Gary Speed - Rest in peace

@yourservice

Fair play to Bellamy for withdrawing from the Liverpool squad, head mustn't be in the right place.

And to Given aswell, just goes to show the way which people respond to such a tragic and unexpected event can be completely different.

yea heard it earlier when i woke up and caught the middle of the swansea game they mentioned it. sad rip speed was a great player score some cracking goals. i know this may be to early to say but why did he do it i dont get it.

It's put me on a bit of a downer today, such a class bloke, dead down to earth, Howard Wilkinson was saying he had more ability than most footballers, and more humility than any of them. Contrast him with Joey Barton, an utter self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual prick, who has just chosen to call Speed selfish on twitter on a day like today.

Contrast him with Joey Barton, an utter self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual prick, who has just chosen to call Speed selfish on twitter on a day like today.

What a total wanker, how do you change your name on here?

Contrast him with Joey Barton, an utter self-absorbed pseudo-intellectual prick, who has just chosen to call Speed selfish on twitter on a day like today.

What a total wanker, how do you change your name on here?

The mods can do it.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Suicide is a mix of the most tragic, most selfish, most terrible (and I want to believe preventable) acts out there.

I'm stunned anyone would be so thick to use that word on a day like today. Absolute attention seeking arsehole, always hated him me, he's a prick.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Have the media in this country got no morals at all? A family torn apart and already the vultures are looking 4 a story!! Despicable if true

1 hour ago

One of the most consistent professionals of our generation, gone in a flash. Tragic. #RIPSpeedo

To be fair to Barton...

Gutted about this anyway, only found out 10 mins ago :(

You always get plenty of people being ignorant (not malicious) about suicide, to be fair. Some people just look at it at face value and don't initially consider the reasons behind it. Again, it's just ignorance.

Poor form to criticise Barton for that when he's - as said above - said a number of good and respectful things about Speed on his Twitter.

nice of you to edit out the "grow up" part there (unbelievable) teccers ;)

but aye lets everyone be nice to Joey "one more chance please" Barton for having the temerity to judge one of the nicest blokes and best pros to grace the premier league while its still the very day of his death

but aye lets everyone be nice to Joey "one more chance please" Barton for having the temerity to judge one of the nicest blokes and best pros to grace the premier league while its still the very day of his death

Once again, there's a difference between calling the man selfish and calling the act selfish. And again, he's just being ignorant like so many others when it comes to suicide. People always judge suicides when they shouldn't without knowing all the facts. Either way he said a bunch of nice things and it's sad that you're ignoring and disrespecting them.

I edited out "grow up" because it would be crass of me to have a go at someone else on a day like this. Although that's exactly what you're doing towards Barton. Any excuse to have a go.

Once again, there's a difference between calling the man selfish and calling the act selfish. And again, he's just being ignorant like so many others when it comes to suicide. People always judge suicides when they shouldn't without knowing all the facts. Either way he said a bunch of nice things and it's sad that you're ignoring and disrespecting them.

I edited out "grow up" because it would be crass of me to have a go at someone else on a day like this. Although that's exactly what you're doing towards Barton. Any excuse to have a go.

aye fair enough, its annoyed me tbh because this is Joey Barton, the bloke who wants chance after chance for his misbehaviour and should know well enough about sticking things out there without knowing all the facts since he doesnt want folk to judge him either