Guest CabayeAye

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's all heart that bloke.

He was half hearted for us

(you set em up and I'll knock em in)

I suppose aorta respond but I need arrest.

Have a heart, don't put more puns in that vein in circulation

ON SMB regarding if they get O'Neill:

It will be europe or the Fa cup final this season...

If you've worked amongst mackems and know them, you know they're like homeless Vietnamese about 1968, the drift around and they talk about a better life, but they know everyone around them like their neighbours in Thailand have a better life, how they're perceived will never change.

There might be the odd comment "we'll do this and that", but truthfully deep inside mackems I see them, the most deluded they've ever been is before the 5-1, I think they all to a man thought they had a better team and genuinely for the first time in 30 odd years come here and not only win but win well. The same day I said we'd win 6-1. I've never known one mackem be more deluded than that.

Deep down ALL ANY MACKEM wants, and I must stress this, the fact they all know this deep in their soul. For mackems it's not about being in the Champions League or Europe or people around the country perceiving them as a progressive well supported club, what it's about and ANY mackem can deny this but in their heart they know it's the one truth they'll take to their grave, is coming above Neuuuuuuuuuuwcasul. That is it. They know they'll never get top players, a top manager, be well known globally because of the essence of who they are as mackems and a city. That is a place which has been downtrodden for 400 years, and the gap is getting even wider. So don't believe any mackem thinks they'll get Hiddink or even someone we'd consider shit like Mark Hughes, they know who they are, and they know what they want. To come place above us, that's why I pity them, and that's why I feel sorry for Steave Brewce.

Edited by McFaul

We have a far superior squad at the present moment. Unless there is significant change in the squads, it doesn't matter who they get, we will finish above them not only this season but quite a few. It's not even up for debate and any Mackem who deludes him/herself to think otherwise is a tool. We are better in every department and apart from Sessegnon and Bendtner (as it happens, doesn't even belong to them), none of their players would get in our first 11.

Actually...on a serious note, I would agree that your starting 11 are superior however I would say ours has far more depth.

If any of your key players are injured, you would be struggling to replace them from the bench: cabaye and tiote for example. If they get injured, you're left really thin on the ground.

Tiote hasnt played for 3 games. Won one, drawn one, lost one. Canny enough, considering the opposition. Pardew is a bit like Sir Bobby in the way you can actually see how he has improved certain players, Danny Guthrie being the most improved.

Was watching the telly while doing some work last night and the Newcastle vs Chelsea match @ St James' from last season came on - the one where Carroll poached the early goal from their misplaced back-pass, final score 1-1 - and Danny Guthrie looked a completely different player. He was slow, lazy and not involved, looked to be carrying a lot more pudge as well. He's really surprised me with his application over the past few games, long may it continue. I think his contract may be up with us next year, so hopefully he just hasn't turned it on for that. He's only 24 so has quite a few years left and a new contract for him I think would be a decent option. Reminds me a little Milner in the way that he's playing now in that he's not particularly great at anything but gets stuck in, covers plenty of ground and plays the percentages for the most part. Probably on 1/6th of Milner's wage as well.

I don't think he has.

I have. What am I missing?

A chromosome.

That could be said about most of your fans aswell!

I'm quite realistic about my team to be fair. I'm no deluded. I didn't think we'd win the derby and I don't go into games thinking we'll win by a landslide victory either.

Thing is, you can't blame our fans for wanting more. We've had our yo-yo seasons and have firmly set ourselves in the premiership now. That's all mackems want. To think we are only bothered about finishing above you is frankly stupid. The majority of us couldn't care less. It's our own clubs progression we are bothered about.

And football wasnt invented in 1992 you know. Which unfortunately alot of Newcastle fans seem to think.

I applaud Pardew and your club for what you've done! But we are also allowed to want more and hope for better things!

I hear mags spouting that they are gonna win the league this season! If that's not delusion, I don't know what is!

Mags at work? :lol: That last line is either complete patter or you're too daft to realise when you're being wound up. As for Bruce, he had to go as he'd lost the players and the fans. Mission accomplished, return to base.

I don't think he has.

I have. What am I missing?

A chromosome.

To think we are only bothered about finishing above you is frankly stupid. The majority of us couldn't care less. It's our own clubs progression we are bothered about.

And football wasnt invented in 1992 you know. Which unfortunately alot of Newcastle fans seem to think.

Fucking do one. If you came 16th every year and we came 17th you'd be building statues of your manager on Foowusut Streat.

Why do mackems come out with this, fair enough you're technically not a mackem in South Shields, but FIRMLY within their territory, why do you say "tho-as mag seam ta theenk futbarl was invented in 92"? Why? We were better supported than you then, and if you take our best average gate of the 80's it's a lot closer to our average gate now, than your best in the 80's is to yours now. Pathetic man. A scab of a club and that's harsh on scabs, that's not being bigoted it's stating facts.

wonder what would have happened if he had kept his best players and not replaced them with cheaper inferior replacements ?

A warning there for those who think we are going down the right road....

wonder what would have happened if he had kept his best players and not replaced them with cheaper inferior replacements ?

As much as Ashley and Llambias need to get out of this city, I'd rather have Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon and Ba, than Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique for differing reasons like. Those four that left brought in £46m and the four that came in cost £9m, and they're better players in my eyes. I don't think it's about the money spent or brought in but more to do with the ability of the players concerned.

Since it's obviously an allusion to NUFC, which replacements have been inferior? I can only think of Enrique who has arguably not been replaced / the jury is still out on Santon.

As much as Ashley and Llambias need to get out of this city, I'd rather have Cabaye, Marveaux, Santon and Ba, than Carroll, Nolan, Barton and Enrique for differing reasons like. Those four that left brought in £46m and the four that came in cost £9m, and they're better players in my eyes. I don't think it's about the money spent or brought in but more to do with the ability of the players concerned.

Spot on tbh, although Santon over Enrique? I'd rather have both like ;)