We're doing a lot better than last year.........

Rob W

On a team by team basis we are 11 points ahead of last season

Our only rotten result compared to last season (so far) is the away loss to Wigan which equates to the 3 points we got at Saints in 2004/2005

We have no other negative results compared to last season

The fact of the matter is, we're not actually in a terrible place - the thing is, we're far inferior to where we'd like to be, should be and, lets face it, to where some of us have become acustomed.

Things have been a lot worse before, and they may well will be again. I certainly wouldn't swap our predicament for that of Sunderland, Birmingham, Everton or Portsmouth - that's for sure.

Sunderland, Birmingham, Everton and Portsmouth did not finish 4th, 3rd and fifth in the Premiership, have never played in the Champions League and do not have 52,000 fans every week.

You have to look at where we were when Souness arrived compared to where we have fallen to now.

A year and a half ago we were in a similar situation to Liverpool - look at us now.

The fact of the matter is, we're not actually in a terrible place - the thing is, we're far inferior to where we'd like to be, should be and, lets face it, to where some of us have become acustomed.

Things have been a lot worse before, and they may well will be again. I certainly wouldn't swap our predicament for that of Sunderland, Birmingham, Everton or Portsmouth - that's for sure.

71713[/snapback]

I wouldn't swap with those teams either.

Craig, it's not the position we're in per se, it's the abject performances for over a year now. A team can't keep playing like that and there is no sign of improvement.

71713[/snapback]

I wouldn't swap with those teams either.

Craig, it's not the position we're in per se, it's the abject performances for over a year now. A team can't keep playing like that and there is no sign of improvement.

71743[/snapback]

Fair enough, I was making the point that things could be worse - I conceed that it doesn't necessarily excuse everything wrong with the club.

I'm as pissed off as anyone that we appear to be slipping.

BTW, can I just point out to Super7 that Everton finished 4th last season and were technically in the Champions League?

But its better shite (statistically) this season

71731[/snapback]

You cant polish a turd Rob.

71742[/snapback]

you don't have my job kidda................

Sorry, we had more than 14 points after 18 games last year, no?

71757[/snapback]

probably - what I'm talking about is if you look at the TEAMS we've played to date and the results we got in 2004/2005 and compare them to the same games this season we're 11 points ahead (obviously I have to substiute the 3 teams that came up for those relegated)

Its only the result at Wigan (A) - which replaced Southampton A in my list - where we've done worse than last season................................

Our only rotten result compared to last season (so far) is the away loss to Wigan which equates to the 3 points we got at Saints in 2004/2005

71712[/snapback]

so we are doing well under Sounes then...

congratulations on having your expectations successfully lowered..

as clueless as ever

Sorry, we had more than 14 points after 18 games last year, no?

71757[/snapback]

probably - what I'm talking about is if you look at the TEAMS we've played to date and the results we got in 2004/2005 and compare them to the same games this season we're 11 points ahead (obviously I have to substiute the 3 teams that came up for those relegated)

Its only the result at Wigan (A) - which replaced Southampton A in my list - where we've done worse than last season................................

71759[/snapback]

Oh right, apologies - a bit slow today. Still a large amount of this is due to having Given splendid as always.

71712[/snapback]

as clueless as ever

71760[/snapback]

I missed the bit where Rob said we were doing well under Souness, I cant spot any lowered expectations. Needless insulting post on your behalf.

Everton's 4th place finish meant they entered the Champions League qualification rounds. They did not qualify for the Champions League and have never been in the competition (many on Merseyside are of course still bitter that they would have been in the European Cup had it not been for the ban on British clubs following Heysel).

Remember how disappointed we were when we were knocked out at the same stage? And now you are saying you are happy that we are not quite as bad as last year. As Leazes Mag says how expectations have been sucessfully lowered!

71712[/snapback]

as clueless as ever

71760[/snapback]

I missed the bit where Rob said we were doing well under Souness, I cant spot any lowered expectations. Needless insulting post on your behalf.

71765[/snapback]

don't think it takes much intelligence to read between the lines of "11 points better off..."

pretty needless and pointless post from yourself, but thats usual for you as well

71712[/snapback]

as clueless as ever

71760[/snapback]

71765[/snapback]

don't think it takes much intelligence to read between the lines of "11 points better off..."

pretty needless and pointless post from yourself, but thats usual for you as well

71768[/snapback]

fight the anger Leazes, fight it - it'll make you a better person, honest

and I'm NO fan of Souness - the sooner he goes the better IMHO

Edited by Rob W

71712[/snapback]

as clueless as ever

71760[/snapback]

71765[/snapback]

71768[/snapback]

fight the anger Leazes, fight it - it'll make you a better person, honest

and I'm NO fan of Souness - the sooner he goes the better IMHO

71774[/snapback]

whats your problem Rob ?

One day you may snap out of your dreamworld like .....

I have no problems at all, dear lad, none at all

but you seem to get worked up very easily indeed................   as I said, fight the anger

71791[/snapback]

LOL....You're a right one aren't you Rob....

sidestepping the issue as usual, no solutions ....

such decisiveness !

Edited by LeazesMag

Everton's 4th place finish meant they entered the Champions League qualification rounds. They did not qualify for the Champions League and have never been in the competition (many on Merseyside are of course still bitter that they would have been in the European Cup had it not been for the ban on British clubs following Heysel).

Remember how disappointed we were when we were knocked out at the same stage? And now you are saying you are happy that we are not quite as bad as last year. As Leazes Mag says how expectations have been sucessfully lowered!

71766[/snapback]

You'd do well to actually read what I've typed :D

Not once did I say I'm happy with what's going on and if you look carefully you'll see that I said Everton technically[/b] were in the CL - indeed the same position we were in in one of the seasons you mention...

I take it the Christmas spirit has evapourated for another year then? :)

71799[/snapback]

I'm trying to get him into therapy - or at least to stop going crazy on EVERY Thread................ :D:blush::blush::rolleyes:

71766[/snapback]

A bit pedantic here Super.....

There never used to be a "league" until they decided to make more $$$$$$$$

It was a straight knockout

Most people use the CL as shorthand - God forbid we finish up like Aussie Rules with Grand Finals, Super Grand Finals and AMAZING Grand Finals