***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

That car analogy is a fucking load of shite, anyone who thinks it reveals anything is an idiot. Am not going to explain any more either, absolutely laughable. "errning a fitba club is just like errning a car". Fuck off man.

Welcome to the mug-club :D;)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about you, Leazes, it was about Ashley. Back off the mic a bit.

it's been about Ashley, and his obvious intentions for the club, for over 4 years now.

Not obvious to everybody though, that much is clear :icon_lol:

Incomparable: Multi million pound business versus frippery

Maybe all clubs should just tell the banks, "Hey, we don't owe you any money really" and stop repaying.

Thats absolute rubbish statement and you know it is but as usual you attempt to back up your argument by not giving anything valid back and coming up some spurious statement. The amounts involved are irrelevant. A million pound to Ashley is probably the equivalent of a £100 to me so everything is relevant. At the end of the day the argument is that buying something "to have fun" (and its clearly not a tenuous statement Chez as it was in numerous interviews with Mort) should mean that you either pay up for that "fun".

See this is the thing for me, he genuinely did buy it to have fun (and ps to flog on at a capital profit at a later date) but largely to play the big spending game and have a hobby in the meantime. Only he found out he wasn't having fun, it wasn't a laugh and he'd paid too much, it owed a lot of money and nobody wanted to buy it off him. That's the reality of it for me. For that reason I have no sympathy for him and he can do one bleating about having to subsidise it, but at the same time you also have to say if nobody does want to subsidise it (meaning a buyer) and clearly nobody else does, then the 'making it pay for itself' standpoint is not massively unreasonable.

This is where a lot of what is said is just cobblers:

"He bought it principally as a vehicle for Sports Direct" - total cobblers, he's tried to sell it at least once because it was tanking and he didnt start 'logo-ing' us up for years. That has now seemingly become a long term thing because theres no buyer wanting us. To be honest while it's totally obvious the areas where he fucks up and fucks us off and we're well within our rights to bawl him out for this, we're delusional if we just keep saying he 'doesn't realise the potential of Newcastle United' because clearly no other billionaire buyer thinks that way either at the moment. Some leveraged chancer might, but they all disappeared when the banks went tits up-along with FCB's entire exit strategy.

Perhaps that wasn't his initial aim, but when you look at how much of the French sportswear market he's planning on taking, is it any coincidence that we have more frenchman/or black african frenchman like Ba, starting for us than Englishmen? I think his plan has evolved over the last two years, to use NUFC as part of a marketing ploy for his business. I really don't care if he signs decent french players rather than English, as long as they're good and they all are. However, the evidence is there for all to see when you add it all up. If he was that keen on showcasing something as an advert to entice big business for the naming rights of the ground, why didn't he ask UNICEF or Cancer Research if they'd like to have naming rights on the ground till a multi million pound offer comes in from big business?

I agree with every word of what you've just said to be clear. What I'm saying is all this cobblers about it being a Sports Direct branding plan from the word go is a load of shit. it's just yet another narrative that's evolved recently with people reverse engineering their recollections of his tenure to try to make it fit. As you say, his plan has evolved/changed I'd say at least once. That for me is the essence of Ashley-total whim. That's because we're not priority for him, (SD is) and it's the fact we're not priority for him is my main objection to the man.

unfortunately, you are - again - only speaking after the event. When this has been said in the past - and quite a while ago - you scorned it, if it wasn't his intention ages ago, how come YOU didn't see it, especially when it was said ?

4th request - do YOU think we will build on this "platform" ? Or are you, true to form, going to see what happens and pretend you knew best all along ?

I can't get to grips with your need for me to answer questions all the time Leazes, I'm simply not arsed to do that with you. I've said before you don't really debate a point properly so theres nowt in it for me.

I'll continue to post my views so you can read them if you want or not, but I won't be doing it in response to you specifically. Said this for a fair while now so you might as well leave it.

That car analogy is a fucking load of shite, anyone who thinks it reveals anything is an idiot. Am not going to explain any more either, absolutely laughable. "errning a fitba club is just like errning a car". Fuck off man.

Is it like owning a Taxi?

Incomparable: Multi million pound business versus frippery

Maybe all clubs should just tell the banks, "Hey, we don't owe you any money really" and stop repaying.

Thats absolute rubbish statement and you know it is but as usual you attempt to back up your argument by not giving anything valid back and coming up some spurious statement. The amounts involved are irrelevant. A million pound to Ashley is probably the equivalent of a £100 to me so everything is relevant. At the end of the day the argument is that buying something "to have fun" (and its clearly not a tenuous statement Chez as it was in numerous interviews with Mort) should mean that you either pay up for that "fun".

See this is the thing for me, he genuinely did buy it to have fun (and ps to flog on at a capital profit at a later date) but largely to play the big spending game and have a hobby in the meantime. Only he found out he wasn't having fun, it wasn't a laugh and he'd paid too much, it owed a lot of money and nobody wanted to buy it off him. That's the reality of it for me. For that reason I have no sympathy for him and he can do one bleating about having to subsidise it, but at the same time you also have to say if nobody does want to subsidise it (meaning a buyer) and clearly nobody else does, then the 'making it pay for itself' standpoint is not massively unreasonable.

