Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

Worse than the 19M would be the wages that he would expect.

I don't think you can force a player to go out on loan, so if he ultimately doesn't want to go to West Ham then they won't be able to send him and he'll stay at Liverpool. They could try to force him out by not playing him but that would surely just lower his price on the market.

Ultimately I wouldn't want him to go to West Ham because I think that he will make them a vastly superior side compared to what they are now. Price wise it's crazy that West Ham aren't scoffing at the asking price AND the wages.

That's west ham though, they over pay an offer ridiculous wages, Ravel Morrison hasn't played a game but is on reportedly £12 grand a week.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont understand this deal at all, I do, but its not great for WHU.

An initial loan with a binding contract to buy if they stay up? What happens if he is gash and they scarpe a stay up and they have to buy? What happens if they dont have the cash at the time?

I think he will end up there, but not for that cash.

I dont understand this deal at all, I do, but its not great for WHU.

An initial loan with a binding contract to buy if they stay up? What happens if he is gash and they scarpe a stay up and they have to buy? What happens if they dont have the cash at the time?

I think he will end up there, but not for that cash.

It's basically the same as buying him now but not having the millstone round their necks if they go down.

The Mirror say he's turned it down. Seems odd that West Ham would put together a package without bothering to check to see if the lad is interested first.

Not odd if they didn't actually want him and just want to make it look like they are willing to spend to their supporters?

The Mirror say he's turned it down. Seems odd that West Ham would put together a package without bothering to check to see if the lad is interested first.

Almost as odd as paying £6m for a striker but allowing him to leave for free if they were relegated.

West Ham aren't reknowned for being the best run club.

Fats Sam's arrogance for you.

When a fee is agreed between 2 clubs, it sends a pretty strong signal to the player that his future lies elsewhere. The player's opinion historically didnt count for anything at all, but they do have a lot more say nowadays. But as I say, it does send the message loud and clear that hes not required.

Where you think he will end up Stevie?

I think he'll end up here, he wants to come, Pards admits its a waiting game, we'll haggle like fuck and get him at the last minute, that's my feeling.

So much for not loaning him out for a season. For such a big club they are so amateurish at transfers. And look at the cash they have blown £20mil on Aquilani, £20mil on Henderson, £35mil on Carroll, £20mil on Downing, talk of £15mil on Joe Allen who I watched play for Team GB and cant even remember him being on the pitch!

So much for not loaning him out for a season. For such a big club they are so amateurish at transfers. And look at the cash they have blown £20mil on Aquilani, £20mil on Henderson, £35mil on Carroll, £20mil on Downing, talk of £15mil on Joe Allen who I watched play for Team GB and cant even remember him being on the pitch!

They're not that big. They're a fraction the size of Man Utd, dwarfed by Arsenal and Chelsea in terms of the size of the business and the players they can attract and blown away by Man City by artifical finance. Historically they've been a big club since the 60's but it means fuck all in the here and now, and they're not that big. Their rivals presently are Newcastle and Tottenham, I really can't see it changing.

6th, 7th and 8th is their last three finishes, and I believe that is their station.

Kid yourself all you want, they are known the world over and attract players through name alone. Hence being able to blow the amount of cash listed above and still keep buying players

I'm not kidding myself. They blew that cash partly because of the ridiculous Torres price and partly because of the money Henry put in. If I was a top, top, top player I'd choose ANY of the Manchester clubs, Arsenal or Chelsea without a second thought. Absolutely no doubt about it. The big club thing is to make themselves feel better about who they are and it's based on their history. Everton fans are the same to a lesser extent because in every way they're a mickey mouse club, but they can brag about their reasonable past and that's it.

Tell me a proven top drawer player Liverpool have signed who really big clubs wanted. I don't mean someone with potential like Alonso, I mean a ready made star.

I dont think Liverpool have that much 'punch' with overseas players as they once did when they were battling in Europe and winning trophies like they did under Houllier and Rafa.

They still have a legacy in this country but how many times recently have Man U & Liverpool gone for the same player? IFAIK its not a contest any more.

Plus players now get blinded by £ signs rather than what the club stands for.

Liverpool fans need to realise they cant get the big name players any more and they will have to rebuild that back up, but thats going to take at least a decade to do that and IMO Rodgers wont be the one to do that.

This is where I'd rank them:

History: 2nd

Current first eleven: 8th

Current squad: 7th

Turnover: 6th

Pulling power: 5th (some would argue 6th)

Financial clout: 5th

That is being kind. They're a million miles behind Man Utd and they'll never be big enough to bridge the gap, that's my opinion. They're huge overachievers, arguably the biggest overachievers in world football, absolutely phenomenal for a club of their natural size to have 5 European Cups and 18 titles, a club who have never averaged 50,000. We were a bigger club than them in every way before Shankly.

• 2 weeks later...

They're huge overachievers, arguably the biggest overachievers in world football, absolutely phenomenal for a club of their natural size to have 5 European Cups and 18 titles, a club who have never averaged 50,000. We were a bigger club than them in every way before Shankly.

Fecking heck their stadium in it's current cconfiguration can only hold 45k....

We often averaged over 50k a season in the first football "boom time" just after the war and into the early 50s...Liverpool couldnt manage it then.

Theyve won 18 league titles, they couldnt do it in any of those seasons either.

And when the Sky-funded "second coming" of football occured in the 90s, they didnt have a ground big enough to do it because historically it wasnt required in the first place. If they ever move or re-develop Anfield they may get 50k, that has been the modern model, "build it and they will come". However the real boom years are over in the Premier League, and Liverpool are looking to be such an "also ran" precisely because they failed to move or redevelop in the 90s as we did and the mackems did (and in so doing increasing our attendances hugely) that they may never need 50k capacity because there may not be the demand on Merseyside or indeed worldwide to watch them as they appear now, just another mid table side.

• 4 weeks later...

We often averaged over 50k a season in the first football "boom time" just after the war and into the early 50s...Liverpool couldnt manage it then.

Theyve won 18 league titles, they couldnt do it in any of those seasons either.

And when the Sky-funded "second coming" of football occured in the 90s, they didnt have a ground big enough to do it because historically it wasnt required in the first place. If they ever move or re-develop Anfield they may get 50k, that has been the modern model, "build it and they will come". However the real boom years are over in the Premier League, and Liverpool are looking to be such an "also ran" precisely because they failed to move or redevelop in the 90s as we did and the mackems did (and in so doing increasing our attendances hugely) that they may never need 50k capacity because there may not be the demand on Merseyside or indeed worldwide to watch them as they appear now, just another mid table side.

Couldn't agree more with everything you have said. I think the amount of support you have in the media can distort the actual size of the club you are, and the media is crawling with ex Liverpool players. I think they're where they should be as a club at present.

Shame that.

If there's a club that's living beyond its means (other than QPR) it's WHU. Dunno how they can afford Carroll's wages in all seriousness.....I've nothing against them but would love to see Allardyce get relegated