Manchester United v Newcastle United

McFaul

I can't ever remember going to Old Trafford other than FACSF's thinking we might actually win here, even under Keegan, but I honestly truthfully believe we have a chance. The likelyhood is we'll lose 1-0 or 2-0, but I tell you what if we get the run of the ball anything could happen, because we are solid enough to keep them out for long periods. If Man Utd play as poorly as they did against Benfica we have every chance. Tiote missing is a big blow, but there's a lot to be optimistic about, even Obertan returning perhaps he can shock us all by proving a point at this old stomping ground* . Howay the toon.

* I hate that saying

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never expected anything at all from OT, like you say even including throughout the Keegan era, but if anyone's due something there it's us as we've had to watch as even the minnows have gone there in the past and beat them. We're playing them at a relatively 'good' time and that's all we can ask, the rest is up to us to go and make a game of it and want it more than they do. Tiote is a blow but then this isn't the first match he's missed so his absence doesn't of itself create a problem. Needs massive displays from the key men just to even avoid conceding early, but if you can avoid that then anything is possible.

Never expected anything at all from OT, like you say even including throughout the Keegan era, but if anyone's due something there it's us as we've had to watch as even the minnows have gone there in the past and beat them. We're playing them at a relatively 'good' time and that's all we can ask, the rest is up to us to go and make a game of it and want it more than they do. Tiote is a blow but then this isn't the first match he's missed so his absence doesn't of itself create a problem. Needs massive displays from the key men just to even avoid conceding early, but if you can avoid that then anything is possible.

Boro beat them there 2 or 3 times in five years, and I remember one game they were 1-3 up at half time. It's a bogey team and a bogey ground for us, but let them worry about us, no point in worrying about them because if you think too much about what quality they have you'll end up a quivering wreck, and they're no where near their best right now.

Not sure it's a bogey team like as we've beaten them at SJP a respectable few times, we've just always shat ourselves going to OT/never had players up for the sort of fight you need to win in their back yard. Spot on though in saying you can't go there pre-occupied with their quality (beyond in a strategic sense) as you've already lost the game if that's your mentality. We should go there feeling we can cause them some serious problems and lets see what they do about that when we do.

i can't see anything but a home win this weekend. man u are the masters of picking up three points even when they're not playing that well. and they almost always beat us at home. we've only picked up two points out of the last ten visits there.

i can't see anything but a home win this weekend. man u are the masters of picking up three points even when they're not playing that well. and they almost always beat us at home. we've only picked up two points out of the last ten visits there.

"Newcastle v Mansfield FA Cup 3rd Round January 2006

Dr Gloom: Well given our injury crisis and the fact that it'll be the wrong type of rain, and too much pressure on Shearer to equal the record, I fear a draw is the best we can hope for, keep it tight away and we may sneak through on penalties".

Agree we should have a go and it's as good a chance as we've had in a long time there but a draw would be fantastic. They've won every home game bar the Citeh one.

BBC football pundit Mark Lawrenson has predicted that Newcastle United will lose 2-0 to Manchester United.

Hardly a surprise – but sometimes a Lawro prediction is a good omen for us. Can we get anything at Old Trafford?

He told BBC Sport Online: “Another tough game for Newcastle after they were beaten at Manchester City last weekend and another test for Manchester United’s defence.

“After they were thrashed by Manchester City, Sir Alex Ferguson locked up the back four and they managed a run of clean sheets but the mistakes returned in the midweek draw with Benfica.

“Rio Ferdinand was poor again and David de Gea made a bad decision with his feet which is the first time we’ve seen that – he’s only made handling errors in the past.

“So that is a worry and I wonder if Ferguson is considering giving Anders Lindegaard a run in goal, who has looked a very solid keeper.

“But I expect Wayne Rooney to be fit to play and United to get the job done.

“Prediction: 2-0.”

How does he categorically know Rooney will be fit?

Does anyone know where Rooney lives? Me and manc-mag could go round with a pair of foghorns, he'll be unavailable for the game due to 'fatigue'.

Take a toy parrot and some Kentucky.

I'll take me gran

I said chicken man not turkey. ;)

I remember going there and getting a 0-0. Georgiadis played that day. Thats all I really remember.

I'd honestly forgotten that he ever existed till you mentioned him there. All I remember of him is him playing in a European game (I think).

Scored with his cock against Everton in the FACQF 4-1 win that's my only memory of him.

I remember going there and getting a 0-0. Georgiadis played that day. Thats all I really remember.

That is the last time I went there for a league game, was on a Sunday had the Saturday in Blackpool. Paul Dalglish missed an absolute sitter to win it in the last minute.

I'd honestly forgotten that he ever existed till you mentioned him there. All I remember of him is him playing in a European game (I think).

Scored with his cock against Everton in the FACQF 4-1 win that's my only memory of him.

Had a canny tan when he arrived but looked practically grey by that match.

We've had a few draws down there down the years as it happens, even when we've been shite. Was it under Souness or Roeder when we drew 0-0 and Jenas hit the bar?

Had a canny tan when he arrived but looked practically grey by that match.

We've had a few draws down there down the years as it happens, even when we've been shite. Was it under Souness or Roeder when we drew 0-0 and Jenas hit the bar?

Robson. Woodgate played his best game for the toon that night, and we should've had a penalty as well Barthez just kicked Shearer over and the ref gave him fuck all.