Gary Speed - Rest in peace

@yourservice

• 2 years later...

Yeah get fucked essenbee you total cunt, don't use a dead man for a cheap jibe.

I think the club should do more tbh, something should happen on the 5th year if only to raise awareness of mental health.

• 7 months later...

I don't think we got, and will never get the real scoop on what triggered his suicide be it accidental or on purpose..

His job with Wales was apparently going well and I couldn't see that being a factor in regards to depression.

I think it had to be in his personal life at home that played a part in what happened. We know he had a tiff with his wife and she left the house that night and it was never fully explained what the issue was.

• 4 months later...

Five years ago now. Still doesn't seem or feel right, such a loss to the footballing world. I just cannot imagine what his friends/family are still going through.

It was such a shock at the time, I found out on twitter and I think I had to read the tweet about 10 times for it to register what it meant.

He was a lovely man and a top quality professional.

5 years and its still difficult to digest. Came across as such as a lovely bloke. Proper stalwart in midfield for us as well for so many years. Remember that absolute belter of a goal away at Birmingham in particular :D

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 3 months later...