This is where a lot of what is said is just cobblers:

"He bought it principally as a vehicle for Sports Direct" - total cobblers, he's tried to sell it at least once because it was tanking and he didnt start 'logo-ing' us up for years. That has now seemingly become a long term thing because theres no buyer wanting us. To be honest while it's totally obvious the areas where he fucks up and fucks us off and we're well within our rights to bawl him out for this, we're delusional if we just keep saying he 'doesn't realise the potential of Newcastle United' because clearly no other billionaire buyer thinks that way either at the moment. Some leveraged chancer might, but they all disappeared when the banks went tits up-along with FCB's entire exit strategy.

Perhaps that wasn't his initial aim, but when you look at how much of the French sportswear market he's planning on taking, is it any coincidence that we have more frenchman/or black african frenchman like Ba, starting for us than Englishmen? I think his plan has evolved over the last two years, to use NUFC as part of a marketing ploy for his business. I really don't care if he signs decent french players rather than English, as long as they're good and they all are. However, the evidence is there for all to see when you add it all up. If he was that keen on showcasing something as an advert to entice big business for the naming rights of the ground, why didn't he ask UNICEF or Cancer Research if they'd like to have naming rights on the ground till a multi million pound offer comes in from big business?

I agree with every word of what you've just said to be clear. What I'm saying is all this cobblers about it being a Sports Direct branding plan from the word go is a load of shit. it's just yet another narrative that's evolved recently with people reverse engineering their recollections of his tenure to try to make it fit. As you say, his plan has evolved/changed I'd say at least once. That for me is the essence of Ashley-total whim. That's because we're not priority for him, (SD is) and it's the fact we're not priority for him is my main objection to the man.

unfortunately, you are - again - only speaking after the event. When this has been said in the past - and quite a while ago - you scorned it, if it wasn't his intention ages ago, how come YOU didn't see it, especially when it was said ?

4th request - do YOU think we will build on this "platform" ? Or are you, true to form, going to see what happens and pretend you knew best all along ?

I can't get to grips with your need for me to answer questions all the time Leazes, I'm simply not arsed to do that with you. I've said before you don't really debate a point properly so theres nowt in it for me.

I'll continue to post my views so you can read them if you want or not, but I won't be doing it in response to you specifically. Said this for a fair while now so you might as well leave it.

you'll continue to blabber on telling us what you think of things after the event ?

Do YOU think we will build on this "platform" ? Go on, nobody will laugh at you if you call it wrong, or are you always going to be the Grey Man ?

what is your re-assessment of Mike Ashley again, since 1st September ?

Is it like owning a Taxi?

oooooooooooooooooooh!!!

Chill out.

answer the question man :icon_lol:

Why don't you answer my questions??

Would YOU consider Europe a success THIS season?

Which clubs, in your opinion, should we be competing with and for what league position??

Simple really???

for the last time, I see the long term not the short term. I don't consider a flash in the pan in terms of league positions to be a "success", and long term success WILL NOT happen while the club sells its best players and pockets the cash.

Get it ?

Why is 7th success for one person and 5th is failure for another ?

Chill out.

Which clubs, in your opinion, should we be competing with and for what league position??

Simple really???

for the last time, I see the long term not the short term. I don't consider a flash in the pan in terms of league positions to be a "success", and long term success WILL NOT happen while the club sells its best players and pockets the cash.

Get it ?

As its relative to where we and other teams are NOW, in the PRESENT, 2011

Get it??

Still didnt answer any questions there grey man

Got to laugh at Leazes' double standards like. He goes off to the pub comes back on the wind-up and calls anybody mocking him for being pissed the equivalent of a shandy drinking poofter. I come back in after a few drinks on the wind-up and suddenly I drink alone. :lol:

anyhoo, stand by most of what my inebriated self said. :dunno:

There never has been a 5 year plan. He's been actively trying to sell the club since he bought it.

You believe that?

Why?

He tried to sell it to the Arabs before we were relegated. Then he tried to sell it 'cut price' when we were relegated. He didn't say anything about selling it last year cause of the world financial downturn which still continues. The naming of the stadium and the oncoming kit sponsorship in his mind makes it more attractive to a buyer as is balancing the books with the Carroll money. We have made the biggest ongoing profit on transfers in the PL over the last few seasons. The financial parsimony is so he doesn't have to put any more money in as he now knows a buyer won't fund and debt and in this way he can get his 'loan' back if the club is self-sufficent ish as the sale premium.

If anybody turned up tomorow with around 250-300m and gave a guarantee the club would pay his loan back 110m or so over coming years the club would change hands in a week.

Edited by Park Life

I marvel at the endless possibilities of arguing about "what if?"

