Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Anita is doubtful, we have to assume he's not going to make it.

Back four pretty much picks itself, other than the full back situation. We could go with any combination of Santon + Ferguson / Tavernier / Perch, but none of them really fill me with any confidence. The need for Perch in midfield (IMHO) probably means we'll have to go with one of the other two.

In midfield, I reckon Perch, Tiote and Bigi sit in front of the back four, with a front three of Obertan, Marveaux and Cisse.

A further option would be to play Shola and Cisse together, but I fear we'd be over run in midfield, especially if Obertan and Marveaux both start.

If Anita is fit, we have a few more options, but we'll just have to wait and see. I bet our bench is weak as piss though!

Who knows? I'm not expecting much to be honest - a draw would do for now.

True you boys are certainly having a rough patch - but with an even thinner back 4 than usual and our main goalscorer off the squad sheet tonight this really could be anyones game.

A real test of that 'fight and spirit' people like to throw around when the quality just isn't quite there!

Cisse, time to step up and reclaim your number 9.

The boy never lost it, he just got moved out sideways while Fat Mike put Ba in the shop window. With Cissé playing back in an advanced central role again he'll start scoring no worries.

Newcastle: Krul; Perch, Williamson, Coloccini ©, Santon; Tiote, Anita; Cisse, Marveaux, Obertan; Shola Ameobi. Subs: Elliot, Ferguson, Tavernier, Abeid, Bigirimana, Sammy Ameobi, Ranger.

Everton: Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Distin, Jagielka, Pienaar, Osman, Neville, Fellaini, Naismith, Jelavic. Subs: Mucha, Oviedo, Hitzlsperger, Anichebe, Gueye, Vellios, Duffy.