever you want to call it. If they are willing to pay it, then that's what he's worth.

going to have to agree to disagree then. carroll was never worth 35m in a million years.