***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Aye he's not but next to a good centre back like Colo he's solid enough, Williamson is a big liability.

I don't think there's much between either of them to be honest.

Taylor had a good start to the season but the majority of it was with Tiote in front of him, Williamson looked solid enough too when Tiote was in the team when we only conceded 1 goal in 4 games, since he's been out we've played another 5 league games and conceded 11 goals.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiotes absence has coincided with one of our best runs of the season. He's not the be all and end all.

Spurs are just very good and were well up for giving redknapp a send off.

Yet we only let in 12 goals in the 14 games he's played, he's of huge importance to the team keeping it's shape and without him sitting deep we're repeatedly being pulled apart in the middle when a team piles on the pressure.

There's that too.

But everyone says he'll be easy replaced in the summer. Just joining in :)

Everyone says? That's alright then.

Aye he's not but next to a good centre back like Colo he's solid enough, Williamson is a big liability.

I don't think there's much between either of them to be honest.

Taylor had a good start to the season but the majority of it was with Tiote in front of him, Williamson looked solid enough too when Tiote was in the team when we only conceded 1 goal in 4 games, since he's been out we've played another 5 league games and conceded 11 goals.

We'll see when Tiote returns, I agree Tiote will go some way to shoring things up a bit more but I still see Williamson as less dependable than Taylor.

Yet we only let in 12 goals in the 14 games he's played, he's of huge importance to the team keeping it's shape and without him sitting deep we're repeatedly being pulled apart in the middle when a team piles on the pressure.

There's that too.

But everyone says he'll be easy replaced in the summer. Just joining in :)

Everyone says? That's alright then.

of course, all we need is our mighty DOF and it's an absolute formality, and Mike will walk away with 20m in his back pocket too.

of course, all we need is our mighty DOF and it's an absolute formality, and Mike will walk away with 20m in his back pocket too.

Hows that? Is that the same back pocket that he still holds the £35M from Carroll? Or the same back pocket that just paid £9M(ish) for Cisse?

Fucking hell, I hate how you make me defend Ashley LM :lol:

Hows that? Is that the same back pocket that he still holds the £35M from Carroll? Or the same back pocket that just paid £9M(ish) for Cisse?

The same back pocket that holds the remaining £26M from Carroll and incredibly has pocketed £32M on transfers in total. And some people think that is a sign of ambition!

The same back pocket that holds the remaining £26M from Carroll and incredibly has pocketed £32M on transfers in total. And some people think that is a sign of ambition!

We've spent more than just the money on Cisse since Carroll left.

I love how you're so stupid that you can't see past bank balances when it comes to commenting on ambition.

I love how you're so stupid that you can't see past bank balances when it comes to commenting on ambition.

I love how you're so stupid that you don't see how withholding money from sales to the manager to try and build as good a team as possible doesn't show a shortage of ambition.

This is just so, so fucking basic, it's unbelievable. There appears to be a growing amount of Newcastle Online and skunkers type fuckwits on here these days.

I doubt there's a special 'pocket' for transfers, just a bank account. be interesting to see if any of Ashley's loan has been repaid as the club's financial position has improved, anyone know the position on this?

I love how you're so stupid that you don't see how withholding money from sales to the manager to try and build as good a team as possible doesn't show a shortage of ambition.

This is just so, so fucking basic, it's unbelievable. There appears to be a growing amount of Newcastle Online and skunkers type fuckwits on here these days.

I love how YOU'RE so mindnumbingly stupid that you dont even realise that the underlined sentence says it DOESNT show a lack of ambition, which is completely opposite to the point you are arguing.

sentence building is just so, so fucking basic, it's unbelievable.

BLEND!

No doubt we have sold and bought well this season but you don't become a top 4 club by making a net profit on transfers over a 4 year period - this is as good as it gets with Ashley and it shows a complete lack of ambition

Its so fucking basic its unbelievable

No doubt we have sold and bought well this season but you don't become a top 4 club by making a net profit on transfers over a 4 year period - this is as good as it gets with Ashley and it shows a complete lack of ambition

If level of spending is the sole measure of ambition then we should all take our hats off to Rangers and their efforts!! If there is any justice then they should win champions league next year!

What is the net spend if you remove the INSANE £35 million for Carroll??? how does the 4 year period you have imposed look then??

Interesting to know that in 19 years Arsenal have a net spend of around £20 million.... wow!!

I for one could not give a flying fuck how much the net spend is, I gauge success in the transfer market by how much improvement i can see in the team/squad/club. Given that mistakes have been made, i think the improvement in the team is a mark of how a different approach is (at this moment in time,) getting results and improving the club. If we improve the team and squad AND somehow make some money on transfers, how can that be a bad thing?? Granted i'd like to see the money reinvested, BUT I am showing some faith in the policy of getting value in transfers. Yes, Ashley will not spunk 5 years worth of sponsorship on one player, but how is that wrong, given that the previous approach won us fuck all!!

If level of spending is the sole measure of ambition then we should all take our hats off to Rangers and their efforts!! If there is any justice then they should win champions league next year!

What is the net spend if you remove the INSANE £35 million for Carroll??? how does the 4 year period you have imposed look then??

Interesting to know that in 19 years Arsenal have a net spend of around £20 million.... wow!!

I for one could not give a flying fuck how much the net spend is, I gauge success in the transfer market by how much improvement i can see in the team/squad/club. Given that mistakes have been made, i think the improvement in the team is a mark of how a different approach is (at this moment in time,) getting results and improving the club. If we improve the team and squad AND somehow make some money on transfers, how can that be a bad thing?? Granted i'd like to see the money reinvested, BUT I am showing some faith in the policy of getting value in transfers. Yes, Ashley will not spunk 5 years worth of sponsorship on one player, but how is that wrong, given that the previous approach won us fuck all!!

this this and this!

It doesnt matter how much we spend on a player. As NUFC fans we should know that, it matters about who we bring in and recently we have brought in some great players!

this this and this!

It doesnt matter how much we spend on a player. As NUFC fans we should know that, it matters about who we bring in and recently we have brought in some great players!

plus Gabriel Obertan

plus Gabriel Obertan

Lol yeah but give him time. We dont know what he'll be like 2 years down the line. He just needs game experience because at Man U he had very little, we sort of need to treat him like a teenager who hasn't had much first team experience.

plus Gabriel Obertan

Lol yeah but give him time. We dont know what he'll be like 2 years down the line. He just needs game experience because at Man U he had very little, we sort of need to treat him like a teenager who hasn't had much first team experience.

I reckon Obertan was our 1 panic signing this season. Happened just as we got rid of Barton and morale was really low. Im sure Pards was desperate to get some positivity into the club and Fergie took advantage of that. 3m and he was laughing all the way to the bank. Ill take one Gabriel Obertan signing a year against all the good business we have done though.

I reckon Obertan was our 1 panic signing this season. Happened just as we got rid of Barton and morale was really low. Im sure Pards was desperate to get some positivity into the club and Fergie took advantage of that. 3m and he was laughing all the way to the bank. Ill take one Gabriel Obertan signing a year against all the good business we have done though.

Agree with all of that.

I have to say he offended against one of my core principles in transfer dealing, and that's that you buy NOWT from SAF. Hopefully he won't be an unmitigated disaster but early signs show very little to make me rethink my basic tenets.