Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

I include Platinni in "Blatter and Co.". He's every bit as bent as his Swiss paymaster.

You obviously included Blatter as well though. And it's got fuck all to do with him.

And Uefa may be corrupt but they're not in Fifa's ballpark tbh. Largely because, thanks to the CL, they don't need to be. Fifa, on the other hand, need (in their eyes at least) to squeeze every drop of blood out of the World Cup that they can, because it's basically their only source of income.

Edited by alex

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quand les ours anciens est édenté, sa famille le rejette

Hahaha. Lorsque les ours sont édentés, ils portent de fausses dents, mais il ya beaucoup de loups qui parlent entre eux, ce qui rend l'ours se sentent encore plus isolés

We do if we're going to attempt to attract players who can contribute to us being consistently at the top of the league, because they'll want more money than is currently on offer at NUFC. For that we'll need bigger incomes, as you've pointed out by highlighting the wage bills and indirectly subsequent debts of the clubs youve listed (Bolton and Fulham carry huge debts after around a decade in the top division..TV money alone is plainly not enough to keep even modest clubs solvent) 80k a week is champions league level wages and we dont have champions league level income. And no more subsidies from Mike. Cant see where else that sort of weekly wage is coming from.

You seem to be moving the goal posts here.

You said we couldn't afford to pay Carroll £80k per week without selling someone like Cabaye or Cisse to pay for it, yet we've cut an estimated £80k off the wage bill by releasing Smith and Lovenkrands so the wage bill would remain at a steady level if we just gave that money to Carroll.

Could we afford a team of players on £80k? No. That was not the point you originally made though.

Paying Carroll £80k would mean you'd need to pay about half a dozen other key players that to keep them at the club though.

Paying Carroll £80k would mean you'd need to pay about half a dozen other key players that to keep them at the club though.

I agree, I did say originally that he wouldn't pay it him. It's more to do with keeping a cap as you say rather than having to sell Cisse or Cabaye to give it to him.

Edited by Baggio

I agree, I did say originally that he wouldn't pay it him. It's more to do with keeping a cap as you say rather than having to sell Cisse or Cabaye to give it to him.

Like you say it's moot as he'll only arrive if he's prepared to take a wage cut (about £50k a week at a guess). I think it might happen like. Especially if they get Dempsey in. LFC can say they want £20m but I don't see anyone paying that and if he goes elsewhere, (West Ham are meant to be interested) then I reckon the buying club will need to match the £80k he's on now. All bodes well for us getting him late in the window imo.

You seem to be moving the goal posts here.

You said we couldn't afford to pay Carroll £80k per week without selling someone like Cabaye or Cisse to pay for it, yet we've cut an estimated £80k off the wage bill by releasing Smith and Lovenkrands so the wage bill would remain at a steady level if we just gave that money to Carroll.

Could we afford a team of players on £80k? No. That was not the point you originally made though.

Perhaps I am a bit yes. But its keeping to the point in that we're benefitting now from Ashley paying premier league wages from his own pocket in the championship, which is the money saved from letting those two players go. As long as the likes of those two were being paid we were benefitting from Ashley keeping those players on those contracts when income had plumetted. Do you think Ashley will want to dig into his pocket and provide that level of income to the club again? I dont.

If you can explain an alternative to where the 25mill was going apart from contributing majorly towards senior players wages in the last couple of years then am willing to listen. What else at the club in that time has required that outlay? He subsidised last season and the one before iyam and isnt wanting to do it anymore; "we wipe our own mouth"

Like you say it's moot as he'll only arrive if he's prepared to take a wage cut (about £50k a week at a guess). I think it might happen like. Especially if they get Dempsey in. LFC can say they want £20m but I don't see anyone paying that and if he goes elsewhere, (West Ham are meant to be interested) then I reckon the buying club will need to match the £80k he's on now. All bodes well for us getting him late in the window imo.

Even if West Ham do bid more it will be up to Carroll where he goes. It would be similar to the Owen transfer when everyone knew he wanted to go to Liverpool but came here instead because we offered more and he didn't have the bottle to turn us down and risk a season on the bench before the World cup, all Carroll has to do is hold firm and turn down any other offer and Liverpool will be left with either selling him to us or keeping him on on £80k per week.

