***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Showtime!

is this what Newcastle Online is like these days :icon_lol:

Nah, its too sterile. Give me argy-bargy any day of the week.

Tbf, loads of posters on there share your views.

you mean, they realise that when they all disagreed with me, and banned me for it, :icon_lol: I was right all along ?

Christmas Tree, lurking as we bicker. { This bit is in answer to your question "what are you on about, are you on drugs" }

You insane old goat. :lol:{This bit is about you, 100% true}

be specific.

Clear enough ?

Showtime!

you mean, they realise that when they all disagreed with me, and banned me for it, :icon_lol: I was right all along ?

:lol:

Showtime!

I

Who would say playing in the Europa league next season,through league position, amounts to a successful campaign this year?

Once again, premature to say anything at this stage as we're only 12 games in, but the fact of a Europa League spot finish would obviously be a successful league campaign this year for me if we achieved it. We were expected to go down last year and now we're not expected to go down this year we're expected to sell all our best players instead (for expected to, read 'prevailing narrative'), so if we finish in a Europa spot that has to count as a good return against those expectations. Sad how jading it is being slated for having a bit of enjoyment in a team that has heart and plays for the shirt because it's supposed to make you some sort of 'Ashley apologist'. Trophyshy made a very good remark in the Pardew/January thread about enjoyment being tainted if you persistently look at it with one mindset. It's simply not necessary and you can continue to have pride in a group of players who want to play for NUFC while having very clear views about where the FCB's interests lie.

Who would say playing in the Europa league next season,through league position, amounts to a successful campaign this year?

Once again, premature to say anything at this stage as we're only 12 games in, but the fact of a Europa League spot finish would obviously be a successful league campaign this year for me if we achieved it. We were expected to go down last year and now we're not expected to go down this year we're expected to sell all our best players instead (for expected to, read 'prevailing narrative'), so if we finish in a Europa spot that has to count as a good return against those expectations. Sad how jading it is being slated for having a bit of enjoyment in a team that has heart and plays for the shirt because it's supposed to make you some sort of 'Ashley apologist'. Trophyshy made a very good remark in the Pardew/January thread about enjoyment being tainted if you persistently look at it with one mindset. It's simply not necessary and you can continue to have pride in a group of players who want to play for NUFC while having very clear views about where the FCB's interests lie.

so do YOU think we will build on this platform and go higher ?

We have one of the best set of players we have had for years. How we got them ie on the cheap does not matter it is the results and standard of play which does. Spending loads does not bring success looked at the 6 toed down the road. We should enjoy cos in 3 months we maybe in bottom halve may not.

In black and white aSHLEY COULD CLAIM HE IS WELL DOWN THE ROAD to what he set out to do (sorry about caps)

Saying that I hate the bastard cos I do.