Secret Santa

Brock Manson

Does anyone else do this at their workplace/student house/line dancing class?

Have to go out and spend a fiver on something for a bloke in my office. Not a bloody clue what he likes but he's one of these office joker types who always goes round going 'Don't worry Scott, I'm alright mate" and "He's a bit of a boy innee?"

Novelty mug? Chocolate orange? What's the general rule for a work secret santa?

We do it and it's usually a cringeworthy attempt at team building that falls on it's arse. To make it even worse this year is that we drew it last week but the knacker who organised it forgot to put all the names in, so they got everyone to put the names back in the hat a couple of days later and we're allegedly going to have a redraw.

Place I used to work this lass fancied me so conspired to get my name and spent about £20 instead of the specified fiver. Didn't get her anywhere like.

They do it here, I am a miserable bastard so dont partake.

:lol: And you wonder why you don't get on with the people you work with?

Anyway, if it's someone I don't know very well then it's the standard 5 quid's worth of scratch cards.

They do it here, I am a miserable bastard so dont partake.

:lol: And you wonder why you don't get on with the people you work with?

Anyway, if it's someone I don't know very well then it's the standard 5 quid's worth of scratch cards.

:lol:

I dont partake because its like a primary school. The lass who does my tits in spends most of the morning giggling and fucking about. Mind you, she does that all year.

Its a good laugh. Well it can be. The last company I worked for my gaffa was a snobby Indian/English pseudo-intellectual coke head, he was a cunt. He truthfully was. Every weekend he'd do in 2k on prostitutes and sniff, straight up, but a snobbier cunt you couldn't ever meet. I got him Slum Dog Millionaire and bought a book about from a cheap shop for £3 about the dangers of prostitution, he fucked off in to his office and demanded people tell him who sent him it. No one ever did. But 1-0 all the same. I used to get an English dictionary every year. Hilarious. Stupid cockney cunts.

This was actually brought up at a daily meeting, should we do one or not, as if it'd have a dramatic effect on productivity or somesuch nonsense. Anyway, the voice of reason suggested that instead of secret santa we all put some money in a kitty and get some decent food for everyone to share.

There's always one in each of the teams at my work, I always opt out though because I hate shopping for my family enough without having to shell out for some random I barely know. Only did it one year (the first year I was there) and got some right weirdo, thankfully that year everyone had to write down stuff they'd like and she put chocolate so it was fairly easy.

Used to do this in July every year when I worked abroad. The crack was you did small acts of kindness for week, then gave the gift at the end.

One year, my Santa tidied my tent ( a mammoth task) left flowers, cold beer appeared from nowhere, there was a coffee by my bed every morning when I woke up. All excellent stuff.

When the gift swap happened, turned out my Santa was a lad who I openly detested. I felt like a piece of shit. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

This was actually brought up at a daily meeting, should we do one or not, as if it'd have a dramatic effect on productivity or somesuch nonsense. Anyway, the voice of reason suggested that instead of secret santa we all put some money in a kitty and get some decent food for everyone to share.

Are you sure that it wasn't you, the voice of gluttony? :razz:

Used to do this in July every year when I worked abroad. The crack was you did small acts of kindness for week, then gave the gift at the end.

One year, my Santa tidied my tent ( a mammoth task) left flowers, cold beer appeared from nowhere, there was a coffee by my bed every morning when I woke up. All excellent stuff.

When the gift swap happened, turned out my Santa was a lad who I openly detested. I felt like a piece of shit. :lol:

Did he try and bum you too?

Are you sure that it wasn't you, the voice of gluttony? :razz:

You honestly believe I'd miss a chance to parade my genius? :cuppa:

wonderful irony that I make a mistake in this post :lol:

Edited by The Fish