***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not the best results for us today, we really need 2 of the other top teams to make it to the cup final otherwise we stand a good chane of missing out on Europe. If they don't meet then we could come 6th above Liverpool and still not qualify.

The flip side of it is it would be a great time for Arsenal and Chelsea to hit a bad patch, the difference between them and us is the pressure that they will be under, it's just a shame we've got to go to both of their grounds still.

7th season without a trophy for Arsenal now unless they get a miracle in the Champions League.

7th season without a trophy for Arsenal now unless they get a miracle in the Champions League.

They're cursed by the boards around their ground listing all the trophies and leaving a space- they've not had to change them yet.

A great FA cup draw for us! Basically means we can't be screwed by the draw in not getting 2 of Chelsea, Liverpool or Spurs in the final, it's down to them now to keep winning to keep 7th for Europe open.

EVERTON v SUNDERLAND

STEVENAGE or SPURS v BOLTON

CHELSEA or BIRMINGHAM v LEICESTER

BRIGHTON or LIVERPOOL v STOKE

Just so people know how we can qualify, I'll put a copy of it in the opening post too.

English European Competition Qualification 2011/12

1st Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester City)

2nd Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester United)

3rd Champions League Group Stage (currently Tottenham)

4th Champions League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Arsenal)

5th Europa League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Chelsea)

League Cup Winners - Europa League Qualifying. (Liverpool or Cardiff City) If winners achieve Qualification via League Position this slot goes to the highest placed team not qualified via other means.

FA Cup Winners - Europa League Qualifying. If winners achieve Qualification via League Position the runners-up will take their place in Europa League. If both have achieved qualification via League Position the slot goes to the highest placed team not qualified by other means.

How can NUFC get in to Europe?

Champions League:

NUFC Finish in the top 4. Unlikely. Less unlikely than before, but still pretty unlikely.

Europa League:

NUFC Finish 5th

NUFC win FA Cup

NUFC reach FA Cup Final but lose to Champions League Qualified Team

NUFC Finish 6th with Liverpool winning the League Cup and finishing 5th

NUFC Finish 6th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (CL place or Europa Lge via League or League Cup)

NUFC Finish 7th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (CL place or Europa Lge via League) AND Liverpool win the League Cup whilst finishing in a position that would afford them European Qualification.

Yes you've been posting drunken nonsense for years. On that we are in full agreement.

unfortunately for you, it has all been correct. You must have been mega pissed when you, as an accountant, supported the backing of Souness with more and more money to continue building his own team, right up to the day he was sacked.

Imagine how pissed Shepherd must have been to actually do it. I'll not even bother to question the truth of your claims that I actually said that, as I know that you need to keep hold of your made up version of the world to get by.

sorry, but Shepherd never owned the club. And the sacking of Souness was confirmed by Douglas Hall as a joint decision, along with the fact that they did sack their appointment when they realised he was getting it wrong, unfortunately though according to you and others like you, no other football club in the world ever makes a poor appointment other than NUFC.

Not many other clubs have qualified for europe more than we did over 15 years either mind, only 4 in fact, but don't let that get in the way of your "opinion" or your "drunken ramblings" that you frequently post on here that suggest otherwise.

The one thing I love about this seasons is the different opinions that people have on how well the team is doing. For example there's the view of Leases that we're over achieving with the squad we've got and Parses will be off when a more ambitious club come in for him, an opinion he's perfectly entitled too. Then there's my opinion that a few people share that we are where we deserve to be and probably have the 7th best squad in the league. A quick visit to N-O has HTT and Mick calling for Pardew to be replaced as we're not playing like Brazil and we are where we are on the quality of the squad but a better manager would have us 4th. Crazy how different the opinions are.

Only HTT wants him replaced. Mick and some others (Me,Wullie,Tron sometimes) are discussing his shortcomings (mainly around the type of workmanlike and battling football).

I've said he warrants another season even though some of our football has been shaky (there are too many variables to lay this totally at Pards door). And generally I've been impressed by his organisation and data gathering on performances, not so much his in game performance.

*For me the next window will be the rubicon of what is going to happen at the club.

Mick is a prick though, and always has been

Because a manager of his calibre would bring with it the chance of trophy success. But you are turning your noise up at that in favour of nice looking football.

Perhaps fucking idiotic would have been a better choice of words than fucking nonsense, given that you've now clarified that you're definitely less concerned about results than you are pretty patterns.

Mourinho will not take a managers job of a club that sells its best players and behaves like 2nd raters.

These people coming out with this bollocks, is sinking to Newcastle Online type standards

The one thing I love about this seasons is the different opinions that people have on how well the team is doing. For example there's the view of Leases that we're over achieving with the squad we've got and Parses will be off when a more ambitious club come in for him, an opinion he's perfectly entitled too. Then there's my opinion that a few people share that we are where we deserve to be and probably have the 7th best squad in the league. A quick visit to N-O has HTT and Mick calling for Pardew to be replaced as we're not playing like Brazil and we are where we are on the quality of the squad but a better manager would have us 4th. Crazy how different the opinions are.

Only HTT wants him replaced. Mick and some others (Me,Wullie,Tron sometimes) are discussing his shortcomings (mainly around the type of workmanlike and battling football).

I've said he warrants another season even though some of our football has been shaky (there are too many variables to lay this totally at Pards door). And generally I've been impressed by his organisation and data gathering on performances, not so much his in game performance.

*For me the next window will be the rubicon of what is going to happen at the club.

Mick is a prick though, and always has been

HTT, on the other hand, has a brilliant mind.

High five Leazes. Gemmill won't have seen that line of argument coming.

not an argument.

Fact.

He should know this by now, oh fuck, it would appear he's not even a competent accountant though, if he backed the club to spend millions more that it didn't have.

Edited by LeazesMag

not an argument.

Fact.

Like the fact that the Halls and Shepherd won nothing in any of their seasons.

End of thread :)

You idolised Lord Westwood then, who in your opinion was miles superior to the Halls and Shepherd when he was chairman of a selling club ?

Have you thought of any games in the 60's you would like to reminisce with me yet . :icon_lol:

There will be numerous people wanking themselves to death on here if we finish 7th [once], the same people who booed a team for only finishing 5th I wonder ?

not an argument.

Fact.

Like the fact that the Halls and Shepherd won nothing in any of their seasons.

End of thread :)

UICWinnerCeremony2007.JPG

sorry, but Shepherd never owned the club. And the sacking of Souness was confirmed by Douglas Hall as a joint decision, along with the fact that they did sack their appointment when they realised he was getting it wrong, unfortunately though according to you and others like you, no other football club in the world ever makes a poor appointment other than NUFC.

Not many other clubs have qualified for europe more than we did over 15 years either mind, only 4 in fact, but don't let that get in the way of your "opinion" or your "drunken ramblings" that you frequently post on here that suggest otherwise.

Uh oh someone's making stuff up again. When did I or anyone else say that no one but NUFC makes bad appointments?

At least it gives you something else to accuse me of though, when "unlimited funds and Souness" don't seem appropriate or relevant. Not that you usually take the relevance of your responses into account before posting them.