***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

You're ignoring the wood to look at the trees. Perhaps Ameobi would have put away the chances Cisse took...might have done better in games Cisse hasn't scored I think we've won games with Cisse taking chances we wouldn't have otherwise. Hence the comment under my Avatar. But it seems strange to argue that Cisse and the policy that brought him here hasn't made us a better prospect....but also that Cisse proves that we're an ambitious club trying to cement our place in the top 6.

I'm not arguing either point, the only point I'm arguing is the point where you think if Cisse didn't score then nobody else could have possibly done so, whoever we played as a replacement which is terrible logic.

So can you give me a breakdown of these 7 points?

:lol:

Proper LM. "ANSWER THE QUESTION!"

Since his arrival, Cisse has scored in 3 games where we got a total of 7 points. His goals were piviotal in all of them. He's played in 2 without scoring and we only managed 1 point from those, and he's only missed 1 game entirely which we lost.

By way of Comparison, Ba has only scored in one of those games despite playing all 6. Of the 5 he played without scoring, we still managed to pick up 5 points from them.

Of our 2 strikers, since he arrived Cisse has been more important in putting points on the board for us.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting as bad as LM but you're the one laughing at Enrique for what he said though it remains true, and at Leazes for what he said after the WBA game last season...though he didn't.

Glass hoozes

I'm laughing at Enrique because he is wrong and we have been up here challenging for a top 6 place all season, even if we do get beaten to 7th by them in the last few games he will still be wrong as we are up there. It just makes it all the more enjoyable that it's his fuck up that is helping us strengthen our chance of staying there.

As for Leazes, I've got no reason to think anyone else is lying about what he said. Maybe he deleted it like he does with his random IRA comments that he aims at Irish posters? Or maybe I don't really care if it's true or not, since he's happy to accuse people of saying all sorts to back up his argument that are simply not true.

So not only would we have had no chance of scoring if he hadn't played but we would have lost against the likes of Villa and Norwich too!

Brilliant logic, you're so smart HF.

HF is the ultimate illogical contrarian. Enrique just lost Liverpool 2 points in the last minute of a match, ensuring we stay ahead of the team he moved to until at least the 31st game of the season in 6th place, where he said we would never challenge for. Today is very much a day for laughing at Enrique.

HF is the ultimate illogical contrarian. Enrique just lost Liverpool 2 points in the last minute of a match, ensuring we stay ahead of the team he moved to until at least the 31st game of the season in 6th place, where he said we would never challenge for. Today is very much a day for laughing at Enrique.

I've got no problem with anyone laughing at Enrique or carroll for their situations.

I'm just saying he was right, agreeing with what you keep telling us. A new policy of not selling your best players during the transfer window and actually adding quality has helped us maintain a push rather than drop down the league.

But as your laughter fades away, the roar of Enrique's laughter continues ("jajajajajajajajajajahahahahahahaha") as he brandishes his shining Carling Cup trophy in your face.

I've got no problem with anyone laughing at Enrique or carroll for their situations.

I'm just saying he was right, agreeing with what you keep telling us. A new policy of not selling your best players during the transfer window and actually adding quality has helped us maintain a push rather than drop down the league.

• 2 weeks later...

a couple of teams will catch NUFC before now and the end of the season. Not sure who, Stoke maybe, but we haven't got a cat in hells chance of qualifying for europe through the league position, especially when another player is sold and the money is pocketed.

Will Alan Pardew be tempted to join another club, that backs their manager, soon ?

Bookmarked.

no reply to this so far ...........

:lol: we discussed it last week man and all questions were answered. However, for the record, there isn't even a question in those posts you daft get.

:lol: we discussed it last week man and all questions were answered. However, for the record, there isn't even a question in those posts you daft get.

discussed it where ? Daft get.

Anybody who knows anything about football, knows an improve and build policy will better a selling club in the longer term, which is the whole point here. I realise you deep down know this, its a shame the 2 forum clowns, and an assorted bunch of other non-matchgoers, don't get it though.

Some people base their whole existence on it, it often leads to loneliness, misery and extreme aggression towards other, you pathetic and utter utter wanker cunt.

Edited by trophyshy

Some people base their whole existence on it, it often leads to loneliness, misery and extreme aggression towards other, you pathetic and utter utter wanker cunt.

Never fails to deliver, this place.

LM, I am baffled, absolutely at a loss for words. Forget all of the history shite and crystal ball stuff for a moment. We've just beat Liverpool two nowt. We're comfortably in 6th. I dont see that changing so I think its pretty safe to say we will finish 6th. That would be our best finish since 2004. We might (though I am actually doubfull as I think Everton will beat Liverpool) get in to Europe through it. Everyone has had their say about what may or may not happen. we've all (yes, you as well) been right a bit and wrong a bit. But here we are.

How the fuck can you not be happy? you go to games, surely you must be enjoying it?

Anybody who knows anything about football, knows an improve and build policy will better a selling club in the longer term, which is the whole point here.

Do you read these posts back to yourself before you click "post"?

Our squad and in particular our first XI is stronger than it was at the start / end of last season, other than at left back.

So that means we've improved and built.

But we've also got £40m for our two top scorers last season.

We've demonstrated that we are a selling club. We've demonstrated that we've improved and built. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Leazes, I'm beginning to think you're getting this whole "being right" thing mildly out of proportion.

mancy boy, I'm beginning to think you're getting this whole obsession with me and not being able to admit that you are wrong, mildy out of proportion.

The lack of response to Gene Clark is shameful, surely you didn't get it so much out of proportion you actually phoned him up ?

The ultimate hypocrisy.