Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Entire close season.... He was at the Euros :lol: Probably on holiday with mates and family now.

I think we have shown we are prepared to move on salaries. This time last season most thought Colo would be away.

Didn't we renew his deal on the same money?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Entire close season.... He was at the Euros :lol: Probably on holiday with mates and family now.

I think we have shown we are prepared to move on salaries. This time last season most thought Colo would be away.

If we're paying him what hes on at Liverpool we're losing Cabaye or Cisse to pay for it.

Homesick, it's Liverpool not Dehli ffs. His schedule and resources would allow him to visit Newcastle fairly easily and regularly if he wanted to.

Although who was that player who moved to Villa from Everton only to return a few months later because his wife demanded so? David Unsworth?! :lol:

Just been reading this on NUFC BLOG. Obviously not sure if true or what.

Newcastle are in the midst of trying to bring Andy Carroll back to Newcastle and we saw this bit form Derek LLambias, when he explained in rife language, just how Newcastle did the deal with Liverpool on the last day of the transfer market – January 31st, of last year – to the astonishment and anger of Newcastle fans.

This is how Derek explained the deal, which was picked up off a Liverpool blog this morning:

“It is about control.” “We had the control. We knew the Torres deal was there.” “We drew that F deal, perhaps the ultimate.”

“So £30M? F off! Don’t waste my time and I slammed the phone down.” “£35M? Everybody including manager Alan Pardew all agreed to that.”

“But the £35M they wanted to pay over four years. It was rubbish. Mike Ashley said, and he is a brave boy Mike I promise you — “get all the £35M up front.”"

“We got it all up front and then they never paid us on time and we charged them 12 grand F interest.”

Yes, that F word is a four letter word that ends in “k”, and obviously Derek wouldn’t get many comments published on this blog.

But he’s not unlike a lot of executives I’ve known over the years, and some top IBM executives were more than a little forceful in the words they used in meetings, as they tried to get their points across – and left the air rather electric when they left the room.

You can only imagine how Derek LLambias and Mike Ashley are thinking and talking this time around, with the Liverpool hierarchy, and trying to get another good deal for Carroll, but it seems the odds are just stacked against them.

There’s still more to unfold in this story, no doubt about that, and we’ll just have to hope the negotiating skills of the two people at the top of the Newcastle hierarchy can do another stellar deal to get Carroll back on Tyneside.

That’s what we are hoping for, and as Alan Pardew said yesterday the deal is being done at the boardroom level of both clubs – but that’s where most of the transfer deals are done these days – it’s all about money.

If we get Carroll back I can only see it being on our terms. Ashley and Lamearse will love to try and get one over on Liverpool again so they'll drive as hard a bargain as possible.

At this stage of close season there is still time for Liverpool to get a better deal elsewhere so I doubt they'll budge. Come August 31st if we're still interested and they haven't moved him on to someone else then I can see us coming away with a bargain.

No matter how keen Liverpool are to sell, no matter how cheap the fee we manage to barter......there is still the problem that no-one in their right mind would pay his wages.

The situation is known as your classic "Alan Smith".

The only way anything will happen is if Liverpool accept a loan deal and cover a big proportion of the wage.

Guest CabayeAye

Re-signing Carroll will placate the fans once the selling of Tiote and Ba goes through.

And you called ME a WUM...

Going on past experiance... is it fair to say thet in all likelyhood much of the last 2 windows business has been funded by the sale of Carroll in the first place?

Buying players maybe but I don't think the sale of Carroll had any impact on wages, despite what Llambias said at the time.

Not that I think we would pay him the same wage he was on at Liverpool anyway, but our wage bill is very healthy at the moment.

Buying players maybe but I don't think the sale of Carroll had any impact on wages, despite what Llambias said at the time.

Not that I think we would pay him the same wage he was on at Liverpool anyway, but our wage bill is very healthy at the moment.

Ashley's not put a penny into the club since the promotion season....as Dekka is fond of saying we now "wipe our own mouth".

We have to generate transfer fees and wages by selling and releasing players currently on the pay roll. Its what we do.

Ashley's not put a penny into the club since the promotion season....as Dekka is fond of saying we now "wipe our own mouth".

We have to generate transfer fees and wages by selling and releasing players currently on the pay roll. Its what we do.

Transfers fee's are a different thing altogether, the club has said enough times that we will only spend what we generate.

My point was more about your comment that we would have to sell Cisse or Cabaye to fund Carroll's wages if we offer him what he's on at Liverpool, that simply isn't the case.

Transfers fee's are a different thing altogether, the club has said enough times that we will only spend what we generate.

My point was more about your comment that we would have to sell Cisse or Cabaye to fund Carroll's wages if we offer him what he's on at Liverpool, that simply isn't the case.

Did this the other day...he's on around 4 million a season at Liverpool. He'll want at least the same length of contract so you're looking at around 12 mill+. Can't see how else we'll find that sort of cash.

Just been reading this on NUFC BLOG. Obviously not sure if true or what.

he just comes across as such a slimey shit every time he opens his mouth.

Did this the other day...he's on around 4 million a season at Liverpool. He'll want at least the same length of contract so you're looking at around 12 mill+. Can't see how else we'll find that sort of cash.

Smith was apparently on £3 million a year which has been freed up so it's a case of finding another £1 million every year.

In any case I think that if we were to get Carroll back and sell it would be more likely Ba that leaves rather than Cisse or Cabaye.

As Baggio has said though with Smith, Best, Guthrie and Lovenkrands off the wage bill Carrolls wages would be paid for even if we were to pay him all of what Liverpool are paying him.

Edited by TicTacWoe

The same way as we find every other players wages, through income.

Income like the 25 million Ashley threw at the club the season before last? The point am trying make is that's not going to happen in the future. I don't think its beyond the realms of possibilty that the 25mill was in part at least to cover long term contracts such as Smith's. Obviously this is all conjecture, Mike may put even more into the club. But iyam the signs are he won't so we'll have to fund signings like Carroll by buying relatively low priced players and selling them on for a large profit.

Edited by PaddockLad

Income like the 25 million Ashley threw at the club the season before last? The point am trying make is that's not going to happen in the future. I don't think its beyond the realms of possibilty that the 25mill was in part at least to cover long term contracts such as Smith's. Obviously this is all conjecture, Mike may put even more into the club. But iyam the signs are he won't so we'll have to fund signings like Carroll by buying relatively low priced players and selling them on for a large profit.

You mean the money he put in when we were in the championship? That has no relevance to where we are now.

Our wage bill is 60% of income without player sales, it's something like the 13th highest in the Premiership (less than Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham, Everton and Villa) and only 5 clubs had a better wages to turnover ratio than us.

We don't need to sell anyone to cover wages.

Edited by Baggio