Steven Taylor is out for the season

Ayatollah Hermione

We have missed him massively since Xmas. Williamson is getting worse by the week. Taylor was a rock the first ten games and took a lot of pressure off midfield along with Colo.

totally agree. Don't know whether i was being blind beforehand, but it was only when the injury occurred and the subsequent leaking of goals that I realised how valuable he is. We need to invest in a young CB in summer though. Someone of Santon's age and potential, who will give Colo and Saylor the shade of a shadow, as much as they work well together.

All the local journos up here reckon Remi Streete ? will break through into the first team squad this summer and will be heavily involved in pre season.

They seem to have very high hopes for him.

aYE, and they aren't the only ones - literally just been to Morrisons on Shields road and this elderly man who seemed to be pissed mortal was asking people outside if they'd heard of Remi Streete... then i came back to read your post. fucking weird.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im trying to buy his jersey but all the companies in America seem out of extra large i think im too tall and fat lol. I really cant wait till hes back. i think we would be in the top 4 if he never got injured, or maybe im being delusional.

Probably the latter. It's just that WIllo makes him look like Franz Beckenbauer

yeah your probably right :D

• 2 weeks later...

Taylors latest blog

What an afternoon it was up here on Sunday as Liverpool came to our place and left with nothing.

As displays go, it was a brilliant all-round team performance, and that team spirit which you saw out there on the pitch has got us where we are today.

Liverpool had a couple of chances early on, but it could have been three or four for us and we looked very comfortable all the way through the game.

The gaffer touched upon it after the game but the likes of Willo and Perch at the back were fantastic. And they needed to be with the attack that Liverpool have got - players like Andy Carroll, Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez and Craig Bellamy.

But we kept them very quiet and they were almost non-existent.

We played to our strengths, it was as simple as that. The midfield were maganificent, with Yohan Cabaye, Cheick and Danny Guthrie all dominating, and what a job Jonas has done at left-back recently.

Obviously two goals from Papiss has seen him grab most of the headlines, and he is phenomenal talent - a pure goal-machine. You see it in training as well - you put the ball anywhere in the box and he seems to get the perfect little flick on the ball. Even if he scuffs it, it ends up in the top corner!

What people don't realise though is that Papiss is a very strong lad as well who can hold the ball up, and it's difficult for defenders to play against him. He's got that presence about him, is solid and hard to shift. He makes a defender's job very hard, as Liverpool found out to their cost.

There's only seven games left now and we are all very positive about them. Hopefully we can keep the performances up, get a few more wins and achieve our target of qualifying for the Europa League.

Everything is looking good at the moment and long may it continue. We aren't looking down now - we only want to look up, keep going and see where we can get to.

As for me, I just wish I was out there rather than kicking my heels on the bench. Games like Liverpool on Sunday are what you want to be a part of - the same as matches against Chelsea, Arsenal and teams like that.

You want to be involved in them, in front of 52,000 fans, an amazing, electric atmosphere, and I'm just devastated sitting on the sidelines and screaming the lads on rather than playing.

But my comeback is going well. I'm on schedule and my main focus is on pre-season. As long as I come back in good shape for that then I will be happy.

I think I will probably be starting running in about a month or so, but at the moment it is all about strength work and then the work load will follow after that.

I've done some punditry and media work in recent weeks, but that will all ease off between now and the end of the season.

My fitness is my main focus. There's no more media for me - that's on hold right now - I just want to concentrate on getting fit. I'm on long days at the Training Centre, starting at 7.30am and not leaving until about 4pm.

That takes it out of you, but I know I'm only going to get fitter and stronger. It's three or four sessions a day and I will benefit massively from that. It's what I need and I've got a great medical team behind me.

I'm on long days at the Training Centre, starting at 7.30am and not leaving until about 4pm.

Heart bleeds like. :lol:

:lol: Must be tough, chefs on hand to cook owt you want to eat during that time in all.

I'm on long days at the Training Centre, starting at 7.30am and not leaving until about 4pm.

Heart bleeds like. :lol:

:lol: Aye, I picked Mohameddy up today from Sunderlands training centre and the sleet was lashing down. I gave him a sympatheic look and said have you been outside in this. He said yes and looked very sorry for himself. I then remembered what he gets paid to run around outside for a few hours every day. :doh:

.co.uk had a competition recently and the prize was an interview with a player of the winner's choice.

Some blonde won it and chose Taylor who is absolutely loving the attention in the video they've put up. He's sitting there, puffing his chest out, trying to look cool as you like :lol: