Liverpool v Newcastle United

Hughesie

Bowyer you twat!

71501[/snapback]

Sent off for being pushed over? When was that rule made?

71502[/snapback]

his tackle.

The ref and the pool playe is a twat too.

Edited by Omar

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowyer you twat!

71501[/snapback]

Never a sending off, yes he was late, but one of his feet was planted on the ground and it wasn't that high a tackle.

Crouch should have walked and I'm amazed Gerrard didn't get a booking. Actually, I'm not.

I heard Crouch pushed him over?

71504[/snapback]

Yeah, am listening on BBC Newcastle, they said Crouch should have probably gone and that Bowyers tackle was "a cowards tackle".

71506[/snapback]

If the tackle was so bad, how come Alonso didn't get stretchered off?

71507[/snapback]

Hamann wasn't stretchered off after Essiens tackle, does that make that tackle alright? I've not seen Bowyers tackle yet so I can't say how bad I think it is, just going off the the commentary.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Bowyer's tackel was a yellow but its Lee Bower so...

Shola got a red at Everton for what Crouch did.

Gerrard can put two hands around Shearer's neck then attempt to butt Bowyer with no action.

Shit performance agaisnt a much better team but until we stop facing 12 men at Anfield wee'll never have a chance.

ps. It is physically impossible for the linesman to have been able to see that the ball crossed the line through Given (though I think it did).

Pathetic, uninspiring performance!

Do we have any sort of style to our game?

Our passing has been shocking, most of the players dont seem to have the hunger and work ethic to chase and tackle. Not the difference between Liverpool's clinical passing, work ethic, the want to get the ball back after they lose it (or we give it immediately back to them). It is really pathetic that a side consisting of players of the calibre of Shearer, Owen, Luque and Solano cant even look like playing football.

There is no run or movement to create space for others to run into. God i hope no more of our games are on TV over here as i cant stand watching that type of performance again.

Add to that Solano should of been sent off, Bowyer was sent off and Taylor is going to be out for 3 months or so i would imagine.

Gerrard says Bowyers tackle should only have been a yellow and that he overreacted at the time.

71511[/snapback]

Gerrard overreacted is an understatement. Shearer would of smacked him good and proper. Actually take the word would out and replace it with should and it would have been a sight to see!

The result can't be disputed. Liverpool were by far the better team and deserved the win, but that is beside the point.

Bowyer's sending off was an absolutely disgraceful error by the referee.

Gerrard has just said he thought the tackle was late but it should have been a yellow rather than a red card. Yes. Correct. It was late, but Bowyer was going for the ball rather than the man. Yellow card, hands up, bit of a late tackle. Gerrard is right on that point.

But then he goes on to say that the rest of it was handbags. What? Crouch pushes Bowyer over. Bowyer gets up and DOES NOT react. Several Liverpool players go over towards him and give him a shove, but he doesn't retaliate in anyway. I saw Gerrard involved, although I have to say I didn't see any headbut or anything of that sort from him.

It seems to me that Bowyer has been sent off because he's Lee Bowyer and he has a reputation. It's a reputation which in many ways he's brought upon himself, but you can't just send a man off because he has a reputation, even if he hasn't actually done anything to warrant being sent off. What happened was a classic example refereeing on the basis of the following.

1. Who the player concerned is

2. The team the player concerned is playing for

3. The team (and players) the player concerned is playing against

4. The venue in which the game is being played

Peter Crouch got a yellow card. Why? For pushing Bowyer over?

According to the laws of the game, a yellow card cannot be given for such an offence.

Pushing someone over off the ball constitutes violent conduct for which a straight red card should be given.

Not only has Bowyer been sent off wrongly, but Souness will now use this to avoid the fact we played badly and lost.

Bowyer got a red card on reputation. If Crouch wasn't known as such a nice guy, he'd be off as well. He should have been anyway I assume. Gerrard again may have made some nasty tackles previously, but is now seen as a clean, respectable leader. Bowyer has a reputation of being a racist thug, and fair enough. However firstly the tackle was not a red card offence, and secondly he'd done well in my opinion to not react when he was under attack from those players. It was only because of his reputation that he got that reaction as well - it's pathetic to shoved people as they did for making late tackles, but because it's a renowned thug like Bowyer then they did it. Simple really, another failure of acceptable refereeing.

That performance was nothing short of an embarassment.

Zog in the centre midfield??? Was this a joke????

The sending off has, once again, masked what was another abysmal performance; it looked like it was us that had been ten thousand miles and back. It was a training exercise for Liverpool from start to finish and we were really lucky not to have had six or seven put past us.

