Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

At least we know what they're going to spend the £35m million on at long last.

Sale of Carroll is likely to have bought us Cisse, Ben Arfa...... and Carroll!! :lol:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the money he put in when we were in the championship? That has no relevance to where we are now.

Our wage bill is 60% of income without player sales, it's something like the 13th highest in the Premiership (less than Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham, Everton and Villa) and only 5 clubs had a better wages to turnover ratio than us.

We don't need to sell anyone to cover wages.

We do if we're going to attempt to attract players who can contribute to us being consistently at the top of the league, because they'll want more money than is currently on offer at NUFC. For that we'll need bigger incomes, as you've pointed out by highlighting the wage bills and indirectly subsequent debts of the clubs youve listed (Bolton and Fulham carry huge debts after around a decade in the top division..TV money alone is plainly not enough to keep even modest clubs solvent) 80k a week is champions league level wages and we dont have champions league level income. And no more subsidies from Mike. Cant see where else that sort of weekly wage is coming from.

The problem is that the only way you get Champions League income is by getting into the Champions League. Unfortunately last year might prove to be our best chance of doing that for years to come.

Fulham 167 million in debt

Bolton 100 million

How much ambition have they shown in the last decade?....have either of them paid a player 80k a week? :lol:

Football beggars beleif finance wise, its astonishing.

Guest CabayeAye

I suspect the SD advertising is worth tens of millions to Ashley. The club won't recieve any money from SD for it, but I think Ashley will use it as justification for making a loss on the club.

I don't think we're far out the water yet, austerity wise, and unless we find a Geordie Abramovich, we'll never be big spenders.

The best thing we can hope for are robust FFP rules, but as long as the brown envelopes keep going Blatters and Cos. way, that isn't going to happen.

Bolton 100 million

How much ambition have they shown in the last decade?....have either of them paid a player 80k a week? :lol:

aren;t they both supermarkets yet ?

The problem is that the only way you get Champions League income is by getting into the Champions League. Unfortunately last year might prove to be our best chance of doing that for years to come.

actually, that is the best post you've made in ages, so much so it's worth unblocking you for a moment. In other words, they sat on a big fat profit and the Carroll money rather than go for it.

please don't tell me you're one of those wankers who says things like "confused.com" in real life.

We know he's a wanker. Does it really matter what type he is? ;)

I suspect the SD advertising is worth tens of millions to Ashley. The club won't recieve any money from SD for it, but I think Ashley will use it as justification for making a loss on the club.

I don't think we're far out the water yet, austerity wise, and unless we find a Geordie Abramovich, we'll never be big spenders.

The best thing we can hope for are robust FFP rules, but as long as the brown envelopes keep going Blatters and Cos. way, that isn't going to happen.

The FFP rules are Uefa regulations so Blatter had/has no real involvement in them.

Edited by alex

Bolton 100 million

Did you ever go to Burnden Park in the decade before they pulled it down?...there was a fuckin Sainsbury's behind one of the goals!

Theyre obviously not gone bust, but thats not the point am trying tom make. Theyve basically just been happy to be in the premier league yet have ended up massively in debt, which as you're fond of saying isnt often fatal, but it is exceedingly bad for a club's health. And what have they acheived for that debt? What did NUFC acheive for the debt accrued during the Shepherd years?

Did you ever go to Burnden Park in the decade before they pulled it down?...there was a fuckin Sainsbury's behind one of the goals!

Theyre obviously not gone bust, but thats not the point am trying tom make. Theyve basically just been happy to be in the premier league yet have ended up massively in debt, which as you're fond of saying isnt often fatal, but it is exceedingly bad for a club's health. And what have they acheived for that debt? What did NUFC acheive for the debt accrued during the Shepherd years?

In fairness, we're not Bolton or Fulham. They're examples of small clubs who can't generate the income required due to small fanbases, you can't compare them with NUFC.

actually, that is the best post you've made in ages, so much so it's worth unblocking you for a moment. In other words, they sat on a big fat profit and the Carroll money rather than go for it.

:lol: That's exactly what he was saying.

If the fat bastard sold the advertising space to SD/Any other paying client , we could increase our income significantly.

How much is all that SD advertising space worth annually?

Heard one of the media refer to the 'Sports Direct Arena' yesterday. Still pisses me off this. Would Old Trafford or Anfield get their name changed for anything less than multi-millions if at all? Would the same media blithely go along with it?

Heard one of the media refer to the 'Sports Direct Arena' yesterday. Still pisses me off this. Would Old Trafford or Anfield get their name changed for anything less than multi-millions if at all? Would the same media blithely go along with it?

What about the £140m he has put into the club? Does that not count? [/Devil's advocate]