***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

Can I just say the club doesn't owe Mike Ashley any fucking money. I bought a car for £2,500 I have spent lets say for arguments sake £1,000 on petrol and servicing and such. Does the car owe me money? No cos it's my fucking car if I didn't want to spend money on it I shouldn't have bought the fucker. I also don't expect to make all my money back on it either. However if I had bought a bentley or ferarri at a knackers yard and spent say £10,000 pound on it doing it up the car still wouldn't owe me any fucking money but because I had returned a past great car to glory I could look forward to making money on it. Not however if I had been conned into paying three times what the original car was worth however. But that would have been my fault and I should learn to live with it not bleat on about it all the time.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

( /leazesmode on) I said this in another thread on here as a response to tecato where he said the same thing, that we owed him shitloads. You pay for the club, then thats the value of the club, not something the club in turn owes you. The club isnt free. The price you pay is the value of the club, no matter what you pay. You cant buy a club for 5 quid then say " no the club is only worth 2 so it owes me 3".

Edited by Saltwater

What bugs me is people in my view care more than they've been proven right someone else proven wrong, than how much they actually care about the team winning football matches. I can just imagine someone like Baggio after a 4-1 home win against Chelsea, "what did I say 4 years ago :D what did I say???!?!" "No-one cares what you said ya daft cunt".

Ive come to this conclusion too. Beyond bothered about "true ambitions" etc, I just live on a match-to-match basis. Way easier that way, have a pint, cheer your team, fuck the politics. We are not gonna solve time travel by zipping coke on a forum anyway.

What bugs me is people in my view care more than they've been proven right someone else proven wrong, than how much they actually care about the team winning football matches. I can just imagine someone like Baggio after a 4-1 home win against Chelsea, "what did I say 4 years ago :D what did I say???!?!" "No-one cares what you said ya daft cunt".

:lol:

Aye, good point like. Bairns mentality for a bairns board. Wish it could all be kept over there but sadly not.

He does have a point tbf though.

Which is why nobody has even tried to debate the points in the opening post.

The squad we have now is the best group of players we've had in years and is far superior to the one we had when he bought the club, the reason nobody was worried about any of the big clubs stealing our players back then is because they were not good enough.

We had Nobby Solano attempting to fill in at right back for the always injured Carr, a selection of Babayaro, Edgar and Huntington fighting it out for the left back spot with Bramble, Taylor, Craig Moore and Gooch as our centre backs with Peter Ramage thrown somewhere in there for good measure.

Who out of that current squad would walk into our first team? I've said Given and Milner at best and I think picking Given would be debatable.

Is that improving the squad?

Of course it is.

so where is the Director of Football that you championed ?

Your opening post is bollocks, its took 4 years for you to post this, and its nothing more than a flash in the pan, Alan Pardew has done a good job with his hands tied behind his back, but it doesn't surprise me because I posted on NO about 4 years ago that he was a good manager.

This appointment is more by luck than design. This is also the 3rd or 4th time I've said this on here too, but he will eventually leave Newcastle for one of two reasons.

1. He will become frustrated by the lack of ambition and losing his best players and voice this frustration in public, in private or both

2. He will be sacked for not qualifying for europe and gaining consistent high league positions despite seeing his best players sold and having to replace them on the cheap.

In either case, it is more than possible he will be poached by a club who actually shows ambition and allows him some backing and a free hand to do the job ie Stoke, Wigan, Bolton etc.

You're showing how sad you are by coming back after all this time to say all of this, and even more so by being completely taken in by a good set of results against lower league opposition which will not be sustained long term, because the club is not set up to achieve long term good results, only short term financial gain for the benefit of Sports Direct.

One last point too.....we were relegated under Mike Ashley, his players and not the ones you say were "inferior", and the system you advocated.

Edited by LeazesMag

( /leazesmode on) I said this in another thread on here as a response to tecato where he said the same thing, that we owed him shitloads. You pay for the club, then thats the value of the club, not something the club in turn owes you. The club isnt free. The price you pay is the value of the club, no matter what you pay. You cant buy a club for 5 quid then say " no the club is only worth 2 so it owes me 3".

You're obsessed with me, aren't you? Scaring me a little.

As I even told you in that thread, it was the context that Leazes used the phrase "pocketing cash" that I wasn't agreeing with. I said if he's taking cash from the club, it's probably to service this complex 'debt' that the club has (which was his fault). As opposed to him simply taking money ouf the club irregardless of any debt situation, which is what I think some people believe is the truth despite being unable to prove it.

Can I just say the club doesn't owe Mike Ashley any fucking money. I bought a car for £2,500 I have spent lets say for arguments sake £1,000 on petrol and servicing and such. Does the car owe me money? No cos it's my fucking car if I didn't want to spend money on it I shouldn't have bought the fucker. I also don't expect to make all my money back on it either. However if I had bought a bentley or ferarri at a knackers yard and spent say £10,000 pound on it doing it up the car still wouldn't owe me any fucking money but because I had returned a past great car to glory I could look forward to making money on it. Not however if I had been conned into paying three times what the original car was worth however. But that would have been my fault and I should learn to live with it not bleat on about it all the time.

exactly

Aye, good point like. Bairns mentality for a bairns board. Wish it could all be kept over there but sadly not.

unfortunately, even a bairn can admit when they get something spectacularly wrong, and even give an opinion now and again.