Even if we offered a years loan with a permanent £16 million deal at the end of it if we're happy it would be a great deal for us, if he gets his old form back we've got a good deal, if he's shit they can have him back and if he's alright we can still screw the price down knowing they're desperate to get rid.

Perhaps I am a bit yes. But its keeping to the point in that we're benefitting now from Ashley paying premier league wages from his own pocket in the championship, which is the money saved from letting those two players go. As long as the likes of those two were being paid we were benefitting from Ashley keeping those players on those contracts when income had plumetted. Do you think Ashley will want to dig into his pocket and provide that level of income to the club again? I dont.

If you can explain an alternative to where the 25mill was going apart from contributing majorly towards senior players wages in the last couple of years then am willing to listen. What else at the club in that time has required that outlay? He subsidised last season and the one before iyam and isnt wanting to do it anymore; "we wipe our own mouth"

We're not in the Championship though with Championship level income so it's a moot point.

Hahaha. Lorsque les ours sont édentés, ils portent de fausses dents, mais il ya beaucoup de loups qui parlent entre eux, ce qui rend l'ours se sentent encore plus isolés

you've just lost geordie points with all this fancy smancy french talk :razz:

Même un œuf bouilli peut regarder un hêtre, comme le dit le vieil ours.

We're not in the Championship though with Championship level income so it's a moot point.

If we take that the 25million is replaced by Sky money then yeah, Andy Carroll may well be affordable wages wise.Which means we dont, on that basis, need to sell players to pay his wages. Where do we find his transfer fee from though? :P

Point I made at the start still stands iyam, we cant afford "the package".

If we take that the 25million is replaced by Sky money then yeah, Andy Carroll may well be affordable wages wise.Which means we dont, on that basis, need to sell players to pay his wages. Where do we find his transfer fee from though? :P

Point I made at the start still stands iyam, we cant afford "the package".

Bringing the transfer fee into it is you just moving the goalposts again. :lol:

The honest truth is I'm not sure what we can afford when it comes to transfer fee, they've done well to cloud what is in the bank and what profit they would have made last season.

Bringing the transfer fee into it is you just moving the goalposts again. :lol:

The honest truth is I'm not sure what we can afford when it comes to transfer fee, they've done well to cloud what is in the bank and what profit they would have made last season.

It is vague as fuck like. A season's long loan is best for us, then if hes shite he goes back. Cant see that as anything other than a last resort as far as Liverpool are concerned, probably at 10pm on 31st August...West Ham may have struck by then and agreed a fee for him, which puts him in the "Owen" situation as you mentioned before.

It is vague as fuck like. A season's long loan is best for us, then if hes shite he goes back. Cant see that as anything other than a last resort as far as Liverpool are concerned, probably at 10pm on 31st August...West Ham may have struck by then and agreed a fee for him, which puts him in the "Owen" situation as you mentioned before.

If it is £17m - £20m then I really can't see West Ham coming close to matching that, even with the Dildo Brothers' backing.

Guest CabayeAye

So long as we progress, Im content. When they fuck it up again, Ill go back to slating them.

'Typical' fickle Geordie.

'Typical' fickle Geordie.

Aaah you think I should be content when struggling and kick up a fuss when alls going well :lol:

Aaah you think I should be content when struggling and kick up a fuss when alls going well :lol:

Speak to LM then ;)

cant see us get ten carroll unless liverpool be realistic and drop the offer to 15 million

1 would be enough like.

1 would be enough like.

:lol:

You're a bad man.

Even if we don't get Carroll for a knock down price, this is yet another example of how Liverpool are incompetent. They've handled this so badly it's hilarious. Don't announce the guy's available to all and sundry, don't say he's available for loan without all parties on your side of the table getting the memo, don't flip-flop when it's clear you were wrong, don't try and ratchet the price up now that everybody knows you want rid and aren't scrambling over each other to sign him.

:lol: it's madness