We're doing a lot better than last year.........

Rob W

I take it the Christmas spirit has evapourated for another year then? :)

71799[/snapback]

I'm trying to get him into therapy - or at least to stop going crazy on EVERY Thread................ :D:blush::blush::rolleyes:

71902[/snapback]

but I'm right Rob laddie, and whats more, you know I am ....

Being in a CL playoff does not mean a club has qualified for the CL.

71910[/snapback]

Therefore the great Sir Bobby Robson only got us there once in 5 attempts? Not good enough tbh :blush:

:D

Being in a CL playoff does not mean a club has qualified for the CL.

71910[/snapback]

Therefore the great Sir Bobby Robson only got us there once in 5 attempts? Not good enough tbh :blush:

:D

71974[/snapback]

Not with you regarding the Robson comment, Craig.

It's really quite simple, finishing 3rd or 4th gets a club into the CL qualifying stage. By definition, qualifying stage means that if a team wins it qualifies for the CL. Until that time, a club isn't in the CL.

Only when we finished 4th, it'd didn't qualify us for the CL. (They only offered 3 places for England back then).

The only time we actually qualified for the CL was the season we finished 3rd - hence only once in 5 attempts! :D

Only when we finished 4th, it'd didn't qualify us for the CL. (They only offered 3 places for England back then).

The only time we actually qualified for the CL was the season we finished 3rd - hence only once in 5 attempts! :D

72104[/snapback]

1996-97, first ever team to enter the newly expanded Champions League [QF] for finishing runners up ....

good quiz question, in spite of what southern cockney journos will try to tell you, ref the gloryseekers winning the trophy in 99 courtesy of finishing 2nd in the league the previous season - such incorrect information I read once in one of the so called "informed" newspapers ....

The same newspaper who, when writing an article about the building of the new Wembley, about 4-5 years ago, said the FA should ask the chairman of sunderland, BOB REID, for advice on what is required to build such a thing, having oversaw the building and construction of a new stadium like the stadium of shite

Edited by LeazesMag

72104[/snapback]

Actually Craig it's t'other way round - the season we finished fourth was the one where we actually qualified (it was the first season England had four places I think).

The Partizan Belgrade debacle followed the next season, after we finished third.

72104[/snapback]

Not sure what the point is.

Edited by Howaythelads

The only time we actually qualified for the CL was the season we finished 3rd - hence only once in 5 attempts! :blush:

72104[/snapback]

1996-97, first ever team to enter the newly expanded Champions League [QF] for finishing runners up ....

72123[/snapback]

And Sir Bobby Robson has what exactly to do with that qualification? :D

72104[/snapback]

72246[/snapback]

Don't worry, I didn't think you would.... :blush:

The only time we actually qualified for the CL was the season we finished 3rd - hence only once in 5 attempts! :blush:

72104[/snapback]

72123[/snapback]

And Sir Bobby Robson has what exactly to do with that qualification? :D

72368[/snapback]

I wondered why you restricted it to the "great" Bobby Robson

Incidentally, if any further amplification was needed how far backwards we have gone under fuckwit, despite adding englands no1 goalscorer for 17m quid - at the moment we have scored 18 goals in 18 games, in the first 18 games of Bobby Robson's last season, with the presence of the "poisonous" Bellamy and Robert we had scored 26 goals.

We have a team that without his goals would be without doubt relegation material....that is a cost of 33m quid, before Owens fee, to achieve a team that if he is injured is well and truly struggling.

The only time we actually qualified for the CL was the season we finished 3rd - hence only once in 5 attempts! ;)

72104[/snapback]

72246[/snapback]

Don't worry, I didn't think you would.... :rolleyes:

72369[/snapback]

Why should I be worried about you getting something completely wrong and babbling on about nowt of any importance? :rolleyes:

The only time we actually qualified for the CL was the season we finished 3rd - hence only once in 5 attempts! :rolleyes:

72104[/snapback]

72123[/snapback]

And Sir Bobby Robson has what exactly to do with that qualification? ;)

72368[/snapback]

I wondered why you restricted it to the "great" Bobby Robson

Incidentally, if any further amplification was needed how far backwards we have gone under fuckwit, despite adding englands no1 goalscorer for 17m quid - at the moment we have scored 18 goals in 18 games, in the first 18 games of Bobby Robson's last season, with the presence of the "poisonous" Bellamy and Robert we had scored 26 goals.

We have a team that without his goals would be without doubt relegation material....that is a cost of 33m quid, before Owens fee, to achieve a team that if he is injured is well and truly struggling.

72375[/snapback]

More good points. No doubt some will take the piss. Seems to me that some people aren't really that bothered that we're shit.

Indeed, and totally relevant points too regarding the subject of the thread, more proof that some expectations have been lowered....

And whats more, it was confidently predicted without the use of a crystal ball, it was all very obvious to anyone unless you wore rose tinted glasses ©

Edited by LeazesMag