As has been said, Nobby should have been sent off.

Bowyer was a yellow card, no more. Tough guy Gerrard did not have Shearer by the throat - he pushed him in the back when Shearer wasn't looking. Shearer then grabbed Gerrard by the throat/shirt collar and I was surprised he didn't lift him off the deck the strength with which he was holding him.

Can't think who the Liverpool player was who dived in the box towards the end of the game. Booked?? Of course not.

As has been said, it was impossible for the linesman to have seen the ball over the line so how he could give it is a mystery. He got lucky in that it was a goal, but he couldn't have seen it.

Shay Given. Freddie, double his money and get him to stay. Magnificent.

Souness, that was appalling. I don't have the English to express just how inept that performance was. Shocking. Diabolical. Disgraceful. Yes, Liverpool are good side but we made them look like world beaters we were so bad.

Embarrassed.

The ball looked about 95% over the line. But whatever, Liverpool deserved far more goals, and it was only possibly the best goalie in the world denying them, and poor finishing. Crouch scores again it looks, but again this has been out down as a own goal from the goalkeper. It's a shame that spoilt a fantastic performace. Normally if you're goalkeeper keeps you in games, that's a bad thing mind.

I believe Bowyer got sent off this fixture last year as well. It struck me maybe Crouch wasn't sent off because Bowyer deliberately fell over (you know, he doesn't look the most muscly guy on the planet), but he wouldn't roll backward three times without any momentum, so yeah direct red for Crouch.

When we are awful, it always gets even worse with a sending off, and normally it's Bowyer.

Another puzzling team selection and another shite performance and yet more shite refereeing decisions, not that it would have changed owt like.

71528[/snapback]

I have a feeling it was a token effort of a team selection - a kind of "if it works great, if it doesn't no major loss".

Didn't Luque cost 9.5m?

71489[/snapback]

I was referring to the French donkey who stands like a statue as the ball bounces and goes over his head, every fucking time.

71490[/snapback]

no no. you are wrong, according to Souness he did extensive research and decided Boumsong is a quality player and a proper player, and worth 8m quid of the clubs money.

So thats it, because Souness said so, and he knows best, his track record shows he knows what he is doing

71494[/snapback]

To be absolutely fair, he became a target of the club (and there was an attempt to sign him) just before SBR was given the boot.

Now I don't know for certain, but I'm willing to bet that this is a player targetted by Freddie Shepherd (through a club scout who worked under both managers) rather than Graeme Souness.

meaning what exactly ?

I remember Souness being reported as watching him "closely" and "often"...and saying "he is a very good player".

Souness is many things Craig, but one thing he isn't is a yes man.

It may be that Boumsong has more than we have seen, and with better coaching and more arganised team mates around him, may not be a headless chicken, however his lack of strength in the air for a centre back is a major flaw, and one which knocks serious money off what we paid for him. I think we need a left back, badly, one which would defend well and enable Boumsong to have the confidence to stand his ground before making a final decision on how good he could be, or otherwise

I wouldn't sell him because we are down on numbers, [unless someone made a silly offer], however if Bobby Robson had got him for nowt, then of course he would still be the same player, but would Bobby Robson recommend meeting a fee of 8m for him ?

Meaning that IMO it's more than likely this club would have signed Jean-Alain Boumsong last January regardless of who was in charge.

As for the price, well I'm afraid we were held to ransom by Rangers on that one. We needed a central defender and in reality, there wasn't much choice and arguably he was one of the better prospects available.

My point is, I don't think it was a Souness signing - I think he was told that signing J-A-B in January was something that was going to happen. Purely my opinion though...

Taylor should never have walked out onto that pitch if the only way his injury will heal is through surgery. Knackered shoulders are buggers to fix, and even with surgery, are never quite properly healed. He shouldn't have been risked and I really hope he hasn't done further lasting damage that will make it even harder to fix in the long run.

We were outplayed massively yesterday. Thank goodness for a bit of daft craic with the coppers on the touchline for the last 15 minutes as I was in danger of slipping into unconsciousness. :D

We were outclassed.

Showed how weak our team is even with Owen in the team. We missed Parker real bad... shows what a good signing he's been.

Why we paid £8mil for Boum is beyond me, he still looks like an SPL defender most times. Why Mr Souness is still here is also beyond me. His team selections are so questionable sometimes especially picking Taylor, now looks like hes out even longer.

Thank god Shay is still here. He saved us from embarassment yesterday. Yet again.

Merry xmas toon fans :D

Edited by Emre