As we're all agreed Ashley's done fuck all worth re-appraisal of his twat status so far, we can only debate these rhetorical bollocks questions about European finishes and 8 figure sponsorship deals. Great fun too.

If he burns a toy Monkey in a mackem strip in the centre circle before the derby, what then?

Chill out.

Simple really???

Get it ?

7th will never be success for me, but Manchester United and Arsenal whether we like it or not will always be a bigger club than we are, Liverpool are massively bankrolled while, Man City and Chelsea were behind us before Abramovic and the Arabs, while Tottenham are the role model for us they've over taken us. The dynamics of the Premiership are totally different to what they were in 2003. So from being the third or fourth club in the pecking order in 2003, Chelsea and Man City have wiped us out the water and Tottenham are a London club on the up. With the external investment in Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool, and the sheer size of Arsenal and Man Utd, even if we had the set we had on paper in 2003, then we'd be vying for the slot of sixth biggest club with Tottenham in their present form at best.

Nobody has said that owning a football club is like owning a car, if you're too thick to realise that then theres nae hope at all. For instance theres no petrol cap on SJP, the wheels came off years ago and if anyhting its a convertible.

Seriously though, its not about it being "like owning a car" its the analogy of a fun plaything being the owners responsiblity to pay the upkeep on. If he'd said he'd bought it as a business and was hoping to make money out of it then frankly that would be different, then you can think fair enough, hes been burnt and wants to get it breaking even. I dont even have a problem with the concept of the club making its own money and him not putting in (even though he promised "20m per season and nothing back in return") its the constant bleating from Derek of "why should Mike have to put his hand in his pocket?"

He should have to dip into his pocket because its his toy.

Chill out.

Simple really???

Get it ?

7th will never be success for me, but Manchester United and Arsenal whether we like it or not will always be a bigger club than we are, Liverpool are massively bankrolled while, Man City and Chelsea were behind us before Abramovic and the Arabs, while Tottenham are the role model for us they've over taken us. The dynamics of the Premiership are totally different to what they were in 2003. So from being the third or fourth club in the pecking order in 2003, Chelsea and Man City have wiped us out the water and Tottenham are a London club on the up. With the external investment in Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool, and the sheer size of Arsenal and Man Utd, even if we had the set we had on paper in 2003, then we'd be vying for the slot of sixth biggest club with Tottenham in their present form at best.

Spot on there

There never has been a 5 year plan. He's been actively trying to sell the club since he bought it.

You believe that?

Why?

He tried to sell it to the Arabs before we were relegated. Then he tried to sell it 'cut price' when we were relegated. He didn't say anything about selling it last year cause of the world financial downturn which still continues. The naming of the stadium and the oncoming kit sponsorship in his mind makes it more attractive to a buyer as is balancing the books with the Carroll money. We have made the biggest ongoing profit on transfers in the PL over the last few seasons. The financial parsimony is so he doesn't have to put any more money in as he now knows a buyer won't fund and debt and in this way he can get his 'loan' back if the club is self-sufficent ish as the sale premium.

If anybody turned up tomorow with around 250-300m and gave a guarantee the club would pay his loan back 110m or so over coming years the club would change hands in a week.

Your repeating a lot of what's reported but there's no evidence he actually wanted to sell.

Quoting the Arabs a ridiculous price and going on the piss rather than turn up to the meeting wasn't exactly wooing a purchaser. Nor asking interested parties to whack an email to him....nor telling them they have to commit to a box in the stadium before getting a meeting.

It's all bollocks man.

Course he might sell for a guaranteed £410m...he could match the Etihad deal for that, but as he'll NEVER get £160m more than he's spent, it's another one of those daft hypotheticals.

Chill out.

Simple really???

Get it ?

As its relative to where we and other teams are NOW, in the PRESENT, 2011

Get it??

Still didnt answer any questions there grey man

I see. Do you also think finishing 2nd or 3rd in 1994-96 [for instance] is superior to winning the title in 1961 [for instance]. What sort of warped thinking do you encompass ?

7th is NOT superior to 5th. End of story. What exactly is your point ?

When Mike Ashley runs this club, without selling our best players, he might get close to doing "better" than his predecessors. I think 7th this season [if it happens] will only be a flash in the pan and will not be sustained. Sorry like, but that is the aim I have, long term rather than short.

You believe that?

Why?

Your repeating a lot of what's reported but there's no evidence he actually wanted to sell.

Quoting the Arabs a ridiculous price and going on the piss rather than turn up to the meeting wasn't exactly wooing a purchaser. Nor asking interested parties to whack an email to him....nor telling them they have to commit to a box in the stadium before getting a meeting.

It's all bollocks man.

Course he might sell for a guaranteed £410m...he could match the Etihad deal for that, but as he'll NEVER get £160m more than he's spent, it's another one of those daft hypotheticals.

I'm not sure what you call 'evidence'? Have you changed your day job to phorensic fbi lab geek?

He has hated owning the club more or less every minute since the KK saga. He's never at SJP during the week and neither is fish face. Pardew might as well live in London.