Carroll`s career so far in Liverpool

Lake Bells tits

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sell on clause has certainly been mentioned almost from day one. Not that that makes it more or less likely to be true. So stating that it 100% exists is a bit of a stretch but its not a recent rumour, that's for sure.

Hope the club moves on to another target tbh. Getting Carroll in sounds like it'll be more trouble than he's really worth. I'm not sure he's the type of striker we need tbh.

You're probably right, judging from our recent track record with signings we could probably get better with that sort of money. But fleecing Liverpool adds a heap of value. ;)

The sell on clause has certainly been mentioned almost from day one. Not that that makes it more or less likely to be true. So stating that it 100% exists is a bit of a stretch but its not a recent rumour, that's for sure.

Totally agree, however if such a clause exists (possible but improbable) we would be well and truly in the driving seat. We can undercut any other bid by a good 20% and wave the sell on fee. Or if Liverpool get the their asking price of £20m that would give us £5m, the quoted price for Douglas. As previously stated, would be win.

Edited by JoCo85

Not that arsed. If we use the money we were going to use on him on another forward Ill be well chuffed. Mind, still dont know if AC was being lined up incase Ba left, not as an as well as.

Right up Fat Sams street though is AC so can see why he went for him. Huge HUGE step backward for AC though.

They've agreed a fee but I doubt he'll go there - and for the fee mentioned - £19m - I wouldn't want him here.

Imagine Carroll & Nolan in London man, it would make Gazza look like the pope.

fee agreed, but if he's any sense he'll dig his heels in, playing hoofball for fat sam is no good for anyone

Playing for west ham is good for noone

Like I said a few weeks back its like the Owen transfer all over again with West Ham playing our part with a huge bid aimed at blowing us away.

Liverpool have revealed their hand by accepting now all Carroll has to do is hold his nerve and he's likely to get his move back here.

Guest CabayeAye

If we get him for less than £15m, I'd be happy. I genuinely think he is a quality player for the future. Plus, we could do with a target man to compliment Cisse, Ba and HBA.

I reckon it's highly unlikely, first I've heard of it too.

It was mentioned at the time of him leaving, you would think it would he on any profit they make on him rather than any sale unless they are completely fucking stupid.

If we get him for less than £15m, I'd be happy. I genuinely think he is a quality player for the future. Plus, we could do with a target man to compliment Cisse, Ba and HBA.

Talented for certain, but his demeanour, professionalism and focus look like being his biggest stumbling blocks. The price he went to Liverpool for, couplded with the fact that he was injured at the time heaped too much pressure on him. As others have said the move he makes next will be a telling one in his career. If he was serious about football he could well make West Ham work for him as they would be willing to build their attack around him which would give him ample opportunity to re-prove himself, but all said and done I don't think he'll go there and will end up still at Liverpool at the end of the window.

Andy Carroll will resist £19m West Ham deal to sign him from Liverpool

• Clubs talk about loan followed by signing at end of season

• England striker would prefer to return to Newcastle United

Andy Carroll could be loaned, then sold, to West Ham but the player himself is likely to oppose such a deal.

Andy Carroll will resist a move to West Ham United, even though Liverpool have accepted a bid from the London club that appeared to signal the end of the striker's time at Anfield. Liverpool have told West Ham that they can have Carroll on loan for the season in exchange for £2m, but that West Ham must then pay a further £17m to make the deal permanent if they retain their Premier League status.

The Merseyside club had maintained that they would not loan out Carroll, for whom they paid £35m to Newcastle United,but West Ham's proposal is an acceptable compromise to them. There would be no mere option for West Ham to buy Carroll next summer; if they remained a Premier League club, they would be legally bound to sign him.

The deal would be a coup for West Hamon their return to the top division, a signing to dwarf their previous record outlay, which was the £9m they paid to Brescia for Savio Nsereko in 2009 during Gianfranco Zola's managerial tenure. Nsereko did not settle and he was promptly sold to Fiorentina.

West Ham, though, have work to do to convince Carroll that he ought to move to Upton Park. Carroll would like to prove himself at Liverpool and, if he were reluctantly to accept that he had no future under the new manager Brendan Rodgers, he would want to join a club that could offer European football.

Newcastle have been prominent among the clubs to have monitored Carroll's situation – the manager, Alan Pardew, has consistently spoken highly of him – and Carroll would be receptive to a move back to St James' Park, even if they will play only in next season's Europa League.

In agreeing to West Ham's £19m package, Liverpool have advertised their bottom line price and they may hope to generate an auction, although it is unclear whether Newcastle would agree to at least match the figure. Carr oll's wages may also be a problem at St James' Park. His weekly pay went from £20,000 to £80,000 when he joined Liverpool, and that puts him considerably above Newcastle's basic wage ceiling. West Ham would be more confident of satisfying Carroll's financial terms.

The West Ham charm offensive will be led by the manager, Sam Allardyce, and the captain, Kevin Nolan, who have the same agent as Carroll. Nolan is a close friend of Carroll's, having played with him at Newcastle, and he has urged him to make the move to London. Rodgers has done his utmost to say the right things about Carroll but he is prepared to plan for Liverpool's future without him.

I think he's bound to end up at West Ham once Allardyce and Nolan start whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Also might be the best move for him as I cant see him being a regular here unless Ba leaves today.

(Should really just take Ba paint balling in the woods somewhere today and steal his phone).

Edited by Christmas Tree

Was thinking how I don't want him to go to West Ham but this is overall £19 million...I would feel sick if we paid £19 million for Carroll.

Worse than the 19M would be the wages that he would expect.

I don't think you can force a player to go out on loan, so if he ultimately doesn't want to go to West Ham then they won't be able to send him and he'll stay at Liverpool. They could try to force him out by not playing him but that would surely just lower his price on the market.

Ultimately I wouldn't want him to go to West Ham because I think that he will make them a vastly superior side compared to what they are now. Price wise it's crazy that West Ham aren't scoffing at the asking price AND the wages.