Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

La raison pour laquelle je ne regarde pas le football écossais est tout jeu est le même. Au revoir.

Are they open then?

In fairness, we're not Bolton or Fulham. They're examples of small clubs who can't generate the income required due to small fanbases, you can't compare them with NUFC.

How much debt do we/have we been carrying since the fag end of Shpherds era?...and what do we have to show for it?

Football clubs in the last decade have saddled themselves with huge debts just in an attempt to tread water, oursleves included.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard one of the media refer to the 'Sports Direct Arena' yesterday. Still pisses me off this. Would Old Trafford or Anfield get their name changed for anything less than multi-millions if at all? Would the same media blithely go along with it?

All the official paperwork I've had for putting up the Olympic banners refers to it as SJP.

Hats off Olympics :lol:

All the official paperwork I've had for putting up the Olympic banners refers to it as SJP.

Hats off Olympics :lol:

That's just them protecting their own sponsors. Still though....

La raison pour laquelle je ne regarde pas le football écossais est tout jeu est le même. Au revoir.

:lol:

Ce qui a à voir avec le prix du fromage?

For those who don't speak French, Stevie has asked for directions to the nearest nudist beach and MF has replied saying 'it is cold for this time of the year' and also something about baby carrots I think? :unsure2:

What about the £140m he has put into the club? Does that not count? [/Devil's advocate]

If he 'rescued'* the club he did so at his own expense, as an individual buying a club. SportsDirect did not do it.

*We needed his help however Ashley certainly helped bring that debt up on a pretty big scale and paid a manageable mortgage off early which was then referred to as part of the debt.

If he 'rescued'* the club he did so at his own expense, as an individual buying a club. SportsDirect did not do it.

*We needed his help however Ashley certainly helped bring that debt up on a pretty big scale and paid a manageable mortgage off early which was then referred to as part of the debt.

The mortgage was repayable on change of ownership, wasn't it?

And as he did it as his own expense then surely he should be allowed to put 'his' company's name on it?

Are they open then?

How much debt do we/have we been carrying since the fag end of Shpherds era?...and what do we have to show for it?

Football clubs in the last decade have saddled themselves with huge debts just in an attempt to tread water, oursleves included.

We saddled ourselves with debt in order to attempt to get back into the CL not simply to remain in the PL as Bolton and Fulham have done. It didn't pay off and we lost money hand over fist. 'Ambition'.

Carroll for 15 mill would be a good deal. Still a player in there, and he is only 23. Tottenham bid 25 mill for him 18 months ago, remember..

There was too much money involved for the deal not to go through at the time, I dont blame Andy one bit. Wages were trebled, heads were turned.

He made a mistake, Im ready to forgive him.

Take the lad home :)

Edited by Lake Bells tits

The problem is that the only way you get Champions League income is by getting into the Champions League. Unfortunately last year might prove to be our best chance of doing that for years to come.

We get 38 games of ben arfa now, CL SORTED

:lol:

Knew a lad with a Jeremy Beadle hand. His nickname was Clock.

:lol: Just reminded me of the bloke at the DSS I worked with who had one arm. Was referred to as Slot. To his face, I might add.

Il est peut-être temps l'ours ancien trouvé pâturages nouveaux.

Son fromage PUE!

Il a été la maison des ours pendant 8 ans si. Il ya un ours bon, juste une opiniâtre.

We saddled ourselves with debt in order to attempt to get back into the CL not simply to remain in the PL as Bolton and Fulham have done. It didn't pay off and we lost money hand over fist. 'Ambition'.

All true, thing is as a result of failing to get back in the champions league we were reduced to treading water till Ashley came in and finally flushed us down the pan. The point is our huge outlay acheived next to fuck all in real terms, and the same is true of a lot of other teams. Ashley lisitened to "people in football" and tried the same to begin with and regretted it soon after.He decided a new approach was needed and to be fair to him he was right. Lowering expectations? yes, but its a lot more realistic. Thats why I can't see him paying anyone 80k a week.

Guest CabayeAye

The FFP rules are Uefa regulations so Blatter had/has no real involvement in them.

I include Platinni in "Blatter and Co.". He's every bit as bent as his Swiss paymaster.

ALAN PARDEW feels that Andy Carroll’s next move could be crucial as he looks to recover from what has been a testing time at Liverpool.

The Newcastle United boss would love to welcome Carroll through the door of the club’s Benton base again this summer.

And in an exclusive interview with the Chronicle here in Germany, he confirmed that there are three deals in the transfer market STILL active.

Understandably, Pardew is keeping his cards close to his chest with other targets – but, as we reported on Monday, he went public on his admiration for the Geordie striker.

The long-term pursuit of Mathieu Debuchy is still believed to be ongoing, while FC Twente defender Douglas is another defensive target.

However, with West Ham United – who are desperate to land Carroll – Fulham, Aston Villa and another unnamed Premier League club keeping tabs on the Teams lad, Pardew feels that the England striker must think long and hard about which shirt he pulls on next.

Legendary No 9 Alan Shearer has already advised Carroll to return to Tyneside, and Pardew was in full agreement.

He told the Chronicle from the team’s Munich base today: “I thought that Alan Shearer’s comments were correct.

“There aren’t many clubs that Andy Carroll can go to now. He needs to be a success this time.”

The pressure is now mounting on new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers and the Anfield board to make a decision on Carroll, to either drop their demands or find themselves dealing with an unhappy and quite rightly disillusioned player.

Rodgers, however, revealed the Merseysiders are not considering loaning Carroll out, saying: “To consider a loan period for someone the club spent £35million on isn’t something we’re looking to do at this moment in time.”

Sources close to Carroll indicate that he will be no trouble to Liverpool, despite the fact they have told him he can leave.

He is still scheduled to fly into America for Liverpool’s club tour in the next few days along with Steven Gerrard.

Pardew has already placed emphasis on the fact he fully trusts his board’s stance on the situation.

And he added: “It’s a delicate situation. It’s a transfer that I’m not particularly involved in, and it will stay like that.

“I think that it will still be a board level thing between Liverpool and whichever club takes Andy.

“I think that the writing is on the wall that Andy will go out of there in the summer. We are just keeping a close eye on it.”

But the interest in Carroll is very real in the eyes of the LMA and Premier League manager of the year, who said: “Any big player or good player that comes to the table, we need to be involved in it.

“We need to know what is going on. What is the price? Can we do it, can we afford it? If we can’t we go somewhere else.

“We want the best quality players and at the moment we have three possible transfers actively being pursued in terms of bids and trying to get a deal where the other club gets what they want and we get what we want."

All true, thing is as a result of failing to get back in the champions league we were reduced to treading water till Ashley came in and finally flushed us down the pan. The point is our huge outlay acheived next to fuck all in real terms, and the same is true of a lot of other teams. Ashley lisitened to "people in football" and tried the same to begin with and regretted it soon after.He decided a new approach was needed and to be fair to him he was right. Lowering expectations? yes, but its a lot more realistic. Thats why I can't see him paying anyone 80k a week.

I agree completely.

Guest CabayeAye

actually, that is the best post you've made in ages, so much so it's worth unblocking you for a moment. In other words, they sat on a big fat profit and the Carroll money rather than go for it.

Pretty childish post for a supposedly fully grown man.