Rugby

Kid Dynamite

Our mate who lives in Birtley is often referred to as "the mackem"....that's how Uber Mag we are :nufc:

back on topic...I quite like watching a game of rugby but find the whole culture round the game fuckin nauseating......actually I've just glanced out the window and theres a gormless twat with a England rugger shirt standing in the garden of the house opposite having a fag, chatting to the character and charisma free-zone that is the house owner himself...they must be having a first game "party" tonight..I'll be keeping a keen eye out for the public vomiting and negro spiritual hymn singing later then.. :glare:

:lol:

These lads were going to 2nd div grounds round the country giving it their all only to be called 'mackems' by cheeky little bastards like us. No surprise they occasionally got a bit pissed off. Normally it was taken in the right spirit but not always.

Lad at work who's South African is travelling to SJP for the game with his Dad who's coming over for it.

I used to know a lad who played for the third or fourth team at Westoe rugby club - I don't know what league they play in or where that is in the scheme of things but he told me he was expected to call first teamers "Sir" if they spoke to him. Fuck that shit and the Tory cunts who ride in it.

Should also mention we had some bloke in at work a few weeks ago who was a motivational coach for the all blacks who he described as the most successful team in sporting history. He didn't seem to like my question about how a team dominating a sport played in 20 countries only 6 of which are any good constitutes success.

Edited by NJS

Prince Harry looking rather fit with the old beardy thing going on :D

That's my contribution to the rugby.

I don't know what it is about 'Harry' (what's the little twats proper name?), but I can't fucking stand the ginger - born-with-a-silver-spoon-media-junkie parasite.

Maybe I'm being harsh.

Maybe not.

My only fond rugby union memories are seeing a union stadium from my grannies house in N Ireland. Think it was Ulster's ground. I also knocked back an offer to play rugby for the school as I didn't want to get injured and lose my place in the real football team. Games too slow and full of suspiciously looking non- athlete types although it's still better than darts on that score. Better than athletics too. And cricket. Gaelic football? Tough call but I'd sway towards the Gaelic football tbh, tbs, tbs.

I used to love watching rugby. In NZ it's not seen as toff sport at all. It's the complete opposite in fact. Australia doesn't really cover the rugby, so I'm totally out of touch with who's good. I know the All Blacks are still going well, but that's about it.

The Aussie media doesn't really cover rugby much because most people view rugby, similarly to those in UK apparently, as a private school boys' sport for wankers.

@TheFish Who do think will win it Davey?

Japan apparently winning against all odds yesterday against South Africa with a try in the final 10 seconds. I don't follow the sport but you've got to love the passion and emotion of that team. Sounds like the rugby equivalent of Luxembourg beating Germany in the last kick of the game.