Newcastle v Chelsea Sat 3rd Dec, 12.45pm - Sold out!

ChezGiven

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like an attempt from J69 to have a point of view when he hasn't got one for me.

:lol:

You are the worst culprit for encouraging him. He genuinely thinks he is the voice of the fans cos he was on the radio once and then got a mention in the daily star! I'm just waiting for him to turn up outside the ground on SSN when Tiote gets flogged in January!

Would be better than Steve Wraith.

Doesn't have anything to do with Gary or his time at the club though? Was he religious or a fan of hymns?

Guess I would just prefer something a bit more personal to do with his time here

He was manager of Wales. Bread of Heaven is basically the unofficial Welsh anthem. The fans on Saturday couldn't sing the official national anthem Land of my Fathers (as it's in Welsh).

Seems like a nice attempt from the club tbh.

Seems like an attempt from J69 to have a point of view when he hasn't got one for me. I think Bread of Heaven is the perfect gesture. He was a proud Welshman, and it'll bring emotions to the fore.

I was waiting for your dig.

God forbid I should have an opinion on something. There seems to be some unwritten rule that because we are talking about someone's death we must not question anything, ever.

I didnt realise it was that popular in Wales so that probably explains it.

You never seen Wales at home in the rugby? All these big 18st ginger people get up and sing it like they mean it. Quite moving really, the Welsh might be shite at most things but they sing better than we do.

Different race innit.

Seems like an attempt from J69 to have a point of view when he hasn't got one for me.

:lol:

You are the worst culprit for encouraging him. He genuinely thinks he is the voice of the fans cos he was on the radio once and then got a mention in the daily star! I'm just waiting for him to turn up outside the ground on SSN when Tiote gets flogged in January!

Would be better than Steve Wraith.

He's just a wet

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/02/01/the-text-messages-between-steve-wraith-and-andy-carroll/

Happy with a point here. We are a midtable-team overachieving :lol:

Dunno like, we have some very capable players and were unbeaten in the league until 2 games ago. Hardly mid table plodders.

Your post will be more relevant at the end of the january transfer window though.

Aye, anyone expecting to beat Chelsea is going overboard. A draw would be a good result. They'll be looking to bounce back.

Aye but a home win is marginally more likely than an away in my eyes. If Chelsea lose they've got Man City home the next week, that could be it for Villas Lobos.

The gestures by the club are spot on IMO.

The cynic in me can't help but wonder how happy they are that the fans will be too respectful of Speed to make a fuss about the stadium name....or if they do, it won't be the top story of fan involvement on the day.

The prick in me can't help but wonder how happy they are that the fans will be too respectful of Speed to make a fuss about the stadium name....or if they do, it won't be the top story of fan involvement on the day.

You're really plunging the depths there, pathetic in a way.

The cynic in me can't help but wonder how happy they are that the fans will be too respectful of Speed to make a fuss about the stadium name....or if they do, it won't be the top story of fan involvement on the day.

Even if I thought it I wouldn't have said that like.

The prick in me can't help but wonder how happy they are that the fans will be too respectful of Speed to make a fuss about the stadium name....or if they do, it won't be the top story of fan involvement on the day.

You're really plunging the depths there, pathetic in a way.

“You guys don’t ­understand how f****** ­horrible we can be.”

Even if it were true, there'll be plenty of time for the fans to protest. The stadium isn't going to be demolished and we're playing all our home games there.

I don't think we will protest at all. And I don't think we would have on Saturday. There'll just be a bit of singing about St James Park. Can't know if Bobby Robson would have got an opera singer and an East Stand salute if he'd died during the season, but I'm not the first to express surprise at the extent of the official plans for paying respect to Speed.

Edited by Happy Face