Do YOU think the club will build on this "good platform" ? [2nd request]

Edited by LeazesMag

He does have a point tbf though.

Which is why nobody has even tried to debate the points in the opening post.

The squad we have now is the best group of players we've had in years and is far superior to the one we had when he bought the club, the reason nobody was worried about any of the big clubs stealing our players back then is because they were not good enough.

We had Nobby Solano attempting to fill in at right back for the always injured Carr, a selection of Babayaro, Edgar and Huntington fighting it out for the left back spot with Bramble, Taylor, Craig Moore and Gooch as our centre backs with Peter Ramage thrown somewhere in there for good measure.

Who out of that current squad would walk into our first team? I've said Given and Milner at best and I think picking Given would be debatable.

Is that improving the squad?

Of course it is.

You do realise that because he's banned from N-O we're forced to have this recurring diatribe on here, despite practically nobody on here participating in the argument at all. This is pure N-O this, it's nowt to do with Toontastic, so please keep it over there.

We've got a good first team (not squad), we've got players that want to be here and we're competing now in 2012. We're happy about that without being delusional about the strengths and weaknesses. Fuck 2007 because its irrelevant.

Exactly, fuck off back to the kids board where you belong Baggio.

:icon_lol:

Edited by LeazesMag

A bairn also has the capacity to forget they were right and move on to other things.

''The historian looks backward, eventually he also believes backwards'' - Joey Barton

exactly

Hhhmm agreeing with Leazes :scratchhead:

A bairn also has the capacity to forget they were right and move on to other things.

''The historian looks backward, eventually he also believes backwards'' - Joey Barton

I'm only replying to posters like manc mag. If I don't reply, posters like Fish and JAysouthernmag ask me why I haven't responded ?

In fact, I've asked mancmag the same question twice today.......

You're obsessed with me, aren't you? Scaring me a little.

As I even told you in that thread, it was the context that Leazes used the phrase "pocketing cash" that I wasn't agreeing with. I said if he's taking cash from the club, it's probably to service this complex 'debt' that the club has (which was his fault). As opposed to him simply taking money ouf the club irregardless of any debt situation, which is what I think some people believe is the truth despite being unable to prove it.

:lol: Not quite yet, but warming to the thought!

Well, you cant prove that he doesnt do it either ( other than the finances which no doubt have been cooked to the point of meat falling off the bones). Fruitless discussion though, I see what you mean - but why and what for he withdraws his money is probably not the issue here - rather the lack of investment when people see 50 mill coming in, and 5 mill going out. Rest of the money might well be in the club - but we arent seeing it spent - so it might as well be gone..

I don't even see how my post was asking for a "reply"

do YOU think we will build on this "platform" and attempt to go higher ?

Give us the benefit of your wisdom :icon_lol: nobody will laugh at you if you end up being wrong [3rd request]

Well, you cant prove that he doesnt do it either

Exactly. That was my point. No-one can prove these things beyond all doubt yet certain members of this board choose to believe one thing or another as long as it suits their agenda.

Why we get involved in this I have no idea. These are circular arguments that will never end unless something drastic happens outside of our control. No-one on here, in the pub or in the stands is likely going to be swayed by the arguments of someone else. As he's this board's most profile target - what do people get out of arguing with Leazes so much? You're not going to change his mind, and the same goes for his arguments in the other direction.

Im not arguing with him. I think alot of what he says makes sense, but in the 2 months Ive been active here on this forum Ive gathered enough to see that everything becomes a pissing contest in regards to who said what when and where. Who the fuck cares.

As long as we stay somewhat injury free like we have up until now - touch wood - then we have an exciting team of decent players. Lets just look forward to getting maiga and another body in january whilst hopefully losing nobody of interest. First though, dining in manchester.

unfortunately, even a bairn can admit when they get something spectacularly wrong, and even give an opinion now and again.

Do YOU think the club will build on this "good platform" ? [2nd request]

But sadly a grown man can't stop endlessly repeating the "I'm right and always will be" mantra that you spew out with Tourette's -like regularity.

You're as bad as them, if not worse.

I'm only replying to posters like manc mag. If I don't reply, posters like Fish and JAysouthernmag ask me why I haven't responded ?

In fact, I've asked mancmag the same question twice today.......

Correction, you don't answer posts where you can't use your stock responses. Fuck, you won't even answer if you think getting into the Europa league this season will constitute success

exactly

Hhhmm agreeing with Leazes :scratchhead:

Don't worry about it, your argument/analogy was seriously flawed and utter bollocks, that's why he agreed, probably.

Maybe the Greek PM should try a similar argument with the Eurozone

YOHAN CABAYE sees no reason why Newcastle United cannot remain in the top four after the next two tough Premier League encounters – despite facing champions Manchester United and title contenders Chelsea.

I wish I shared your enthusiasm about the next 2 games Yohan but it's nice to know such a quality player has faith in the current team.

A top quality signing that totally transformed the team. :nufc: