Mike Ashley approval rating

Happy Face

Mike Ashley approval ratings  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no. like the team and performances and he must take some of the credit but still hate the twat (mind i hate Dekka more)

I don't see how we can give him credit for the team's perfomances.

He's not a deep-thinking footballing visionary, he didn't see something in Pardew that everyone else missed. He appointed his mate and he got lucky with it. I'll give him no credit for that.

34-2 thus far.

1 of whom doesn't even post on this board anymore, the other being unaccounted for.

And yet how much time do you spend on here banging on about people bumming Ashley? Cheers, you're doing the board a massive service. Wake the fuck up, man!

Good thread btw HF! :up:

I reckon you'd get the same result on N-O. Nee fucker (in his right mind) likes Ashley. Everyone knows he and Dekka are reprehensible, slimy scum who lie with every word and think we're thick Geordie bastards. They have no redeeming qualities.

The question is whether he's been a net positive or negative for the club. I think it's apparent to basically anyone who loves this club that Ashley is essentially a petulant chancer who gambles constantly on the club's future. Even removing the debate over whether he's just using us as free advertising for Sports Direct, the fact remains that he has no cohesive plan and is just rolling the dice. It has failed him before. For now, it seems to be working, and long may it continue, because confidence and enjoyment are at a high we hadn't thought to see again for some time. But a few good results shouldn't obscure the basic problem we've always had with Ashley: there's no predicting what he's going to do next, and it probably isn't going to be good news.

We were doing fine under KK - Ashley's puppet Wise undermined him. We were doing fine under Hughton - Ashley and Dekka contrived to remove him in favour of Pardew. Now we're doing great under Pardew - how long until something happens that will screw that up? Ashley has no plan for sustained success and never has. He's just gambling again, seeing how long his luck will last, seeing how many idiotic blunders he can make before it all goes pear-shaped again. He's on quite a streak at the moment - sacking Hughton, selling Carroll without spending the money, letting Enrique go without replacing him, letting Barton go for free, not buying another striker in the summer (in fact, spending none of the Carroll money at all), trying to rename a piece of history. But it won't last.

If that's the kind of person you think is going to bring this club lasting success, you deserve whatever you get, tbh. Ashley is both odious as a person and terrible for this club, and us fluking a top 6 finish or getting to a cup final won't change that. Only sustained investment will, and you'd be better off whistling for it.